Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Turbo running at 4 psi

1989RS

Hey guys

Was driving my car today was going perfectly fine and was boosting at 9-10 psi in all gears. parked it up let it run a little before i turned it off. Now its only running at 3-4 psi max. ive checked the boost lines and nothing is leaking one line was lyin gon top of the doen pipe but only a little bit has been burnt. does any one have any ideas. its on a bc5 legacy

think they only hit about 4 psi when the ecu goes into limp mode? try pulling codes from your ecu and see what you come up with, then reset it and see if the problem has gone away, it may be that it has detected a bit of knock as it was iddling before you turned it off and the ecu switched to limp mode

1989RS said:

just plugged the 2 green plugs together and the boost controller on the drivers side pillar is making a sucking and clicking noise but no fault codes were coming up.

its the black ones next to the green ones that need to be plugged in ;)

Guest S T  E Y E

my v2 use to boost 7 psi in limp mode maybe u have a softer spring in the internal and thats ur limp pressure...but wen myn was in limp mode it would CEL...

check the plug going into boost solinoid....

maybe boost solinoid has shat itself

i was thinking it might be the boost controller because if its packed up it might be opening the waste gate too early and letting pressure out ill try resetting the ecu again tonight but if it dosent work im going to try getting a new boost controller. does anyone know if these are interchangeable between different models and autos and manuals

funkytown said:

deathzors gravel express runs 5-6psi in limp (if you trust his gauge) on a td04.

the OP posted about a bc5 so im picking vf8 on that bad boy (or was it the vf10), what is the WG spring in those?

Haha, vf8's are actually not a bad wee turbo, more top end than a td04 anyhow....