Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN BUT RECOVERED - WASTE OF A MINT VER 8 - PRINTS MATCHED!

dimin

That sounds possible abt disarming and code learning as have heard that is possible to learn the alarm code with the right equipment

Must have been some pro thief as I'm sure it's not an easy thing to do and get it so right straight away

How is insurance comming along bro

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vf20/21bg5

sorry for your loss...... now someone needs to steel it from the recovery yard! and you never see it again ,apart from the insurance money to buy a nice new one

if the wastegate is unplumbed completely it'll just be running wastegate pressure (usually 7psi) so probably not free boosted at all.

you can always talk with your insurance assesor and come to an arrangement if it is close to being written off, they'll usually pay out a bit less if its not over the % threshold that they decide. But if you really dont want it back its an option.

Or ask if they'll pay out cash for the damage and then just part out the car, they're worth more in parts anyway

Spoiler most likely removed to disguise it, too bad its stil easily recognisable with black lip, meshed spotlight cover for CAI, silver enkei wheels, carbon heat shield above the muffler, etc. But on that note, anyone who sees a cheap genuine V8 Sti spoiler for sale let us know via PM, reward still offered if it leads to the culprits being caught and hopefully convicted. Also, with the wastegate hose off, I was meaning no pressure source to the actuator, which free boosts it effectively, did it my self just to test if i had a actuator issue way back when I bought it. Probly not so much 1-3rd gears, but higher gears it went way past 20psi.

Ideas of dedicated track car, reshelling the entire drivetrain(engine/brakes/box/diff/ecu and loom - the works) into a type R 2 door, and such have crossed my mind, but ultimately waiting for the insurance co to decide whats happening, so once they get back to me can negotiate the options. Parting out is the last thing I wanna do as il lose massive amounts of money, and with money still owing on the car Id rather clear debt and have cash left over. Will see what the next week brings.

pappu said:

That sounds possible abt disarming and code learning as have heard that is possible to learn the alarm code with the right equipment

Must have been some pro thief as I'm sure it's not an easy thing to do and get it so right straight away

this is possible with a fixed code, but all alarms these days have rolling codes so it makes it much harder to "read" it as the code changes everytime. having installed alarms myself i know that once the siren is stopped, its very easy to unplug and bridge the immob curcuit and get that shit started.

EJ20T']

[quote name='pappu said:

/quote]

this is possible with a fixed code, but all alarms these days have rolling codes so it makes it much harder to "read" it as the code changes everytime. having installed alarms myself i know that once the siren is stopped, its very easy to unplug and bridge the immob curcuit and get that s*** started.

Yea have also installed alarms, and yep definately easy ay once you find the module, just bridge them out, which is why im thinking I should of put some kill switches in for fuel pump and ignition circuits. My question is how did they get into the car/move it without triggering the alarm ? Stil stumped at trying to figure it out.

dimin']

[quote name='96WRX said:

were any of the windows smashed??

/quote]

Na no windows were broken, but the monsoon shield above the back drivers side door was broken off for some reason.

monsoon broken... v8's are pillarless yea?? if so they musta got in using the old "bit of wire in the window trick".

I had to help out a lady at work one time as she locked her keys in her BG leggy wagon.. took about 25 seconds to get in using a coat hanger, i didint realise it was that easy :o. Pillarless windows = fail!

So i guess all they have to do is silence the alarm and then they have all the time in the world (so to speak) to get the imbolizers bi-passed etc etc

Was the ignition all munted and broken?

boon said:

Yeah pulling the wastegate hose off would just give you spring pressure, as mentioned roughly 9psi. If they plumbed it to a vacuum line though... probably a bit more.

pulling the waste gate hose off would cause it to stay shut & free boost...?

pl0x']

[quote name='boon said:

Yeah pulling the wastegate hose off would just give you spring pressure, as mentioned roughly 9psi. If they plumbed it to a vacuum line though... probably a bit more.

/quote]

yip.. thats right, free boost means no plumbing at all to or from the wastegate i.e. WG just stays shut

"Wastegate Pressure" is plumbed directly from wastegate actuator to that nipple (whatever u call it lol) on the turbo i.e. when boost pressure reached around 9PSI it overrides the spring pressure in the WG and opens it letting the exhaust gases bypass turbine etc etc, hence the boost is regulated at 9 PSI

pl0x']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

if you unplug the hose - then it will stay shut until it gets to wastegate spring pressure. Think about it there is no boost line keeping the gate shut anymore, so its free to open at more than wastegate pressure, so you end up with... wastegate pressure...

funkytown']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

if you unplug the hose - then it will stay shut until it gets to wastegate spring pressure. Think about it there is no boost line keeping the gate shut anymore, so its free to open at more than wastegate pressure, so you end up with... wastegate pressure...

You're round the wrong way Jon.

The boost in the hose pushes the wastegate open once the boost level overcomes the spring in the diapragm (i.e. wastegate pressure if attached directly or higher pressure if you bleed some off). Not having the hose attached means the backpressure in the manifold has to overcome the spring all by itself which may be somewhere up around 25psi.

hurrr..

so

boon']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

if the wastegate is unplumbed completely it'll just be running wastegate pressure (usually 7psi) so probably not free boosted at all.

you can always talk with your insurance assesor and come to an arrangement if it is close to being written off, they'll usually pay out a bit less if its not over the % threshold that they decide. But if you really dont want it back its an option.

Or ask if they'll pay out cash for the damage and then just part out the car, they're worth more in parts anyway

so we're all wrong. fml. off to do some reading

Yeah I hadn't read this thread til now and yours was the last comment along those lines so I quoted that one. External wastegates can be plumbed to use the boost pressure to hold them shut. This one had a normal internal didn't it? (Haven't paid huge amounts of attention here).

Having no hose going to the actuator is the same as running 100% Duty cycle to the boost solenoid which will produce maximum boost. If 0% (i.e. open hose straight from pressure to actuator) then the actuator will actuate at its spring pressure e.g. ~7 psi.

• Admin
 dimin']

[quote name='96WRX said:

were any of the windows smashed??

/quote]

Na no windows were broken, but the monsoon shield above the back drivers side door was broken off for some reason.

They smash the monsoon off so they can pull the window out, or stick something down the top. So they knew at least a little bit what they were doing.

Ultrasonics will often trigger when people try this... but often they're at the front on the dash or top of the pillar which is why the mongrels go for the back windows. In a poobaru, consider installing them at the top of the b-pillars...

Did your car have stickers on it saying what the alarm brand was?

If you want some alarm 'forensics' PM me and I'll see if I can tell you how they did it.