Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

235's on a GC8 ?

thorpy

thorpy said:

they are +48 , dont really understand offset if someone can explain?

Offset is the distance between the centre of the rim (in cm?) and where it mounts to the hub. A positive offset means the wheel mount is quite far out from the centre (like most subaru wheels) whilst a small or negative offset gives you 'dished' rims

Yeah I realise that , I would like the NT01 but at almost $100 more per tyre I think a UHP summer tyre is sufficient for the type of racing that I do.

Id rather go out and be moderatly competitive on the cheaper tyre than limit the amount of racing I do cos iv blown the budget on tyres that I probably dont have the confidence to make use of anyway.

thorpy said:

Yeah I realise that , I would like the NT01 but at almost $100 more per tyre I think a UHP summer tyre is sufficient for the type of racing that I do.

Id rather go out and be moderatly competitive on the cheaper tyre than limit the amount of racing I do cos iv blown the budget on tyres that I probably dont have the confidence to make use of anyway.

Fair enough.

On a sidenote; some reviews have slagged the NT05 on it's wet weather performance, on the road I've found it to be fine in the rain, haven't crashed yet !

;)

I have 225x50x16s. They just fit on the front with normal sti rims 53mm offset. They rub at full lock on the inside but that's no issue for me. On the rear with the above sti rims they bolt up hard against the normal sti struts so I have 5mm spacers which gets them to juuuust fit prob with 2mm clearance to struts. They still rub on strut but only a bit and only under extreme conditions and is no issue.

For this setup I dont think I could make 235 s fit but our cars could be a bit different or you could roll guards or have coil overs installed :)

thorpy said:

i can poss get a good price on the nto1 , logans going to use them on his racecar and reckens he can get a good price

rex-leggy']

[quote name='thorpy said:

/quote]

i can poss get a good price on the nto1 , logans going to use them on his racecar and reckens he can get a good price

For reference I paid $1400 for the set, fitted and balanced.