Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What does your car mean to you?

I just thought id strat this thread so people can say why/what they like about their car and also what they dislike

Car 1999 Legacy B4 Manual

Mods None

Thinks u like Good driving car, plenty of power, awesome interior, plenty of room and looks farkin awesome.

What you dislike The VOD

Why you brought it To sound Korney It was everything i wanted in a car.

What your future plans are Intake, exhaust, sounds, suspension, ecu, basically smash it with a heafty upgrade stick and watch the bank account freeze ;D

Car:

Mods:

Things u like:

What you dislike:

Why you brought it:

What your future plans are:

:mod added template: :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car 1998 RSB.

Mods Marley-ectomy and ZS Sequential Controller, 17" ROH Adrenalins in shadow chrome, 35% tints all round.

Things I like The Top end, The handling. The Presence it has.

What i dont likeThe stone chips

Why I bought itWent to buy my mum a car at auction, saw this and fell in love immediately. Months and months later, I am still in love!

Plans Small drop in ride height + AVC-R

Apart form all that, did i mention that i LOVE my car? I think it might be a sickness, eh. I covet it. Its my Precioussssss

RSB said:

Apart form all that, did i mention that i LOVE my car? I think it might be a sickness, eh. I covet it. Its my Precioussssss

Hahaha, as long it's not like those guys i saw on the documentry on tv.1 a while back.... they LOVED their cars.... white stuff on the tyres kinda love.

Car 1973 Subaru 1400 GSR

Mods allarm, sony stero, polished inlet manifold

Thinks u like Really amazing handeling for a car thats 36 years old, loves to rev, fast, cool synthetic wooden dash, confitble, 2 door coupe and in superlight in stock trim. cool 70s stylinng, Cheap to run :D

What you dislike The small amount of Rust it has

Why you brought it Dad had one in the 70s. i love the old skool stuff and wanted 1 ever since i remember.

What your future plans Chrome lots of motor stuff, New replica of factory sports exhaust, up grade to higher amp alt, new shocks, new paint, pretty much want to redo every thing on it make it like new again :D

Car 2005 Impreza STI

Mods HKS EVC 5, Spec C springs, 18" Work Emotion CR-Kai wheels

Thinks you like How it looks, how it drives, the fact that it's a beast even though it's practically standard

What you dislike How quickly the white gets dirty, the plasticky dash

Why you bought it Always wanted an STI but hate the new shape, split up with my ex so spent a stupid amount on a car since i could get away with it now ;)

What your future plans are Probably moving to Oz so have to decide if i store it or sell it... only thing i've considered doing to it is exhaust, but love that it's standard so won't be doing much more than that if anything

Car 1989 Vortex 6

Mods diff lock, light up grade, legacy front shocks

Thinks u like Good handeling, no one knows whats it is, always gets looks, its fitted with a 6, runs great. very aerodynamic.

What you dislike wished it was manual, has a wrapped disk rotor, they werent sold here new so getting parts are alot harder... and the turbo verson is very different,

Why you brought it After having one it was great but had stuffed auto and crappy subspection, i had supplyed the old owner alot of parts he couldnt get so when he was ready to get rid of it he offered it to me.

What your future plans are fix wrapped rotor and fix small auto leak, convert to manual, maybe drop a svx engine in, exhaust with maybe lake pipes, Rear LSD, up grade interior trim, and turbo bonnet.

Car V3 WRX STI RA

Mods to many

Things u like it can tow my jetski

What you dislike costs me to much and continues to cost me

Why you brought it still trying to work that one out

What are your future plans drive it into the ground and get a normal car

$20k and its yours..... didn't think so. *sighs* ::)

Car 1998 GTB Legacy Wagon

Mods Full aero kit (possibly Syms kit?), trippy carbon fibre wing, big exhaust, haha CS banner & No Car Hoes sticker...Syms mags

Thinks u like It looks totally different. It's a subaru! what's not to like!

What you dislike The front grill looks like it's a Mr-Potato-Head stick on, I miss my twin sunroofs! that's about it

Why you brought it I've had 2 other legacys, last one was an old shape 98 wagon, LOVE havin a wagon, saw this outside the car yard, fresh outa japan, had to have it.

What your future plans are Tint back windows, take secondary cat off to give exhaust just a bit more rumble, boost gauge, possibly compress springs and put it on 18's so car is lower but kit should stay same height, strenthen front kit, gotta finish painting the mesh in kit, try and find a white (possibly RFRB) grill, new speakers, gana paint front strut brace to match the mesh, possibly getting a new bonnet with trippy vents as well as the standared scoop... and got a big foam squab that i'm gana cut to fit the back boot, stick the boot mat back on, so when i go on random missions, i can just fold the seats down, make it a bit more cumfy to sleep in... who needs a tent when ya got a wagon!!!!

