Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WRX Theft Attempt

tebbyj

Was parked outside the mrs place in upper Hutt, Cut the alarm siren wire and ripped out whole alarm box. Only got about 10m around the comer and stopped.

Only reason they didn\'t get away with it was the steering wheel lock meant they had to rip the wheel off and had no way to drive it plus hot wired it wrong....

Left the head unit, speakers, amp and only took the $100 sub (by cutting bunge cord ::) )

Alarm was mongoose M60G... wont be going there again!!!

Now Im in the market for Nardi steering wheel, Ignition Barrel for GF8 and new alarm....

But as far as attempts at stealing go it was pretty terrible.

Amateurs...

boon said:

The M60G is a perfectly good alarm when installed properly. If they were able to rip the brain out it wasn\'t installed correctly,it was installed by a lazy cowboy installer :/

Yeah, I actually noticed a week ago the install was s**t, and even thought i should clean it up a bit...

Was just stuffed under the dash... ::)

boon said:

The M60G is a perfectly good alarm when installed properly. If they were able to rip the brain out it wasn\'t installed correctly,it was installed by a lazy cowboy installer :/

I had this with the AVS alarms, in chch my avs alarm was a shocker...The issues I had the installer didn\'t want a bar of it especially when my wrx was broken into and they didn\'t care less the alarm hadn\'t gone off. They just said well it\'s up to me to ensure it is working properly despite it still being under warranty, I was thinking "well to me it seemed like it was working, I didn\'t plan on breaking into my own car".

The AVS alarm I had installed up here in Auckland, I have had no issues and was amazed how professional the installer was. It took him only a couple hours, and was very well done whilst the chch one took the guy 9 hours to install my alarm.

• 3 weeks later...
 digit said:

i have a dead switch no alarm and i got a dumped out 1991 subaru wagon and ive had no issues

lol to be honest i dont think they would steal that car even if the keys were in the ignition and the windows were down...your safe mate

sti555']

[quote name='digit said:

i have a dead switch no alarm and i got a dumped out 1991 subaru wagon and ive had no issues

/quote]

lol to be honest i dont think they would steal that car even if the keys were in the ignition and the windows were down...your safe mate

Not necessarily a bad thing... ;D

Give this blog a read, especially on the points brought up about Mongoose. My next alarm will be a Cobra, installed by Julian at Obsessive Security. From what he says, and the various videos he puts up, Cobra seems to be the manufacturer to go with, and i will be steering clear from the likes of Mongoose, Uniden, AVS etc (Maybe not AVS, but it aint a cobra).

• 2 months later...

brooo

a week before new years people tried to brake into my car

all they did was cut the alarm and chuck away the siren box, but they must of got scared off because they left there tool they used to open my bonnet

could be the same people

i was around whitby

jkwrx555 said:

brooo

a week before new years people tried to brake into my car

all they did was cut the alarm and chuck away the siren box, but they must of got scared off because they left there tool they used to open my bonnet

could be the same people

i was around whitby

Sounds very much like the same people tbh, my alarm siren was smashed in the gutter. I think were lucky because this guy obviously isn\'t very good at what he does lol

• General Member

lol at the comment at bottom dude disconnecting AFM : that wont do jack

was wondering if that was your car : saw link earlier but isnt clear if that is even a NZ site (sure it says .co.nz but that\'s the only clue)

• General Member

2 Things, is it just me or his accomplice in the background patched up?

Secondly I wonder if they were lurking for the V7 that lives outside the VRC computers. If this is where i think it is.