Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rota Wheels are coming!!!

funkytown said:

just so you know, redoing gaurds is hellishly expensive regardles of what option you take...

Tony and i both use a 17*8 and 17*8.5 rims and they clear both the wider Brembos and AP's. mine are in the range of +48 to +40 no issues.

Either the offset will be to high or rims you have to narrow i think. for what you wanting to do - 18*9.5 is a crazy solution IMO. You havent even cosidered what the offset is going to do to your suspension geometry and turning.

I haven't considered the suspension side of things no, but in saying this i am no lewis Hamilton and never will be on the track. I do want the car to look good and perform but ultimatley as long as I am having a laugh and the car looks the way i want it to look, i am prepared to comprimise on some things. i do have a lot of adjustable suspension components though.

The gobstoper runs 19 inch rim x 8 and this seems to do fine, so maybe i will go to the 8.5 jj but will stick to the 18's as i love the rota grid's.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X']

me and my nephew looking to get a set each very soon... didnt realised there was some deals in CS, nice

do you guys do pickup?

Yes we can do pickups, (or free delivery within Auckland, you choose) :)

Rota DTP Sports bronze 5/100 for GC8 with brembo's?

Not after spacers :)

I believe so, yes. They clear Brembo's on the later model Sti's, unsure if this will change on a Gc8? Happy to arrange a trial fit if need be :)

[quote name='ballsrburning said:

how long will the 100 dollar off offer last? bloody engine rebuild i really want these now, interested in the 18X9.5 gold rota grids.

We'll keep it running for a short while :) want to keep a good relationship with CS

- We have on their way a 17x8 +44 Rota Grid :) I trust this will solve all your issues? If not, and you're after something wide but not crazy wide the 18x8.5 Grid will be one of your best bets to still retain a better sized tyre for racing and less guard modification.

Also have some other styles which you will be very interested in, due in 7 weeks. One in particular is the Rota MXR:

img]http://dudesphotography.smugmug.com/Wheels/Rota-MXR-18x95-Royal-Gold/i-jzdTmLb/0/L/mxrGoldpolishedlip-1-of-1-4-L.jpg[/img]

Plenty of different colours coming including gold/polished lip, hyper black/polished lip, matt bronze/anodized bronze lip, flat black/anodized bronze lip.

18x8.5, 18x9.5 in 5x100. Have some more suprizes for you all too.

I can also confidently say that within the same price range almost, if not all of our wheels will be lighter than our competitors when comparing wheels with the same specs e.g. 18x8.5 vs 18x8.5 etc.

Any other questions or enquiries please fire away!

RotaWheelsNZ']

me and my nephew looking to get a set each very soon... didnt realised there was some deals in CS, nice

do you guys do pickup?

I believe so, yes. They clear Brembo's on the later model Sti's, unsure if this will change on a Gc8? Happy to arrange a trial fit if need be :)

[quote name='ballsrburning said:

how long will the 100 dollar off offer last? bloody engine rebuild i really want these now, interested in the 18X9.5 gold rota grids.

/quote]

We'll keep it running for a short while :) want to keep a good relationship with CS

- We have on their way a 17x8 +44 Rota Grid :) I trust this will solve all your issues? If not, and you're after something wide but not crazy wide the 18x8.5 Grid will be one of your best bets to still retain a better sized tyre for racing and less guard modification.

Also have some other styles which you will be very interested in, due in 7 weeks. One in particular is the Rota MXR:

Plenty of different colours coming including gold/polished lip, hyper black/polished lip, matt bronze/anodized bronze lip, flat black/anodized bronze lip.

18x8.5, 18x9.5 in 5x100. Have some more suprizes for you all too.

I can also confidently say that within the same price range almost, if not all of our wheels will be lighter than our competitors when comparing wheels with the same specs e.g. 18x8.5 vs 18x8.5 etc.

Any other questions or enquiries please fire away!

Hi so those 17X8 rota grids will be in around 7 weeks time, that would be cool what finishes are they available in prefer bronze. Quite like the rota mxr too but maybe the 17's are best for racing then, enough people seem to be telling me the same thing, both inside and outside this forum. :-\

i take it, it's ok to test fitment before i buy?

Correct, 7 weeks.

Finishes are:

Bronze (pictured)

White

Yamaha Black

Hyper Black

317807_152033631562501_100002675953221_2

Please note, this colour can change quite a bit depending upon which amount of light it is under. Anyone that has purchased any of our wheels can vouch for the finishes in real life.

