Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Interesting night with the police

Slidesector

Had an awesome Friday night,

It consisted of a being pulled over (doing 50kms). Then being told the car is stupidly low (police opinion). After poping the bonnet and measuring the cert (on uneven ground like a tipical %^$&), I was told the hight is in but you are getting a green sticker anyway.

Whaatatatt!?! Why?!?!... Oh becasue you have a wastegate. Mate it's capped and wont open. This was followed by a I don't care. I thought police would have a bit more courtesy than this??? Then after being issued with a green sticker and a fine i was confined to a 50km top speed and ordered home... Great..

Now heres the funny bit-

My Ticket says "operating a vechile with no certification" - It's fully certified

The Green Sticker notice says "internally vented waistgate" - This is fully legal.

The police officer didn't give me my licence back and now I have to drop into the station to pick it up in my own time!!

I am writing a letter to get the charges dropped, and in this instance it will almost certainly end in a court hearing. I refuse to be wrongfully walked over by the New Zealand Police. Let along having to get ANOTHER VTNZ WOF!!! ( Now $100 )!!

• General Member

they can and will issue a greenie issue if they are not sure on something : up to you to get it checked and prove them wrong

anyone can change stuff after a WOF/cert and thats what they operate on : they are not testers and he had no way to know your external is not operational etc

suck it up, get the greenie off, should not be hard if you say there are no physical problems etc.

fine you can claim back but not the involved costs of re-check etc.

JoKer said:

they can and will issue a greenie issue if they are not sure on something : up to you to get it checked and prove them wrong

anyone can change stuff after a WOF/cert and thats what they operate on : they are not testers and he had no way to know your external is not operational etc

suck it up, get the greenie off, should not be hard if you say there are no physical problems etc.

fine you can claim back but not the involved costs of re-check etc.

No Complience on the fine so I am unable to claim back the fine if remedied as such. They cant go around issueing me with wrongfully ordered tickets and fines every week. I shouldnt have to worry after going through the hassle of certifiing to make sure I didnt have these issues in the first place

JoKer said:

after thought : remove and sell waste-gate for less issues/recoup costs?

and welcome to the boyracer scene : enjoy your stay :P

Hahahaha need to have a waistegate. Thanks for the welcome..

Next time im going to ask for him for dinner... I like to get taken out before I get Fucked..

if they pull you up every week you can claim harassment if its the same cop e.g get badge number off fines and send them in as a friend got of four tickets as they were all from the same cop within a month.

All for little as stuff but he was out on a Friday night

• General Member

write the letter : you should get off

if not its another WOF at your cost (again suck it up)

is the wastie on the cert? if not I would look at getting it added

then write another letter

cops will get to know you and I doubt this will happen again

Slidesector said:

Had an awesome Friday night,

It consisted of a being pulled over (doing 50kms). Then being told the car is stupidly low (police opinion). After poping the bonnet and measuring the cert (on uneven ground like a tipical %^$&), I was told the hight is in but you are getting a green sticker anyway.

Whaatatatt!?! Why?!?!... Oh becasue you have a wastegate. Mate it's capped and wont open. This was followed by a I don't care. I thought police would have a bit more courtesy than this??? Then after being issued with a green sticker and a fine i was confined to a 50km top speed and ordered home... Great..

Now heres the funny bit-

My Ticket says "operating a vechile with no certification" - It's fully certified

The Green Sticker notice says "internally vented waistgate" - This is fully legal.

The police officer didn't give me my licence back and now I have to drop into the station to pick it up in my own time!!

I am writing a letter to get the charges dropped, and in this instance it will almost certainly end in a court hearing. I refuse to be wrongfully walked over by the New Zealand Police. Let along having to get ANOTHER VTNZ WOF!!! ( Now $100 )!!

I'm all for the cops pulling over mongos and stopping robberies and drug dealers and baby snatchers etc etc but in this case I'm on your side Slide...stick it up the nob! Teach him to pick on someone who's actually doing something wrong.

QRAF said:

if they pull you up every week you can claim harassment if its the same cop e.g get badge number off fines and send them in as a friend got of four tickets as they were all from the same cop within a month.

All for little as stuff but he was out on a Friday night

I am writing a letter now explaining what happened and that the car is legit, to see what happens, but most of the time they decline your claim and you go to court, half the court cases get thrown out and half don't so we will see how they hold up in court. I will defend my position all the way, if no one defends them self it means they can continue to do this and get away with it

Slidesector']

[quote name='funkytown said:

pics and more explanation how your wastegate is capped and wont open...

/quote]

Capped waistegate = Legal.

Just don't boost or youll riun everything hahahaha

i just wanted to see an ACTUAL picture than take your word for it. I'm guessing it looks like its vented at a glance, which is what Mr Plod saw.

funkytown']

[quote name='funkytown said:

pics and more explanation how your wastegate is capped and wont open...

/quote]

Capped waistegate = Legal.

Just don't boost or youll riun everything hahahaha

i just wanted to see an ACTUAL picture than take your word for it. I'm guessing it looks like its vented at a glance, which is what Mr Plod saw.

You can't even see it, he saw a little blue 38mm and thought wow whats that ...hymmm must be wrong. you can't see the pipe at all, I am in the stage of getting it plummed straight pipe to the rear

• General Member

no matter what a cop CAN greenie a car the day after a cert has been issued : that's a fact

having a cert doesn't mean things have not been altered after driving away (now way am I implying this is the case but it does happen etc.)

so get ready for a new wof at the minimum and have the ammo ready for the next time (if any) you get pulled up for a random check etc.

