• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Rota Wheels are coming!!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LatitudeNZ said:

Hey mate, what would you suggest for a toyota soarer?

i was thinking of a set of 18x10 +15 Grids, but unsure if they will fit with minimal guard work.

There is a thread here with them on with just the rolled guards and stretched tyres.

Also, would you be able to get them in Gunmetal?

Hey mate, sorry at present the closest we have to the Gunmetallic would be our Matte Bronze.

In 18x10 +15 we have the following colours available:

Absolute green

Flat Black

Yamaha Black (gloss black)

Hyper Black

White

Matte Bronze

Cosmic Blue

If you want a very aggressive fitment the 10's would be good but bear in mind in that thread he is running 225/40 tyres up front. I wouldn't recommend running a tyre that stretched, we often do 235/40's on 10's but this tyre size is the minimum required by LVV for a 9.5" rim.

So to answer your question I would recommend going with the 18x9.5 +18 for a very staunch but slightly more manageable fitment which will also be legal with a 235/40 tyre up front and whatever you wish to run on the rear, maybe a 235 or 245/40.

I would roll the guards (the inner lip) to ensure this doesn't cut into your tyre when going in drive-ways etc. The 9.5's are available in the following colours:

Absolute Green/Candy Green Lip

White

Matte Bronze

Absolute Green

Absolute Pink

Cosmic blue

Tint Graphite

Flat Black

Let me know what you think and we can go from there :)

mxrGoldpolishedlip-1-of-1-4-L.jpg

MMMMmmmm Rota MXR's

Due in 18x8.5 +44, 18x9.5 +38: gold/polished lip, matte bronze/sports bronze lip, yamaha black/polished lip, flat black/sports bronze lip, hyper black/polished lip

BOTH Brembo compatible :)

Also in Subaru fitments due on the 9th of March (cleared customs by the 11th)

17x8 +44 Rota Grids: bronze, white, yamaha black (gloss black), hyper black

18x8.5 +44 Rota Grids: tint graphite, yamaha black, white, bronze, flat black

Currently in stock in 5x100

17x8 +44, 17x9 +35 Rota DPT's

18x8.5 +44 Rota Grid - Yamaha black

18x9.5 +38 Rota Grid - Flat black, matt bronze, gold, tint graphite

18x9.5 +35 Rota Torque - Yamaha black, white, sports bronze, hyper black

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask :)

SWAGGN said:

hey james,

im interested in some Rota Torques but want them in 18x8 are you able to get a set in as the 18x9's dont fit under the guards on my legacy!!

Hey mate, we can get these in. Wouldn't be for another 8-10 weeks though as all of our wheels are made to order :(

Have 17x8's in the DPT's? Or have 18x8.5 +44's in the Gforces and Grids :) Huge range of colours!

LatitudeNZ said:

Hey mate. is there anywhere in palmy that could do test fits etc with your wheels?

I dont really want to jump the gun and purchase a set without checking fitment and seeing how it sits etc.

Cheers.

Hey mate, we don't have any stockists down those ways at present sorry. Which wheels were you interested in and what car were they to fit? I can provide you with a multitude of pics and some assistance with my offset imprinted brain :D

For a toyota soarer.

Was tossing up what offset to go, as this will be my DD and dont want anything to detrimental to ride quality/outrageous fitment that cant take a bump or two. I am planning on Rolling my guards. not pulling however.

I was thinking of 18x10 +15 but as you said, tyre stretch would be asking too much so thats out of the question.

So its either 18x9.5 +18 as you suggested.

Or some 18x9.5 +30 for more driveability.

6723023177_9bd159bbd2.jpg

Its for this car. Any colour suggestions? i was thinking gunmetal.

Car is aibt lighter then the photo, seems somewhat richer in colour i guess....

The 18x9.5 +18 will be a good fitment for your Soarer. Pair them up with some 235/40's or 245/40's (both legal) and possibly a mild guard roll (just the inner lip) and you'll be away laughing :)

I think it would be good for the car to have a slightly aggressive look, a flat black or matte bronze would suit that colourscheme to a tee. (Just my personal opinion but completely up to you)

Just the other day we sold a set of 18x12 +17 ALL ROUND to a Soarer, he fitted them up with 275's and flared the guards but surprisingly they work! Wouldn't recommend it if you want to keep your guards in any decent condition though!

RotaWheelsNZ']

[quote name='SWAGGN said:

hey james,

im interested in some Rota Torques but want them in 18x8 are you able to get a set in as the 18x9's dont fit under the guards on my legacy!!

/quote]

Hey mate, we can get these in. Wouldn't be for another 8-10 weeks though as all of our wheels are made to order :(

Have 17x8's in the DPT's? Or have 18x8.5 +44's in the Gforces and Grids :) Huge range of colours!

I can wait to get them ae :) I love the style of the torque and they suit my B4

ODB said:

the day in the life of a high flying business owner!!!

Haha it's not all fun and games but you guys should all benefit from a few things we have decided on over here ;)

Many new things on their way for Subaru's and some crazy concepts have been thrown around..

Re the Torques, glad you like them :) we're doing our best to cater to your market asap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...