Guest sleeperfoz

Car 98stb forester

Mods 98 sti ecu yellows afm,sti v7 struts and springs,17x7 roh furys

Things u like it goes like a rocket at 20 psi on occasion and its a true sleeper in its it current form.

What you dislike dosnt handle like a car anyway you may look at it.

Why you brought it you can put heaps of stuff in there!

What are your future plans unsure if i will have it in 2 years,if i do,its gonna get a major upgrade in power.

Guest iceboychch

Car: 1989 gt legacy sedan

Mods: ver1 wrx engine,td-04,wrx clutch,apexi turbotimer,kings springs, water to air intercooler, 4" muffler, rs-k 5 speed box.

Thinks u like: the sound, the low kays on engine, turbo!!

What you dislike: spending lots of money to fix it!!

Why you brought it: was cheap! $680!. looks mean as, turbo!!

What your future plans are: where do i start.. TD-05H, new gearbox, chip, seats, paint, wheels, maybe a sunroof. :)

Car 2002 BH Blitzen6

Mods None

Thinks u like Drives well (even better with VDC off :P), looks good, automatic is better than ever other auto I've driven (no need for tiptronic)

What you dislike Doesn't come in manual

Why you brought it After seeing it when dropping a friend off at a car yard, I took it for a test drive and then sat for a few days and wondered if I really wanted it still (past the honeymoon period), alas the rest is history.

What your future plans are Wheels (keeping my original Blitzens for resale), manual conversion

Car: 1997 T/TB Forester

Mods:A'PEXi Pod filter, Tein Lowering springs, stereo stuff

Things u like: The Colour, the fact it goes way faster than my old car, the space it has and how the "i'm bigger than you rule" generally applies while out driving around town!

What you dislike: Auto Gearbox, the wheels, the rooted suspension, AND THAT DAMN FASCINATION WITH TREES!

Why you brought it:Sold my old car and was going insane driving mum's Ford mondeo so grabbed the first subie under 5k i drove

What your future plans are: EVERYTHING UNDER THE WHEEL ARCHES GOES BYE BYE! IN GOES FULL V7 RUNNING GEAR . Respray. STi bits here and there

Car 1994 BD5 GT Sedan Manual

Mods Reloomed to sti v3,converted to manual,forged closed deck,flipped turbo and manifold,frontmount,TB exhaust,4pot brakes,dtm 17's plus alot more

Things u like it goes hard,looks like a rally car and has subie rumble

What you dislike it likes money even when i dont wanna feed it coin

Why you brought it always liked legacy sedans

What your future plans are drive this engine to it cant go no further then 2.2/2.7 build

Car: Gen1 Liberty wagon (GX)

Mods: Outback struts/springs to suit

Things u like:Its a wagon and can go more places then the common 2wd wagon

What you dislike:Auto/EJ22 combo

Why you brought it: To lift it and make it more capable offroad (family farm)

What your future plans are: Nudge/bull bar, rear wheel carrier, Lift kit.

Guest Rugged_RS

Car: 1994 Legacy RS ej20h manual

Mods: Lowered, Had a bore, b.o.v, tints

Things u like: The grip! Sh!t to a blanket i say!! Oh and the turbos!!!

What you dislike: VOD <---Evilness!

Why you brought it: Cause its was sooo sexy before i took my 5% tints off...

What your future plans are: Sequential boost controller, New front kit (current is chipped to hell) and a respray! Maybe some mags.. Oh and a new bonnet! perhaps another bore... oh dear what have i got myself into :o

Car: MY2000 BE5 RSK B4 manual.

Mods: RFRB bumper & grill, tail pipe & muffler, short shifter, t/timer, Nakamichi 6 disk headdeck, earth kit & brake pads, Meridian AHR child seat.

Things u like: balance of chassis when hustling, overtaking torque between 2500-4000rpm & top end rush above 5500rpm, unassuming appearance, my 14month old son likes the rumble :)

What you dislike: initial turbo lag at low rpm, no tyre smoking antics and that bloody VOD between 4000-5500rpm!

Why you bought it: legroom & boot space better than many in class & AWD plus pace = ;D oh & it's more agile & uses 45% less fuel than the BA Falcon XR6Turbo I just sold!

What your future plans are: intake, exhaust - cure VOD. Tints...etc...

