Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

spark plug gap size

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup im currently looking for a v3 stock blow off vlave.

as for a compression test i donthtink i need to.

the water that came up is water that leak on to the manifold from when i toped the water up..

but the car is being returned tomro for futher testing and to get the icu looked at and cleaned.

mate im not doubting you.but if you know all this stuff why not offer your help and come and hava look yourself.wrxonp was adding his 2 senc and offering a helping hand .

nah i mean the vented blow off valve and pod filter inside engine bay sucking in hot air.

lol i offered for people to come have a look,but no1 has .so what chance do i have.lol

LOL i said i would come have a look..but you said nah cos u took it to highbrooke

thats a rediculous price for plugs.. joe blog can walk into repco and get them cheaper than that

im still picking u have a sad o2 sensor...those are the exact issues a o2 sensor brings

Hell if you need a retune for a any mod then why did my WRX pull 230 kw on 20psi with stock ecu and a wastegate and exhaust and fully aftermarket intake? 11.5 AFR and no knock??

WRXONP said:

LOL i said i would come have a look..but you said nah cos u took it to highbrooke

thats a rediculous price for plugs.. joe blog can walk into repco and get them cheaper than that

im still picking u have a sad o2 sensor...those are the exact issues a o2 sensor brings

Hell if you need a retune for a any mod then why did my WRX pull 230 kw on 20psi with stock ecu and a wastegate and exhaust and fully aftermarket intake? 11.5 AFR and no knock??

And how many times have you killed a subaru motor doing this?

As you said .Race them an they go bang!!...Why exactly??

soopersubaru']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

/quote]

And how many times have you killed a subaru motor doing this?

As you said .Race them an they go bang!!...Why exactly??

didnt even blow a motor mate.. like i said no knock and 11.5 AFR.. the only thing that will let go is big end from loss of oil pressure...

BUT WHO CARES this topic isnt about me or you .. its about his car... i remember u saiying somehthing

oh yeeeeee

pull ya head in

This makes my head hurt a little

Car was fine

Intake got pulled to bits

Car runs bad

Have you tried borrowing an AFM?

Easy simple intake leak test - if you can borrow a compressor, block the front of the AFM (a baked beans can is 3" just quietly), pressurise intake (use a vacuum hose from before the throttle), listen for a leak. Hell even a bike pump will do it in a pinch. If you hear hissing, you have found a leak. Saved me hours on countless cars, the most simple diagnosis you can do short of checking things are plugged in properly.

Changing plugs won't make idle go bad. Plugs either spark or they don't, sometimes you'll get a nice in-between where they'll blow out under boost. By the sounds of it you had that, you fixed it with new ones.

Closing plug gaps is a great bandaid fix for spark being blown out under high boost, or if coils are getting crook (less distance for spark to jump, more chance of spark occuring). Don't go less than 0.6mm and 1.1 is a pretty big gap for anything turbo. Platinum plugs are the same kind of crock as "premium" hdmi cables, you'll make no more power than before, you just save yourself some time. Personally I prefer $3 a pop for copper plugs to $30 for iridiums, but my labour is free I guess.

The fact your old/new plugs have gone black & sooty points again towards something intake related - or has been said an 02 sensor also.

If curious about the BOV, just block off the hose it's mounted to completely - worst case do it the bogan way and jam a D cell battery in there hahaha just to check if the problem lies in that area

lol iv tested bov,no intake leaks and iv tested afm

new plugs leads and coil are still all sweet.

idel is sometimes sweet.but if i gear down in traffic quickly idel startes to go up and down.

it doesnt miss and runs mint with the new plugs,

sti8u said:

lol iv tested bov,no intake leaks and iv tested afm

new plugs leads and coil are still all sweet.

idel is sometimes sweet.but if i gear down in traffic quickly idel startes to go up and down.

it doesnt miss and runs mint with the new plugs,

thats pointing me even further towards o2 sensor lol

if it idles lumpy and u leave it for a while and it comes right thats the ecu generating a o2 signal..

if it sometimes idles fine and sometimes lumpy thats the o2 signal..

you changed o2 sensor in it since u had it?

when mine had no o2 it did basically what yours is doing there.. rev it and let the revs come down and they would drop to a near stall.. then hunt as it trys to find a o2 signal

mine did the exact same thing with no o2 sensor as it did with a damaged o2 sensor

nope.but i unpluged it took it for a spin and same thing still happend.

it has to be some sort of leak undeneeth the inlet manifold with all those plumb back hoses or something that isnt visable.

lol u unplug the o2 and u have the same problem

well there u go

if u didnt figure it out ur self.... the o2 is obviously the problem if u unplug it and it makes no difference

for instance

car is missfiring.. u unplug the injector on #3 and idle gets worse so plug it back in...unplug injector number 2 and idle stays the same its cylinder #2 missing

same scenario with ya o2..if it runs exactly the same without it it means the ecu is trying to generate a signal as the o2 is obviously bung

WRXONP said:

lol u unplug the o2 and u have the same problem

well there u go

if u didnt figure it out ur self.... the o2 is obviously the problem if u unplug it and it makes no difference

for instance

car is missfiring.. u unplug the injector on #3 and idle gets worse so plug it back in...unplug injector number 2 and idle stays the same its cylinder #2 missing

same scenario with ya o2..if it runs exactly the same without it it means the ecu is trying to generate a signal as the o2 is obviously bung

lol 2nd that

thought it would make more sense if i gave another scenario with it . .

and don't just remove ya o2 and look at it and say ah she looks mint . and don't try cleaning it with brake clean or maf cleaner cos your wasting ya time .

o2 sensors need to react quick . and by that i mean Fuckin quick . you can test them with a multi meter but in your case Alex your better off to replace it

trying use the search for instruction on how to test my 02 sensor,,but cant find much?

my dad used to be a sparky so im sure he'l knw what to do if i give him instruction's haha

Didn't u already pay highbrook automotive to sort this out

Why stress man - u paid a premium amoun to get it fixed so let them sort it rather than u tutu in the middle

And I really hope that they not just keep throwing parts at it till somethin works - they Wud be better than that surely

Anyway u have told them the issue and either they take ur money and sort it or rwfund it and admit defeat ar which point u can try other methods of sorting

Lol I'm sure or I hope anyway that they can sort it second time around

Things like checking u2 and all is basic troubleshooting stuff and surely they must have done that as part of their attempted diagnosis....... Hmmmm

sti8u said:

yup idel is now fixed,

but code 13 has come up whcih is cam angle sensor.

dam subaru's

well at least it idles ok now A! ;) Easy troubleshoot that one to any bod that knows the subaru.

Will have a look around my bits n pieces.Think i might have cam sensor lying around for your car somewhere.

Did hi brook give you your plugs back?

Don't give up on that car mate..its a beauty..Closed decker too!