Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Cover - Best, Cheapest and experience's

ADIKT said:

Model - 98 type r coupe

Mods - alot lol

Company - NAC

how much - $1400pa Full cover -insured for $13k. Considering i am 21. and that was my first turbo car.

Dealing - Unfortunatly i had to make a claim for full theft. Had no problems what so ever.

They paid me out full amount of $13k. Was expecting them to come back saying we will give you 'market value'.

Overall experience was good. Would deal with them again. Although i would probably try autosure or whatever it is. (aparently theyre cheaper)

Had a call today from my insurance company saying that my coupe was under insured (because they asssed it after it was recovered) And they are sending me a cheque for $750. 3 monthes after the original payout!!!! fuck yea!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ballsrburning said:

Model: 2000 WRX STi Type RA limited

Mods: Full race car, suspension, cage, brakes, Full exhaust system, fully stripped, seats etc etc

Insurance company:john rae

Price and Type: Full insurance $380 no mileage limitation.

Dealings: No claims, easy to set up though, fixed valuation 25k.

thats a shit hot deal!

ballsrburning said:

Model: 2000 WRX STi Type RA limited

Mods: Full race car, suspension, cage, brakes, Full exhaust system, fully stripped, seats etc etc

Insurance company:john rae

Price and Type: Full insurance $380 no mileage limitation.

Dealings: No claims, easy to set up though, fixed valuation 25k.

You must have a lot of supporting business? That's so cheap.

Model: 1998 V5 WRX STI RA

Mods: Exhaust/wheels/stereo

Insurance company: State

Price and Type: Full insurance around $25 a week

Dealings:

-Claimed with state for major crash years ago, no issues.

-Claimed with them again last year for my V8 Sti being stolen, no hassles, paid out insured value not market value, as photos of the car showed it in very good condition.

-Very good service, no hassles with State, have house and contents with them too, also my P10 Primera daily insured with them too

So far would recommend State for insurance, happy with their service, and they haven't shit on me yet haha.

I've just recently moved to state and can't say a bad thing. Easy process over the phone and saved myself close to $90 a month. Now paying 36 a fortnight.

Old company NAC weren't bad and only went with them because I was desperate when I got my Blitzen. Westpac wouldn't insure me again due to car type.

Edit: spelling due to predictive.

• 3 months later...

Just got cover from Clic, underwritten by AMI

Model: 1998 V5 WRX STI Type R

Mods: Exhaust/wheels/stereo/forged engine/coilovers/swaybars/suspension mods/link ecu/front mount

Insurance company: Clic

Price and Type: Full Cover Market Valve (they take into account value of mods) $15,000

$800 per year

$1500 excess if stolen from my house

$2500 ??? ??? if stolen from the street

$800 excess for accident

Free glass cover

• 2 weeks later...

Holy dead thread revival batman ---->

Well decided to get a few quotes from a few companies for car insurance

State replied with email

AMI replied by email

Tower decided to call

Well let me tell you a story on Tower - more like w@nkers actually

So they try to call me a few times, but no name and no message...

Eventually some woman leaves a message, and from an 09 number...

I call back

I get the claims team - 1st WTF of the day...

So she puts me through to some PILLICK named Robert - If you know him you can tell him I think he is a tool

Soo we start by me saying I had a missed call, could not get the name of the woman who rang. Gave my details,

He then starts asking ALL the questions I had spent filling in on Monday night again. I stop him and asks if he can pull up the information I filled in on Monday night as it was not convenient and did not have the time to go through the extensive mods list as I was expecting to receive a quote via call or email. I attempted to explain that I was about to step into a meeting when they rang...

BUT then this happened ------>>>>> He then says, "what ever" and hangs up

Like WTF who do you think you are and more importantly WHY would you be so STUPID??? I called back straight away and complained and asked for his manager. I left a message for her and am still waiting (this was at 2PM...)

So I have made it my mission to not take out Tower "W@nker" Insurance, BUT to also communicate that to every person I know as the WORST example of customer service... In fact I may add this to my "experiences" book for prosperity to recall at conferences of what NEVER to do... This one will be my best (worst behaviour) example apart from that "Target carpet guy"

Oh and I know so many tradies in CHCH looking at insurance currently it is just not funny...

Sooo Tower a Very Very Very BIIIIIGGGG Up yours and thanks for the Conference intro for many years to come...

