• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Power estimates

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this erroneous dyno reading torque issue hasn't been mentioned in months, and now all of a sudden everyone thinks they have an 18 wheeler diesel truck engine

i guess it's like how chicks that live together all get their period at the same time

sultan said:

this erroneous dyno reading torque issue hasn't been mentioned in months, and now all of a sudden everyone thinks they have an 18 wheeler diesel truck engine

i guess it's like how chicks that live together all get their period at the same time

HAHAHAHAHA

Slidesector said:

The TT engine produced no where near 199kw at the wheels it was more like 120 if that.

is this the estimate for a stock tt engine?

yea close enough tho..

have see 2 stock TT run aand they made between 130-140kw at wheels

PS. the power outa vf22 - that was wheen kw right?

cos if 280 engine kw - i wud think the vf22 could do that on a 4wd suby..

after estimating power loss via drive wud get 210-220 so in vf22 teritory...

which many a vf22 has produced

pappu']

[quote name='Slidesector said:

The TT engine produced no where near 199kw at the wheels it was more like 120 if that.

/quote]

is this the estimate for a stock tt engine?

yea close enough tho..

have see 2 stock TT run aand they made between 130-140kw at wheels

PS. the power outa vf22 - that was wheen kw right?

cos if 280 engine kw - i wud think the vf22 could do that on a 4wd suby..

after estimating power loss via drive wud get 210-220 so in vf22 teritory...

which many a vf22 has produced

Yeah the TT engines arent high up there on the high performing list if you ask me and I do own one.

Yeah I'm hoping to get as much out of it as phisically possable. considering that it has 14PSI and 199KW on a crap engine now-

The extractors are fully tuned (no rumble at all!!), the vf22 has the sickest fabricated exhast, I need to take pictures to explain, prettymuch all directly straight with barely any turns and 3" directly off the turbo, No restrictions from any AFM and a M&H direct urbo intake (not actually fitted at present). so if my TT engine would run about 220KW at 20PSI I should think the V7 STI would do a bit more at least as it will have VCT bigger injectors and fuel pump + all the extra goodies a STI comes with

Skinon! said:

I gotta brand new garett gt30/40r with a .82 exhaust housing... should easily net you the numbers your after? ;D

i run the same turbo but with 0.63 exhaust housing and definately laggy on ej20 but goes alright 255kwatw on 19psi rolling road dyno so 280odd could be very achievable with few more bolt on mods/meth/headwork/few more psi. pm me and i can send through dyno graph if you wanna see and will hopefully see 300kw odd early august

sultan said:

That's exactly what i'm trying to say, surely the numbers are wrong and if not then they are unconverted somehow?

GC8E2DD said:

Is that a stock V10? Because that sounds about right for a standard car (possibly even a bit high).

true that

stock v7 sti - 170-175kw@w

stock v10 should be in the same ball park so 183 seems abt right if not on the high a tad side

pappu']

[quote name='sultan said:

/quote]

hahahah .. and how u know ? last i checked u were a guy hahahaha

i was wondering where the surveilance camera in my shower came from !!

Solja']

[quote name='Skinon! said:

I gotta brand new garett gt30/40r with a .82 exhaust housing... should easily net you the numbers your after? ;D

/quote]

i run the same turbo but with 0.63 exhaust housing and definately laggy on ej20 but goes alright 255kwatw on 19psi rolling road dyno so 280odd could be very achievable with few more bolt on mods/meth/headwork/few more psi. pm me and i can send through dyno graph if you wanna see and will hopefully see 300kw odd early august

Definately keen to get the dyno figures back and then go on with the nessesary turbo upgrade accordingly. Very interrested to see the figures.

Funny that 183KW on a v10 sounds high when at dynopower a v7 Stock with a tune procedded to get over 210KW at 16.9PSI hmmmmm good tuner?

sultan']

/quote]

snap!!! damm thats gotta be gay hard out haha

hmm unless u got 20 more chicks taking showers there then i can bear to skip and ff thru ur one hahah

on a more serious note - the v7 stock 16psi will be very very difficult to get to 211kw@w that u mentioned - im thinking a higher reading dyno broski...

maybe if not using pump gas then with other hi level stuff.. perhaps..

but on pump gas its most likely a higher reading dyno

stock v7 sti runs 170-175kw@w

getting 35kw@w gain on stock setup with less boost is fairly unheard of im afraid...

i use Torque Performance dyno as a benchmark lol

was it sone on a rolling road dyno?

pappu']

/quote]

snap!!! damm thats gotta be gay hard out haha

hmm unless u got 20 more chicks taking showers there then i can bear to skip and ff thru ur one hahah

on a more serious note - the v7 stock 16psi will be very very difficult to get to 211kw@w that u mentioned - im thinking a higher reading dyno broski...

maybe if not using pump gas then with other hi level stuff.. perhaps..

but on pump gas its most likely a higher reading dyno

stock v7 sti runs 170-175kw@w

getting 35kw@w gain on stock setup with less boost is fairly unheard of im afraid...

i use Torque Performance dyno as a benchmark lol

was it sone on a rolling road dyno?

Yeah I get tuned on a torque performance dyno aswell and I beleive that they tune on a rolling road so maybe that explains it, which is pretty shit when comparing fiqures as they all get cocky and think they have more power. god dam dyno's

Slidesector said:

Funny that 183KW on a v10 sounds high when at dynopower a v7 Stock with a tune procedded to get over 210KW at 16.9PSI hmmmmm good tuner?

I imagine most people take 'stock' to mean 'as it rolled off the factory floor'. What does the V10 make with a reflash on the same dyno?

clintondane']

/quote]

That's exactly what i'm trying to say, surely the numbers are wrong and if not then they are unconverted somehow?

Clintondane, did you read the link I posted earlier? Those enormous numbers are uncorrected. So yes you are right.

1W9R9X6 said:

did you just pull the !!!! " its the CFM" i would love to go into the consumption of atmospheric pressure because your wrong!.. frigging three full stops after that look<<<<

CFM on a , say gt35-40 is different to the CFM on a vf-10 for example.