Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

sti red top question??

LAZLO

just wanted to know if the manifold can be sti but not red,my mates got 1 complete with yellow injectors and shit and just wondering if its sti,its not red just the normal silver color,so can it be sti or does it have to be red,the paint hasnt fallen off or anything,its just like that

theyre not a JDM STI..theyre a JDM WRX (non sti)...my mate had a 97 sedan WRX (non sti) JDM and has a WRX engine (WRX internals NOT STI internals) but has VF22 and yellow injectors and orange AFM and the 1s ecu...

the 1s is mapped for the slightly higher compression motor with the yellows etc....

kamineko']

v2 sti ra had an unpainted manifold +5th injector

v3 / v4 wrx manual sedans got yellow injectors/orange afm. (unpainted mani, like any wrx)

k so it is sti,its a v3 / v4 type with the coil pack in the middle,its just that my other mates gonna buy it but i wanted to make sure it was sti so he doesnt think hes getting ripped off

wait, what? too early in the morning? lol i just told you it is normal manual sedan wrx of v3/v4 vintage. i tend not to use MY9x because the overlap is confusing

[quote name='gazzy2000 said:

the so called b]JDM STI[/b] (the one that runs the 1S ECU) runs an orange AFM, yellows and VF22 and has not got a painted manifold.

For ultimate identification have a look at the numbers on the ECU (as long as it the original ECU)

Gary... cut it out! :P

oh geebez not again ::) yea yea JDM WRX = all bolt on STI goodies but no forged internals, nooo its not an "actual STI" ::)

but for this thread, if it has yellows, an orange AFM and a VF22 with no painted manifold.. unless someone has changed sh1t around its bound to be the "JDM WRX" with a 1S ECU.

So if it is a 'JDM WRX' thats why the manifold is not painted

LAZLO said:

k so it is sti,its a v3 / v4 type with the coil pack in the middle,its just that my other mates gonna buy it but i wanted to make sure it was sti so he doesnt think hes getting ripped off

Yeah, na, it's not. It's a JDM, not STi.

• Admin
 gazzy2000']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

Singapore spec sti also has an unpainted manifold. ;-)

/quote]

what.. theres a v3/4 singapore spec?

I've got a Singapore Spec V14 STi I'll sell you. 2 wheels for weight reduction, straight aluminium handlebar steering wheel with independent front and rear braking, handlebar steering wheel gear shift... comes with 2 cranks, both say Shimano on them. It's an STi, honest.

• 3 weeks later...
 WRXONP said:

theyre not a JDM STI..theyre a JDM WRX (non sti)...my mate had a 97 sedan WRX (non sti) JDM and has a WRX engine (WRX internals NOT STI internals) but has VF22 and yellow injectors and orange AFM and the 1s ecu...

the 1s is mapped for the slightly higher compression motor with the yellows etc....

Can i use the 6s ecu and vf28 turbo instead of the 1s and vf22 ?

JoKer said:

that manifold (if thats all he got) could also be of a BG GTB

TT might have an extra port for vacuum but still has yellows and orange AFM

TT also rumoured to flow better

i think he did mention that its got the coilpacks in the middle, that wud rule out the TT manifold no?

who said its original engine its come off... it cud be from anywhere. is ur mate planning on using the injectors or is he just after the manifold? if hes just after the manifold, shudnt the WRX and STI be the same?