• General Member

dealing with insurance for the 1st time

3rd bloke to come look at the Avenger and try and "value" it, I have he feeling they dont think its worth any money at all (just a shitty old car etc)

JoKer said:

dealing with insurance for the 1st time

3rd bloke to come look at the Avenger and try and "value" it, I have he feeling they dont think its worth any money at all (just a s***ty old car etc)

Everything is worth something!

petercad said:

Model 04 WRX

Mods Nil

Insurance Company Vero

How much/Year and type $430 per year, full cover for $15k, 2x Named drivers

Dealing with them (both to get insurance and if you had to make a claim?)

Awesome to deal with, best premiums that I could find comparing with the other major players in the field.

Have all insurance with them now - saving almost a grand over previous insurer (Not sure if I should list who that was...)

How old are you for that deal, as Ive got the same car, and insurance didnt want to deal with me, so had to do it through my old man, and worked out at $780 for full insurance, im 22

subieboy said:

State replied with email

AMI replied by email

Tower decided to call

I call back

So she puts me through to some PILLICK named Robert - If you know him you can tell him I think he is a tool

Soo we start by me saying I had a missed call, could not get the name of the woman who rang. Gave my details,

He then starts asking ALL the questions I had spent filling in on Monday night again. I stop him and asks if he can pull up the information I filled in on Monday night as it was not convenient and did not have the time to go through the extensive mods list as I was expecting to receive a quote via call or email. I attempted to explain that I was about to step into a meeting when they rang...

Like WTF who do you think you are and more importantly WHY would you be so STUPID??? I called back straight away and complained and asked for his manager. I left a message for her and am still waiting (this was at 2PM...)

So I have made it my mission to not take out Tower "W@nker" Insurance, BUT to also communicate that to every person I know as the WORST example of customer service... In fact I may add this to my "experiences" book for prosperity to recall at conferences of what NEVER to do... This one will be my best (worst behaviour) example apart from that "Target carpet guy"

Oh and I know so many tradies in CHCH looking at insurance currently it is just not funny...

Sooo Tower a Very Very Very BIIIIIGGGG Up yours and thanks for the Conference intro for many years to come...

If you care any further, email them at [email protected] and give them the full story... make them follow it up. This email address was found from their Twitter account

<3 internet snooping :)

elrodeo']

[quote name='petercad said:

Model 04 WRX

Mods Nil

Insurance Company Vero

Awesome to deal with, best premiums that I could find comparing with the other major players in the field.

Have all insurance with them now - saving almost a grand over previous insurer (Not sure if I should list who that was...)

/quote]

How old are you for that deal, as Ive got the same car, and insurance didnt want to deal with me, so had to do it through my old man, and worked out at $780 for full insurance, im 22

Guarantee over 25.

• 4 weeks later...
 Scoobydoo']

[quote name='subieboy said:

State replied with email

AMI replied by email

Tower decided to call

I call back

/quote]

If you care any further, email them at [email protected] and give them the full story... make them follow it up. This email address was found from their Twitter account

<3 internet snooping :)

@ Subieboy

I second this idea!!

Get onto upper management and complaints department and go serial on them.

Id look up to you like you are a GOD if you can do something like that link on Clubsub for debt collection done by that dude Aaron! Now that would be legendary bro! And keep us all up to date thru the Ckubsub forums!

Go on ... i dare yah!

Model - 95 legacy TS

Mods - bone stock

Company - Tower

how much - $182 a year. - third party only

Dealing - no claims yet

thinking i should probably upgrade to third party fire and theft if its only a little bit extra

excess is $750 for me and gf (both 18)

• Admin

Model

2001 GTB legacy

mods

Ajusties

insurance company

Matt Jensen Insurence Services (broker)

how much/year and type

$700 Per year

total comprehencive commercial

$200 exess if written off or broken into

$100 if stolen

Free glass cover

Free Road Side assistance

Free AA membership

dealing with them

best ive ever delt with in all respects

Divine']

[quote name='petercad said:

Model 04 WRX

Mods Nil

Insurance Company Vero

/quote]

Guarantee over 25.

Hahaha, yup, over 25 alright, good history, no speeding tickets or smashes, kept in Garage and alarmed/immobilised/GPS Tracked and have multiple other policies with them as well

Had all our cars with fmg for like 10years then one day they said they dont do modified cars anymore?? Pretty much a clean record driving wise and one claim for a stolen motorbike right at the beginning, thought no worries i will just put them with tower as this who our house and contents was through with nbnz, they said no, so pulled everything and went to ami, they have been great!! Been with them for 4years know ;D

I noticed a few people on her have motorcycles, i work for a motorcycle insurance company (Kiwibike Insurance) if any on here would like a quote, we offer really competitive rates and im willing to knock down the premium for ClubSub members :)

Kiwibike Insurance 0800 629 253