Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BIG ISSUES WITH RAGE"S DOWN PIPE FOR V7 PLS HELP ON MODIFY INFO TO CLEAR KNUCKLE

• Admin

My Rage 3" V7 Downpipe fitted completely fine EXCEPT the midpipe flange had to be rotated about 45 degrees... not extended 100mm.

Sounds like the DP you have is for a completely different shape, or your car is somehow really, really bent.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boon said:

My Rage 3" V7 Downpipe fitted completely fine EXCEPT the midpipe flange had to be rotated about 45 degrees... not extended 100mm.

Sounds like the DP you have is for a completely different shape, or your car is somehow really, really bent.

Was that a factory mid pipe or rage unit

To me, with my experience of doing my twisted setup...

in the picture of you comparing the two downpipes, it looks as if the angles are all wrong. Once you mount the rear of the down pipe to the exhaust it looks like itll pitch was out. Certainly the dent wont be any good for flow so Id be sticking the factory one back on it or custom making it from scratch.

Have you checked the steering rods etc are actually correct?

boon said:

That was my experience as well. I'm pretty sure it was a Rage one, but I'm not 100% sure. It was pretty much the right length (save for 10-20mm), just the flange was at the wrong angle, so had to be cut and re-welded.

boon said:

was this a 3089 or a 3056 as one is for these systems and the other was to suit standard but the don't make it anymore

I've got a mate who bought a rage 3inch one for his v7 sti 12 months ago, bolted up fine and easily cleared steering, just had to modify the end of the exhaust system to match up (originally 2 1/2 inch) dont go for the drama of a custom one, just get the correct one to start with, and fine a better garage to go to

BB3089 bolts straight on, if you bought it brand new, theres a high possibility it may have just had the wrong sticker on it, mistakes do happen, p.s stay away from the cheap stainless ones they're a horrible fit

• Admin
 milanesi']

[quote name='boon said:

/quote]

was this a 3089 or a 3056 as one is for these systems and the other was to suit standard but the don't make it anymore

3089. Mid-pipe was a Zerosports, but that bolted straight up to the factory DP hence fitment = identical. Like I said, only change was rotating the flange. Wrapped and all, no clearance issues at all.

strange well if any of yas are in aucks maybe we can meet up and compare ... and too late they already started custom one for 400 made out of mild... i just want my car back

milanesi said:

strange well if any of yas are in aucks maybe we can meet up and compare ... and too late they already started custom one for 400 made out of mild... i just want my car back

Right there ^^^ you just got ripped. & I said it ??? should have paid extra for S/S one made up.

"my" full 3" turbo back 'rage' siamese down pipe,+ 3" mandrel bent bare intermediate pipe & bare axel pipe was $370 all up & that was trade ;) i then made it up from there.

I will be asking them to make me a bare intermediate & axel pipe from stainless next as mild just get's thin & tinny & doesnt last

You two are coming at it from the point of view of someone who has the tools and ability to at least tack together a reasonable downpipe setup. If you took into account your labour hours for doing that, plus parts, $400 probably isn't too bad a price in terms of dropping the car off and then picking it up with everything sorted without getting your own hands dirty at all.

NOT HAPPY with the f pipe they made oh well have my car back cbf might have to get this one modfied a bit better does anyone no anyone good in auckland ill put some pics up the waste pipe is really really short : /

I am guessing you mean the pipe for the wastegate SOOOOO i also guess you mean it is a Siamese type down pipe, then if this is the case the length of that pipe wont make much if any difference,most people run a Bell mouth type anyway

DRFVDR said:

I am guessing you mean the pipe for the wastegate SOOOOO i also guess you mean it is a Siamese type down pipe, then if this is the case the length of that pipe wont make much if any difference,most people run a Bell mouth type anyway

yes i mean that pipe be lucky if its 2.5 inches long before joining and cause it so short when the turbo starts spoiling its making a horrible sound now like the flow is hittin the pipe or something ... its horrible sounds like the car is farting every now and then if you stand near the rear muffle on idle r?this is only an example od what i can hear also since they have installed my f pipe my digital outside tem gauge on the left hand side of the dash is now not showing anything

Sucks

O well. As long as your car is running now. The redline performance one for the v7 fits well at turbo end but is about 2 inches longer and flange is off at a different angle. Just cut twisted and welded factory mid pipe. All that trouble though.

Well it's in the history books for future reference that autobend/rage do not make direct bolt on fitments for this model :P

BF5GT90']

[quote name='pappu said:

do u still want a proper 3 inch bolt on replacement unit?

/quote]

bro i did tell him to PM you, ??? ???

yea did bro

hahah unlucky u not here or wud hacve sorted his issues like we did for them other v7's lol

did u end up getting the big bore muffler in the end for ur GT

pappu']

[quote name='pappu said:

do u still want a proper 3 inch bolt on replacement unit?

/quote]

bro i did tell him to PM you, ??? ???

yea did bro

hahah unlucky u not here or wud hacve sorted his issues like we did for them other v7's lol

did u end up getting the big bore muffler in the end for ur GT

got it bro, funnily enough its a RAGE one. just need to get it welded on.