Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

what to buy?????

wrxboy

Hi guys ive got my wrx and i also have saved up 5 grand i was thinking about buying a 4x4 but thought i could spend the money on my suby instead???

Anyone got any opinions on what i could do for 5grand?

Whats done is....(its pritty stock really....)

Engine:

Vf22 turbocharger, Front mount intercooler, pod filter, HKS super sequential blow off valve, Full 3 inch blitz nur spec exhaust system, blitz headers (heat wrapped), Blitz 9mm spark leads, strut brace, cooling plate, Painted parts lol

Exterior:

Two tone black and silver paint with chrome pin stripe, professionally rolled guards, Angel eye head lights, Smoked indicators (side and front), Smoked clear tail lights, Rear spoiler removed

Interior:

Turbo timer, 2011 STI gear knob, 5” sport comp tachometer, 2”boost gauge, Gizzmo carbon fibre touch shift light, Police radar, Racing pedals, carbon fibre centre console with 2/5” oil pressure gauge, Two 1200watt Kenwood subwoofers, 1000watt JVC amplifier ,Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 440w 6x9s,Gfb boost controller,fire ex.

wheels:

18” Konig Unknowns, triangle 215/35 tyres

Suspension:

Super low cobra springs with Sti struts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handling mods like front and rear strut braces and sway bars are good value, with solid links as well. A G4 + tune will set you back over 2k, and if you were to do that I'd sort out the fuelling system as well, new high-flow fuel pump & split fuel rail system will be good for future-proofing the engine. Is the exhaust 3" from the turbo back? If not, a new downpipe will free a lot of power up and will help the turbo spool quicker.

I think that list will take care of most of your 5k

• General Member

Really it depends what you want to do, go fast on a track, Tyres, Suspension. Want to brag about power figures, G4+ Tune and you cant go wrong.

Real world applications, swaybars, downpipe (if you dont have a decent one) and maybe a Boost controller for a couple extra PSI?

Johnnynz said:

Really it depends what you want to do,

QFT.. im suprised the thread got this far with out anyone asking.... the OP needs to decide what they want from the car.

lol @ all the 'you should slap this on' when you have no idea what the OP does with their car.

To throw a cat amongst the pigeons maybe 5k worth of ICE would be bitch'in as for a show car entry?... but then again.. i dont know what the OP wants from their ride ::)

(obviously 5k isnt going to make a show winner right, but neither is 5k going to make a xxxxxKW track or road car)

depends what u wana get outta the car.

i wud personally spend on a bigger turbo and link g4 and fuel inj/pump/rails and tuned nicely

not push to the extreme

that way all the bolt on mods are there in case u wana extreme it in the future..

If he can push the tires past there limits by all means change em no point in changing em if he can't exceed the limits of em not everyone is michael schumacher

Figure out what you want the car to be like, but generally what Pappu and Scooby said dude some good advice there

johnny5 said:

If he can push the tires past there limits by all means change em no point in changing em if he can't exceed the limits of em not everyone is michael schumacher

Figure out what you want the car to be like, but generally what Pappu and Scooby said dude some good advice there

more a matter of safety i think youl find. i had triangles 3 months old on car i bought bent a rim so replaced all 4 with gt radials. 1 was about to blow and 2 others had soft spots inside didnt know until i pulled them off the rim. i dont know jack bowt tyres but they dont handle the best either compared to gt, achillles, nankang, toyo or kumho ive had. theyre $80 cheaper a tyre for a reason and they wear faster too. asking for trouble imho.

is it a street car/track car/strip use? a link g4 would compliment anything else performance wise. mods for reliability will save you big coin in the long run but depends completely on your plan for your car.

It's just a street car. And really I've had triangles on my levin and Subaru and my starlet and never had a problem with them..... I've had the tyres on my suby 4 1 and a half years are still on 5mm I think lol I've done 24,000 .

run some re01's or re11s.... or similar. MASSIVE difference. i had a reduction in traction with the triangles on over the standard balloon tyres. give it a crack, you may enjoy it :)

if i was in your situation, i'd go for a tune and a bit of suspension work if i could streach the budget, but i'd replace all 4 corners, as its not much point having many million killerwasps or the best suspension set up in the world if you can't get it to stick to the road.