• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

New WRX (non-STi)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loren']

Come on newsuba, everyone knows that french build quality is RUBBISH.

And smelly and hairy.

[quote name='Simon C said:

Indeed. You can get a used E46 M3 for less than that.

/quote]

I like your choice in cars.

;)

How much are these going for nowadays, i tried trademe just now but got blocked.

your work fails at computer security.

They let you on clubsub but block trademe!!!!???!!!

dude go drive the nuts off all of the above cars, let your gf do the same.

make a list of pros and cons for each.

Buy.

TURTLE']

And smelly and hairy.

/quote]

;)

How much are these going for nowadays, i tried trademe just now but got blocked.

try trademe.com.au use to get around school firewall withthat

TURTLE']

And smelly and hairy.

/quote]

;)

Quick search brought up 3 for between $55k - $60k

loren said:

Well he did asked a large group of people for their opinion, and not specify that everyone should encourage him to buy a new WRX ;)

Although I guess he did just asked for opions on a new WRX, not for a list of alternatives...

I say get an EVO X... one of those 400HP ones they had on top gear.

Well this is Clubsub, i'm surprise a shitfight hasnt broken out yet with ppl posting up they going to leave and dolphin name calling.

Anyways The gf wants an auto, so that counts the wrx out. So it might be a holden instead...

Ive got another week till my week off, i'll still wana take a wrx for a spin.

Guest loren

Can't you get an auto WRX NZ new?

But if you really want an auto I think a holden clubsport would be on the cards.

loren']

That's as true as all German cars are perfect.

:D

[quote name='loren said:

Can't you get an auto WRX NZ new?

But if you really want an auto I think a holden clubsport would be on the cards.

AFAIK only the MY03 WRX was offered with auto in NZ.

If you want a new shape auto you have to get a JDM S-GT.

well our last 3 subaurs (96 RA, 01 blitzen, v9 sti) have all been maunals.

She just doesnt want a maunal to drive around in brissy traffic.

And cause imports are so hard (and expensive) to get in aussie, that also rules getting a grey import.

meh, what can you do.....

Guest DMSREX

Just go and buy a Falcon or Holden they make good sense in large city traffic like Sydney/Brisbane. I won't bother with a manual anything if i lived in either city.

Guest loren
 Simon C said:

How on earth does a long, wide, gas guzzling V6 or V8 Falcon or Holden make any sense whatsoever as a city car?

no heat soak in the hot aussie sun so you can still drag at the lights. duh.

Guest DMSREX
 Simon C said:

How on earth does a long, wide, gas guzzling V6 or V8 Falcon or Holden make any sense whatsoever as a city car?

Have you ever lived in either city ? Those who have know what i mean. Nice amount of torque availble low down to get you away from traffic lights quickly enoungh, they're just an easier drive around congested city streets.

Oh dear god, don't get a 207GTi. I had a 206 GTi, the engineering was a decade behind anything Japanese, the inside was made of recycled ice cream containers, and reliability was non existent, service costs were exorbitant. It handled pretty average as well, until I replaced the entire suspension with a KoniSport system. The 207GTi has routinely been mauled by reviewers, crap handling and heavy. The only good thing is the engine, which isn't Peugeot's own but rather comes from the current generation Mini Cooper S. I've had a look at a 207GTi, it looked like a 206GTi that had eaten waaay too much cheesecake. Felt a bit more solid, but considering the exterior bulk of the car the interior and boot space was pretty disappointing. Reading the specification sheets and information packs, there has been very little new engineering introduced to rectify the bad points of the 206 (which I have a pretty in depth knowledge of). I was offered a test drive, and I turned it down. Peugeot had the opportunity to make a car on technical par with things like the Ford Focus, Mazda 3 and Mini Cooper, but they spent all the money on stylists and not enough on the engineering IMHO. It's not class leading, and it's an inherent problem with Peugeot's form over function mentality. Buy a 207GTi to look pretty, but not to enjoy it.

Guest DMSREX
 newsuba said:

Gas is cheap !

If you want a big, lazy V8 with slushbox then go for it.

Minimal effort to drive and comfortable;.

Drawback is wielding a car the size of a Falcon or Commodore through said congested streets.

:D

You don't have to own a v8 version of either' 6's give okay economy (not fantastic certainly better than the v8) and all the performance you need in the city. I come from Sydney, believe me getting around in a Ford or Holden is whole lot less of a chore than driving a manual EVO/WRX Sti type vehicle in that situation.

D-Style said:

well our last 3 subaurs (96 RA, 01 blitzen, v9 sti) have all been maunals.

She just doesnt want a maunal to drive around in brissy traffic.

And cause imports are so hard (and expensive) to get in aussie, that also rules getting a grey import.

meh, what can you do.....

Probably buy a crappy new Crummydoor like most aussie's...

I've had (to quote Mike here) bum dyno time in several of these (including the 6L V8) and to be honest, apart from the lack of power and acceleration (no, seriously), they handle like the cook strait ferry on a bad day... ::)

Currently driving dads VE Calais - handles wellish but visibility severly reduced from the VY :S

Neither has the balls out - overall power of the Sti, but the torque is pretty mean tho :)

A commodore with the S-pack handling kit will drive/handle alright - probably better/as well as most new cars that arnt sports bred (so as good as a new corolla/polo/vw/falcon/and probably a standard impreza). People knock them a LOT based on the fact they used to the pre 2004 suspension found in their sti. But iv had a fair bit of bum-dyno time in various 'new ish' cars (used to work at car rental place) and its only the older (pre 00) commodes that have the road holding capacity issues - had some old commy that was like a boat.

Anyway - he lives in qld, theres only 12 corners in the entire country anyway :P

newsuba said:

Peugeot hasn't made a decent hot hatch since the 205 GTi 1.9 and 306 GTi6/Rallye.

I was actually thinking when Hopai poked his head up that the current breed is a long way short of the 205GTi 1.9. Havent driven a GTi6 but a mate had one in the UK and had nothing bad to say abt it.

As for the sub....if you dont want to buy the new WRX, and arent too keen on a Falcodore then why not buy the outgoing Legacy turbo????

Still brand spankers!!