Sounds like this is the best option for you, either way we have you covered. The 17x8 Grid will be much lighter than that of the 18x8.5 or 18x9.5 options. Kind regards

Stoffa said:

FYI the gobstopper runs WRC Widebody 22B Guards, They're ALOT wider and the overall diameter of the wheel arches is alot bigger so can fit huge wheels in there

I know I was going to do the same thing, but not with a kit but with a shop custom making the guards. wasn't that expensive either. Which is why I was considering the 9.5 inch but seeing that the gobstopper only runs 8jj made me realise there is a reason for it.

funkytown said:

they may not have quoted it being expensive for you, but i promise you it will end up that way. No probs with you doing it if you really wanted to but go in eyes open.

Your probably right funkytown the clincher for me was seeing that the gobstopper didn't run wide wheels as you and stoffa previously said, combnined with paul my sponsor stating the same thing, I have changed my mind and will buy the 17"s at least now i already have the semi slciks bought for them. Can't wait to get the rota grids though I hpoe they fit without spacers.

Yes this is correct, the 'dished/concaved' spokes come from the 17x9+ and 18x9.5+ Grids.

The 'flatter' spokes of the 17x8 and 18x8.5 provide much greater caliper clearance. Hence having to run a 5mm slip on spacer to clear the brembo's on the later model Sti's with the 9.5 Grids. This is also the same for the 18x9.5 Rota Torques (which we now stock).

It is deceptive as the concave gives the appearance of a larger amount of clearance but as the spokes come towards the centre of the wheel they just clip the corner of the brembo's :(.

The 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 MXR's will not require any spacers to clear the brembo's on later model Sti's.

The 17x8 and 17x9 DPT don't require any spacers.

Any other questions, please fire away :)

RotaWheelsNZ said:

Yes this is correct, the 'dished/concaved' spokes come from the 17x9+ and 18x9.5+ Grids.

The 'flatter' spokes of the 17x8 and 18x8.5 provide much greater caliper clearance. Hence having to run a 5mm slip on spacer to clear the brembo's on the later model Sti's with the 9.5 Grids. This is also the same for the 18x9.5 Rota Torques (which we now stock).

It is deceptive as the concave gives the appearance of a larger amount of clearance but as the spokes come towards the centre of the wheel they just clip the corner of the brembo's :(.

The 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 MXR's will not require any spacers to clear the brembo's on later model Sti's.

The 17x8 and 17x9 DPT don't require any spacers.

Any other questions, please fire away :)

txs for the explanation, it's the concave spokes that I love about them, the straighter spokes are not as appealing. Are the 17 X 8 spokes tottally flat or have a small amount of dish?

txs

ballsrburning']

396967_10150490934584003_561299002_89492

stolen from the legacy photos

I still like them, if the 17 x 8 has the same dish as those I will still be keen. they are 18 x 8.5 i take it?

Yes the 17x8's have the same amount of dish as the 18x8.5 +44 Grids pictured.

what are the weights of the individual wheels?

Might be useful to put that up :)

Will get these up as soon as possible :)

[quote name='ODB said:

im just surprised you havent been taken to court yet for so blatantly stealing the CE28 and CR Kai design LOL

No doubt about it though your wheels look good.

Every single wheel is completely re-designed, blue-printed and put through vigorous tests to ensure strength and durability. I have documents and documents of the produces that Rota go through with every different model produced.

All of our wheels are very light weight and we challenge any wheel within the same price range to beat us on wheel weight or performance :)

Oh I have no doubt that your wheels are completely redesigned and re tested etc.

The re design is due to the fact that rota wheels are cast and volks etc are forged.

But the point remains they are imitations.

Im no wheel snob they look great!

ODB said:

Oh I have no doubt that your wheels are completely redesigned and re tested etc.

The re design is due to the fact that rota wheels are cast and volks etc are forged.

But the point remains they are imitations.

Im no wheel snob they look great!

Yep, you got it. There are also slight changes in the design too from the original. Many as people would see as improvements e.g. our 18x9.5" Grids have MUCH more concave than that of an 18x9.5 Te37 etc.

Thank you, really appreciate it. We're very selective about what we bring in and the sizes that we stock. Not an easy process with months and months of research into each size, offset and finishes but the results are worth it!

We run these wheels on all of our own cars and confidently stand by our product! :)

Would 18 x 8 or 8.5 require tyre being stretched to fit my Blitzen?

Have been told anything above 7.5 would be useless and would require rolling the guards too much and would have to stretch rubber.

• 2 weeks later...

An 18x8.5 is a great fitment on the Blitzen/b4's. We always recommend rolling the guards (just the inner lip) no flaring required. You could quite easily run a 225/40 which is barely stretched at all on an 8.5" rim. We have this size coming in our brand new MXR's. Huge range of colours also :)