Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Power estimates

you got a fmic?

On standard heads, V7 sti short block, vf22, link G4, 20psi peak dropping to 17psi, intake, exhaust, fmic, walbro, yellows. i made 222kw

If you wire in a relay for the fuel pump (standard one doesn't supply enough to get walbro running at full noise)

With your bigger injectors, extractors and better heads id say 230-240kw depending how hard you want to push the internals

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I relize that you cant just slap a boost tap on and run 20psi this is why I have supporting mods! Such as a fuel pump, injectors, FMIC, Link g4, manfold etc etc etc.

So dyno on my twin turbo engine with this at 7psi was 156KW 370NM with no exhast.

Dyno with twin turbo engine at 14.4psi was 194.6KW 690NM with no exhast.

After I fitted exhast it got 199KW

The dynotuners stated they would not want to push this completely stock engine to much more as they will run into fuel issues (completely stock fuel pump and injectors) not to mention it has completely no work done to it.

So i've picked up a complete v7 engine and purchased a 500hp fuel pump, bigger radiator and it has purple injectors.

The V7 engine comes with more power than a twin turbo legacy engine correct.

So if my twin turbo engine was running 20 psi I beleive it would have about 220KW

Slidesector said:

snip...

a friend got his v7 sti dyno tuned to 211kw 380nm and that was COMPLETELY stockrunning 16psi.

end snip

where was this done?

and yea i have personally seen at least 2 cars with v7 sti short blocks with bigger turbos run 260-270kw@w

one of them is running 270kw@w for over an year now

so for power wise the shortblock seems to have the balls to do it

wud doubt the vf22 will get there

perhaps 240max...

or on a high reading dyno who knows lool

seriously tho.. u have some good mods planned.. get the setup off gotasuby and it should get u close to ur target as opposed to the vf22

what area are u from mate?

how much do purplr injectors flow?

decapped pinks from v7st flow abt 880cc around.....

that should surely get 280kw mark for sure!

Was tuned at DYNOPOWER in Tauranga about 3 weeks ago.

What is gotasubys setup?? So for an upgrade it seems the best thing to do its step into a monster turbo??

I'm from Hamilton. Yeah so the engine is currently getting cambelt and waterpump tentioners etc done on it then be in for two weeks getting the rest of work completed. dont know wether to get launch control set up or not

How much are you after for that?

Im going to get my tune done and see what my figures come back like and look at the situation from there.

My twin turbo engine was peaking at 4500 and holding to 7500 so wanting to bring that a bit lower if possable and I know garrett turbos are well known for spooling up a storm

Yep, its the 3040 too, so will spool up faster than a 3540 but is still capable of 600hp. Have got a project engine im abandoning unfortunately, was a fully built rb21det, but sold the skyline, needed a car for work...

Anyway lookin around $1800, also got brand new tial 44mm wastegate, and tial BOV... can chuck some pics up if ya want

oh yea comes with a HKS t4-t3 flange adaptor too

Just had a quick look on tardeme, http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/turbos/auction-392822460.htm

Its the same as this but still in the box and a .82 exhaust housing, funny thing is the wastegate and bov are exactly the same as his ones haha, but my wastegate is the blue coloured one, and still in the box with vband adaptors etc..

not saying its an average turbo but that thing will be a lag monster on an ej20. ... GL with sale.

to the OP

Slidesector said:

My twin turbo engine was peaking at 4500 and holding to 7500 so wanting to bring that a bit lower if possable and I know garrett turbos are well known for spooling up a storm

increasing low down torque / spool on a larger turbo is counterintuitive... ::)

Na rb20dets are horrible at spooling big turbos, cant quite remember because it was ages ago i did all this research, but something about the actual 'pulses' of exhaust gas that come from a rb20det are actually quite small so they dont have the same 'oomph' as a 4 cyl, pulse.

Thats why you put a GT3540 on a 4g63t and they spool good and make awesome power, you put one on a rb20det and good luck getting full boost before 5500rpm.

I also had adjusty cam gears, cams, hardened valve springs, ported head, SSi (HKS) split pulse manifold and all supporting mods to try get it to spool early. I used to work predominantly on GTR's and Rotors, although we would get a few subys in i didnt really concentrate too much on them. But now i have one haha im slowly learning some things

EJ20's are nothing like 4G63's for spooling large turbos. Its not the number of cylinders that matter either. Its the capacity, bore/stroke ratio, rod/stroke ratio, length of exhaust manifold piping etc etc that matter alot more.

For example, 4G63's are under square for higher piston accelerations for the same rpm (helps spool ;) ) but also have a decent rod/stroke ratio which among other things helps with the VE higher in the rev's. Also to match a Subaru exhaust manifold on an EVO, you'd have to mount the turbo down by the rear diff ;D

Interestingly, Honda B18C's also are quite under square (i.e. stroke longer than bore diameter), but they obviously rev pretty well too.

I reckon my vans making like 70hp...it boosts pretty hard when I stand on it trying to get to it 100km/h...the boost is the noise i make grunting to push the peddle as hard as i can.

Itd dyno up pretty mint though i reckon full boost is like 2400 rpm and max torque at 1500rpm. Pretty sweet considering idle is 900rpm. My single carb makes all the difference.

Yea i hear ya, i wasn't comparing a ej to a 4g, just meaning how it doesn't really matter that a rb20 is a six cylinder. Yea 2j's are really square or something right? Thats why they can spool a T51R piece of piss.

Haha that's classic about the evo manifolds...

Thats why i got a 3040/3076 instead of a 35. Just actually sold it today apparently so pretty stoked (sort of) :-\

Koom said:

You will be struggling to make 280kw at just 20psi on a EJ20 for a start. Unless you're planning on sustaining it to +9000rpm? Or doing some magic headwork?

I'd make an uninformed guess of somewhere around 230-240kw atw.

More like 210-215 max with supporting mods realistically as max base line no? And for other things that i have eyed on this thread. bigger is not better, yes the vf22 is the biggest via its p20 housing but forget about it on a stroked engine or if you wanting to run anywhere near 20psi. 20psi is IMO is maxing them out and as a daily driver i just dont see the point without modding them. My 2 cents Hmm better make it 5 cents

BF5GT90 said:

key word = CFM

did you just pull the !!!! " its the CFM" i would love to go into the consumption of atmospheric pressure because your wrong!.. frigging three full stops after that look<<<<

1W9R9X6']

[quote name='BF5GT90 said:

key word = CFM

/quote]

did you just pull the !!!! " its the CFM" i would love to go into the consumption of atmospheric pressure because your wrong!.. frigging three full stops after that look<<<<

I only see two.....

Ok, i'm no mechanic or gearhead but I still can't wrap my head around the authors claimed 700nm of torque. That figure seems stupidly high and I can't imagine it's close to right ??? That's more than double the amount of torque it made originally as a TT and all while only gaining a very small kw increase. Doesn't add up or am I way off base?