Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

kw of rsk b4s

sup guys i dunno much bout b4s but i read and cant find any more...but that my 99 b4 twin turbo has has 206 killa watt at fly wheel.i was bit pissed and got told that my b4 dont, but im sure i read on head that my b4 has 206 kw at fly wheel. mines auto/tip tronic..any help and advice would be great az the person i was arguing against was suby fan..wrx drifting an shit haha jst wanna bum him out haha!cheers matty..

bloody text me 027 34 67 410 if ya good info n wana conva haha cheers matty

thort mine being auto wulda bin less!but manual tt b4 is same as version 7 sti at fly wheel or wateva eh?? an essay would help me ALOT hahah!!cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!wat u mean circa

engineerboy']

wat u mean circa

your kidding right??? :o :o it means approximately. or there a bouts, or ball park...

[quote name='clintondane said:

as far as i was aware the difference in power wasn't kw but nm between the auto and manual? having looked around and spoken with mechanics etc that seems to be the general concensus?

b]No[/b]

Any Circa figures from memory:

Manual: 206KW@6400RPM & 343NM@4800RPM

Auto: 176KW@6000RPM & 309NM@4800RPM

They be ball park

The figures supplied by Subaru where to keep the authorities happy I believe (as japan has limits on power outputs, max 206kw). I have read that the actual power may have been a tad higher than what Subaru stated.

clintondane said:

as far as i was aware the difference in power wasn't kw but nm between the auto and manual? having looked around and spoken with mechanics etc that seems to be the general concensus?

Generally to make less torques u need either less HP or less revs as HP and Torques are relative to each other :)

I think youve got a JDM manual figure and a Oz auto figure there subieboy

JDM

206kw manual

190kw auto

ADM

190kw manual

176kw auto

But anyways to answer your question.. Autos have less power. Different engine with lower redline, different primary turbo

Trivium said:

Being able to type legibility might help in getting yourself an answer too :P

You fit in well round here! The kids won't like it though. Apparently their version of English is the way the world is going these days (same direction as the American Economy).

Be careful, however.. I got told off for correcting someone of the 'older generation' in another thread for correcting his grammer, as I couldn't understand wtf he was saying!

true, horsepower and torqes are relative to each other but the idea that hp needs to drop with torques isn't always true. the new subi sti sedan comes with both auto and manual gearboxes, they both have the same kw output but the auto has quite a few less nm of torque, about 57 less? the fact is auto gearboxes generally can't handle as much power as a manual so i think the info that b4's put out 206kw is accurate but they certainly are not same in the torque department. i've spoken to a few people that agree with that and also spoke with a few that agree the subaru blitzen tt has more power adn more torque thanks to different turbos. i'm not an outhority by any means and i'm sure some will disagree with what i've said :P

clintondane said:

true, horsepower and torqes are relative to each other but the idea that hp needs to drop with torques isn't always true. the new subi sti sedan comes with both auto and manual gearboxes, they both have the same kw output but the auto has quite a few less nm of torque, about 57 less? the fact is auto gearboxes generally can't handle as much power as a manual so i think the info that b4's put out 206kw is accurate but they certainly are not same in the torque department. i've spoken to a few people that agree with that and also spoke with a few that agree the subaru blitzen tt has more power adn more torque thanks to different turbos. i'm not an outhority by any means and i'm sure some will disagree with what i've said :P

No.

Blitzen had only Body Kit, wheels and different springs/shock settings.

Maunals Came with Front LSD standard

And they had Triptronic Auto.

Engine is same as normal RSK Nothing more, Nothing less.

only B4 to come with different turbos is the STi S401

D-Style']

[quote name='clintondane said:

/quote]

No.

Blitzen had only Body Kit, wheels and different springs/shock settings.

Maunals Came with Front LSD standard

And they had Triptronic Auto.

Engine is same as normal RSK Nothing more, Nothing less.

WRT the front lsd this was only in the blitzen sedan and the RSK (manual) correct? or did it apply to the blitzen gtb and gtb as well?

Guess the wagons are the same...

tiptronic = 191.23kw/260ps and 319nM torque

Manual = 205.6kw/280ps and 343nm torque

Lil bit of info here too:

http://autospeed.co.nz/cms/title_The-Subaru-EJ20-Turbo-Guide/A_2775/article.html

I have a Rev D tiptronic, goes hard - i'm happy with it... the gear change when in tiptronic mode is pretty much as quick as the manual too - difficult to change gear using the buttons on the steering wheel when turning, so i just use the shifter instead.. it holds what ever gear your in until you change gear, won't change down until you either stop or manually change it and it'll sit on the rev limiter all day if you don't change up..

Iv'e heard of people putting around 330hp thru these auto boxes in the UK forums.. depending on your ECU, i would reccomend a reflash - instant power for just over $1000.00

really? you think the b4 and blitzens don't feel true to their stated power figures? i've driven 240kw red top sti sedans adn true they go hard but a totally different power delivery. i think the power figures for the b4's etc are accurate and feel it too. our blitzen is stock standard and goes hard as hell, as hard as any stock v7 sti i've driven.

D-Style said:

umm, even the S401 didn't come with different turbos. Rev-C and Rev-D came with the VF32 secondary and the VF33 primary, same as the S401. The only difference is the ECU and it's tune.

ohh, and 182kw at wheels for my 2000 TT -manual-, car did 175,xxx ks at the time

just going on what experience i have in driving them but you are right they have a totally different power delivery than the single turbos, my old bf5 would eat my workmates one everytime and i dont think it had near those power figures

i hate the fact that we're gonna end up getting rid of our blitzen in a year or so's time due to th warranty running out and we don't wanna risk being stung financially if something major goes wrong. gonna miss the power delivery of the twin turbo big time, looking at getting an 04/05 spec b sedan when we get rid of the blitzen :'(

Just fyi, wheel HP depends largely on how it is measured, ie. What dyno (manufacturer), what gear the power is measured in and what adjustments they made for humidity/elevation etc. Generally you loose 25% of the engine horse power from parasitic drag and running resistance, alternator, water pump, viscous diffs, gearbox, wheel bearings and on an auto heaps is lost in the torque converter, 4wd also means less whp compared to fwhp since there is more drag on the engine too - sometimes dynos adjust for this which gives a false figure also. I would guess a true dyno would give a 206kw legacy about 140-150kw at the wheels. A really generous, feel good about yourself bullshit dyno could tell you you have up to 180kw atw.

clintondane said:

i hate the fact that we're gonna end up getting rid of our blitzen in a year or so's time due to th warranty running out and we don't wanna risk being stung financially if something major goes wrong. gonna miss the power delivery of the twin turbo big time, looking at getting an 04/05 spec b sedan when we get rid of the blitzen :'(

Why not just purchase another warranty from Autosure, Drive Right, Links etc?