JoKer said:

no matter what a cop CAN greenie a car the day after a cert has been issued : that's a fact

having a cert doesn't mean things have not been altered after driving away (now way am I implying this is the case but it does happen etc.)

so get ready for a new wof at the minimum and have the ammo ready for the next time (if any) you get pulled up for a random check etc.

+1 to everything

cop might just of been having a bad day.

• Admin

Is your wastegate on the cert? If not, you're fucked.

Wastegate substitution MUST be certified.

Also turbo substitution should always be certed, so all those people driving around with VF22's on cars that didn't have them technically don't have a valid WoF nor valid insurance. Crazy huh...

Tbh slidey your car is fucking low and loud..... Expect to get hammered by the cops! When you came round to pick up that strut brace i could hear you from ages away, and then all the way up the road to where you turned round and came back.... And you seem to rev alot (i ralise sometimes this is needed if your car has a hard clutch etc)

The cops in hams wiLl know your car, they know mine and i'm not out cruising on the weekends etc, i only drive it on long trips out of hams and yet they know my plates. And ive only been pulled up once in the city!

Think you need to make sure all your ducks in a row and have all the documentation you can in your car to prove its legit, if you know more than the cop and can prove it he may just give up and not give out the ticket.

Just my opinion

boon said:

Is your wastegate on the cert? If not, you're f***ed.

Wastegate substitution MUST be certified.

Also turbo substitution should always be certed, so all those people driving around with VF22's on cars that didn't have them technically don't have a valid WoF nor valid insurance. Crazy huh...

Cert states ENGINE -MOD

Does not round off work done, and this is certed at current state by very well known certifier.

I dont see how a waistgate/turbo will need certification? if affects nothing and a standard turbo car has a waistgate, just smaller. where on the certy should this be printed???

nztintin- Yeah I do realize it's loud and it also has a maggot solid clutch. But was not exhibiting any of this when i got pulled. yeap I'm sending this letter and then I will go from there

• Admin
 Slidesector said:

Cert states ENGINE -MOD

Does not round off work done, and this is certed at current state by very well known certifier.

I dont see how a waistgate/turbo will need certification? if affects nothing and a standard turbo car has a waistgate, just smaller. where on the certy should this be printed???

nztintin- Yeah I do realize it's loud and it also has a maggot solid clutch. But was not exhibiting any of this when i got pulled. yeap I'm sending this letter and then I will go from there

Yeah cert plate just has to say MOD after the motor but on the paperwork (which you should carry a copy of in the glovebox for this exact reason) it should have these things listed in detail.

funky - Technically you should. You'll NEVER fail a WOF with a substituted turbo unless it's friggin enormous, I mean it would be a rather odd WOF guy who took a look and was like "WTF THIS MODEL DIDN'T HAVE A VF30! FAIL!" but, at the end of the day if someone wanted to be anal retentive about it (say, Police or an insurance assessor) then you could get pulled up on it as, going by the book, it invalidates your WOF.

Just like having a Link or chipped ECU has to be certed... when I get my Link I'm going in to get re-certed and I'm going to sit down with the cert guy and get every single thing that's on the certification schedule noted on the paperwork. It's all well and good until you stack it into a house and you're faced with a $200k bill because your insurer notices that the ECU isn't the original and declines your insurance.

When you are dealing with power tripping retards it helps to have your paperwork all sorted and readily available and in plain english and be squeaky clean.

Dont give them an excuse to ping you for anything.

Oh and dont go around driving like a boyracing-tard.

boon']

[quote name='Slidesector said:

Cert states ENGINE -MOD

/quote]

Yeah cert plate just has to say MOD after the motor but on the paperwork (which you should carry a copy of in the glovebox for this exact reason) it should have these things listed in detail.

funky - Technically you should. You'll NEVER fail a WOF with a substituted turbo unless it's friggin enormous, I mean it would be a rather odd WOF guy who took a look and was like "WTF THIS MODEL DIDN'T HAVE A VF30! FAIL!" but, at the end of the day if someone wanted to be anal retentive about it (say, Police or an insurance assessor) then you could get pulled up on it as, going by the book, it invalidates your WOF.

Just like having a Link or chipped ECU has to be certed... when I get my Link I'm going in to get re-certed and I'm going to sit down with the cert guy and get every single thing that's on the certification schedule noted on the paperwork. It's all well and good until you stack it into a house and you're faced with a $200k bill because your insurer notices that the ECU isn't the original and declines your insurance.

The peice of paper just carry's notes (horriable handwriting to). It doesn't state anything other than single turbo sti engine. There is nothing about bigger turbo, type of ECU or anything like that as they didn't elaborate.

As long as it passed its brake test and passes all of the obvious tests he said it doesnt matter??

I understand about the insurance company as you have to state all of the modifications at the time and continue to update modifications as you do them, or they wont pay you anything.

Soon you will have to get type of tyres certified at this rate. It's a bit pathetic IMO.

The main reson for getting a CERT is to be LEGAL and legally modified, I didn't waiste 500 bucks for someone who doesnt even change his own tyres to tell me im naughty.

i think my do need certs from reading this thread...

pretty much every cops knows my car in Porirua, i do really want to get a louder exhuast just to annoy my neighbor as they are farkward noisy all day and night