Car: 2001 WRX V7 STI

Mods: Exhust , Coilovers , 18" konig Wheels

Thinks u like:It's STI Has 6 gears what else do I have to say lol

What you dislike: The spolier sux balls hard !!!!

Why you brought it:Always wanted one had have it !Drove a V5 then drove the V7 and fell in love bahahahahaha!!!!

What your future plans are:Remove spolier and sounds and umm umm ecu and new boost gauge

• General Member

Car: 1998 WRX Sedan

Mods: Cheap arse lowering springs, BOV, exhaust, downpipe, fully forged engine build, V8 STI scoop, V6 STI spoiler.

Things u like: I love the presence of a WRX in general, everything about them from the aggresive styling to the noise is so all enveloping.

What you dislike: Stupid ****ing questions "How many pounds you boosting G." Stock answer, none bro non turbo.

Why you brought it:Always wanted a Rex, brought a 93 which I wrote off and this was the replacement. It was tidy, low Ks and cheap.

What your future plans are: In order: New Extractors and exhaust set up so its a bit quieter, Bigger injectors, Link G4, Flipped manifold and a FMIC with some nice short piping like Tony (ronin) has and hopefully a twisted turbo setup sometime next year to go along with it all. Need to talk to my favourtie mechanic about that one.

Car: 1998 HX20s sedan, 'Shale'

Mods: ver6 STi body kit + respray in Blue Steel, ver8 STi wheels, 5Zigen exhaust, pod filter, STi gauge cluster (+DCCD thingy), ver8 STi seats, STi-Showa tarmac struts, STi RA swaybars...omfg list goes on and on.

Things u like: When the bloody tyres aren't bald, this thing goes hard for a 2.0L N/A and gets 700km out of a 54L tank of petrol. It's got all the 'feeling' and 'passion' of any GC8 turbo, but while it doesn't have the get up and go...it has less fuel stops ;D

What you dislike: When there are no corners...get over 60 and it's ferkin' slow compared to everything else. And my baby is always demanding repairs now...yay over the 10 year hill -____-;;

Why you brought it: Always wanted a GC8 sedan. And yes, I admit, the parents wouldn't let me get a turbo all those years ago. But the 2.0L was good enough for a learner (borderline terrifying, actually) and it took me a year or two to properly outgrow it. I still love him to bits though, he's been more bloody loyal to me than any human male!!

What your future plans are: Proper coilovers (hello Prodrive), and a planned new engine with a budget of up to $20k. Shaddap, I have a turbo now...I can do my silly N/A thing ;D Looking at a high compression 2.2L N/A motor with lots of STi goodies. The benchmark is 250hp, the pipedream is 300hp, and anything in between will be a cause for celebration!

Car: 1990 Legacy GT wagon 'Frank'

Mods: If you discount the union between two munted Legacys...nada.

Things u like: She's big, she's comfy, she's retro, she's a barge, indestructible and absolutely insane...fellow BC/BF drivers know what I'm talking about ;D

What you dislike: BROKEN!! Blasted turbos. Everything is ancient, neglected or rotten. Getting her back on the road is proving to be a financial nightmare.

Why you brought it: I wanted a Legacy. Badly. And this one came along for $200. How could I refuse? It was a GT-Ltd! $500 of new chassis and what'll soon be $1500 of new parts later...we might have a working, running shagwagon! ;D

What your future plans are: Un-dent and respray black for one. Tints...lower her...proper sound system. Exhaust. And one day, STi engine, STi brakes, Type R gearbox ;D if I can hurry up and get my business going...or a promotion ><;

Car: 1994 V1 WRX

Mods: Easier to list what isn't modified ;)

Things u like: The way it feels and handles, and that brilliant feeling when u put ur foot down. 8)

What you dislike: Forever replacing things I've broken

Why you brought it: Great platform to get into trackwork

What your future plans are: Again its an evergrowing list, but to finish with something that has a rollcage and can enter into race events.

Car:MY 99 WRX

Mods:ECU,CAI,TBE,Front Rotors,Rear Swaybar (adjustable) Shocks KYB AGX,Samco Y pipe.

Things u like:Practical Car Fun to drive

What you dislike:NVH

Why you brought it:Value For Money and Fun to drive

What your future plans are:None its too old now for any further $ to be spent on it.

:mod added template:

Car:1991 legacy rs facelift

Mods: sti blue with black bonet and roof,black gtb rims,full exhaust and the other basics

Thinks u like:colour and sound,also never seen another like it

What you dislike:could do with new blue paint and panel

Why you brought it:was cheap and goes well

What your future plans are:sell it and get a newer subbie