Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Cigarette anyone ?

ItsTheRS

I didnt know that '555' actually came from a cigarette brand :o

State Express 555 sponsored the subaru rally team and in return slapped thier stickers all over subbie rally cars from 1993 all the way to 2003. Just a bit of history for those that didnt know.

I used to smoke and havnt had one for about a year now ;D but i probably wouldnt hesitate to try one of these haha

img_2048.gif?id=2048

C'mooooooon, history D:

The mixture of full 555, sanitised branding and straight-out Subaru branding as seen on McRae's Legacy from time to time was a nightmare for consistency in doing a project based on the WRC. Hell, finding great photos before the advent of high-end DSLRs is challenging.

Probably giving the game away, but betting lots of you don't know there's an STi museum in Mitaka, Tokyo as well.

newsuba']

And sanitised for rallies in countries with anti-smoking legislation

705px-colin_mcraes_subaru_impreza_555.jp

Wow! ive seen that before but now i know what it means :)

[quote name='madmike said:

I have a packet of 555 blue's sitting about six feet away...

Is it full ?? Where did you buy from ? How old is the pack ?? and finally.... will you sell them !!! :D :D

BTW. Shale, isnt that where Colin's Legacy is located right now ?

Oh, Joker, is that where the subbie 22b got its name from ?? damn, never knew history could be this exciting hahaha

Eight dollar said:

The truth is 22B is hexadecimal (number base 16, used in the coding of computer programmes where the letter A to F are used for the numbers 10 to 15) for 555.

To prove this, take a calculator and add the following into the memory…

2x16x16 = 512

2x16 = 32

B = 11

Total = 555

Isn't that pure coincidence though?

Divine']

[quote name='Eight dollar said:

The truth is 22B is hexadecimal (number base 16, used in the coding of computer programmes where the letter A to F are used for the numbers 10 to 15) for 555.

To prove this, take a calculator and add the following into the memory…

2x16x16 = 512

2x16 = 32

B = 11

Total = 555

/quote]

Isn't that pure coincidence though?

i dont know i copy n pasted it from a site all about the 22b, :D

ClubSub Mum']

[quote name='ItsTheRS said:

lol im going to go around town tomorrow and see if i can find any. but if not will 1 of you 2 kindly buy me a pack and ill send some $$$ :)

/quote]

$555 lol :D

lol just saw your post, REALLY ?!?! how much per pack and do they do rollies aswell ??

aim said:

I don't smoke, but I'm guessing everyone knows about the rothmans RS?

rothmans.jpg

I'm guessing it's more likely the 22b was named after its engine capacity and ssuspension package. :P

Dat Rothman's RS. There are far better pictures of that than there are McRae's WRC car around. FOND memories of repainting that in Photoshop...not.

Wanna post more about what's under the hood? You know you want to. Do it. ;D