Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

O how the mighty fall...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=357751637&permanent=0

my old wrx...speedpig...dead in the water.

Sold this end of last year, in perfect running condition. Just needed tuned. The new buyer, paid cash. Was "supposed" to be getting it tuned that week. Obviously never did, or did and never looked after it or thrashed the pants off it untuned.

Bye bye another good wrx. AND its NOT an STI! Someone should have him on about that.

Na...i sold with single sliders.

Sold the 2 pots and brackets to someone on here. AND its not an STI.

The guy is a munter. But he had cash.

I see it never got a wof the week or so after i sold it to him so either he blew it up then or is just a maggot.

Winds me up. He only needed to tune it and do a parallel and it was capable of some HUGE numbers.

mattapo said:

i asked him for chassis code

i asked him how he knows its a melted third if it was tuned and only on 14psi and a turbo capable of 25psi with a gizmo msibc.

O if anyones looking at it to buy he hasnt listed all the goodies so i can let you in on them and i have receipts for stuff still. only gave him copies of them.

• General Member

either way is about to get schooled :P

facts help

just saying "au this isn't even a sti bro" wont be constructive :D

plus the downside of getting it withdrawn via C-watch means all the answered questions may get lost and no-one will ever know the truuf

I dont care if its sti or not, id still buy it for the price its at now tbh, its cheap for wats been done considering all it needs is new block and heads (or possible using current ones), whack all the turbo gear onto it and your away.

Right. Spoken to a few people. Its been tuned at NZEFI. They went against my advice to the new owner whom I told 'would be a good idea to get some bigger injectors and a parallel fuel setup before going hard on this thing'

All good getting it tuned with a large turbo but if injectors arent up to it you are going to blow a piston, oh wait, he did.

• General Member

doh - awesome (or not so awesome) news

is great having info like that :P

and being able to say I TOLD YOU SO

aint that a mark on their name too now? should they have known that? just curious - I assume they do top notch work etc...

Well, youd think so. On one hand youve got some supposed pros tuning a car...in saying that ive only seen their cars with big numbers and not actually pull any respectable times - this is open to interpretation i spose.

On the other you have a business in the game of tuning cars trying to make money. Do you a; tune it anyway and go if it fails, not my fault or b; say to the guy paying the money no, i wont tune it as it needs this or that according to the baseline runs.

Theres other factors in there but at the end of the day the person paying the cash is relying on the person tuning it knowing what they are doing.

Its a total shame but its only metal and rubber and on the up side my hiace 2.4ltr manual petrol is now faster than the wrx anyway so I win. lol

i don't see how it makes a difference to a tuner what injectors are in it. they'll push it to say 95% injector cycle to their preferred AFR target. if they perhaps tried to get more power by leaning out the afr and pushing to 100% inj then they're muppets, but i doubt they as there would be a rish it'd blow up in their hands, which they certainly wouldn't want.

i'd say this engine was victim to not having had the parallel rail setup done. which would be a shame if the new owner said "should i do these things first?" and they said "nah she'll be right"

Everyone always blames the tuner ::) NZ EFI know what they are doing, Just tune it to 85% duty cycle and at that level a parallel rail isnt a must.

caged said:

Everyone always blames the tuner ::) NZ EFI know what they are doing, Just tune it to 85% duty cycle and at that level a parallel rail isnt a must.

I'd hazard a guess that they tuned it, it didn't make as much power as the guy wanted because of the turbo (forgetting about the injector size) so he's driven it away and wound the boost up a few more pounds cause it was probably only doing ~15psi and he wanted to run 20psi cause the turbo should be able to make that much. Then bang.

/crystal ball gazing