Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Went for a drive in an Evo 7

Stoffa

Went for a drive in a mates 29,000km evo 7 last night, yes 29,000km, he bought it off a guy who had it from new and only used it a few weekends a year. I think I was the first person to use the rear seat belt.

I think I maybe converted, or maybe its just cos it is so mint and still has that new car smell.

although I think my arse maybe a bit big fo rthe front seats, they\'re tiny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice cars s*** looking interior though thats what swayed me into a GDB.

29km is pretty low nice score has he changed the cambelt and given it a major service? low kms it may have but time is also a factor when it comes to servicing

I\'m so used to older cars I still think they have flaaash interiors haha

You would get converted pretty easy.... Only reason I strayed to the dark side was that subys were/are much cheaper than an equivalent year mitsi, generally.

#waitingfortheargumenttostart

I like the 98-2000 interiors before they got space age round air con vents and after the conventional lines. Although v7/8 interior far nicer than evo 7/8.

Evo 7 arent that fast but trade off evo 8 faster/better engine s*** exterior all opinion tho ymmv. Dont know how quick 8\'s are but higher boosty 18psi? and forged pistons. I would get a V8 sti over an evo 7/8 anyday. Best thing about both is do intake/exhaust/reflash and you have a sick car. Get bored just get a bolt on garrett and retune to suit and make mean power still retaining aircon/creature comforts. I dont know but would imagine the evo turbo would make more kw than the v7/8.

I still dont get how evo 1-3 hold their value. They all have early stages of cancer and sell for 10k- its bothering ridiculous they should be cheap as.

• General Member

I quite like the 7s, given the choice between a 7 or the STI Equivalent I would probbaly take the Evo 7.

That said I dont like anything pre 6 and I don\'t really like the post 7s. The 7 and the 8 a little are nice looking cars to, very staunch if you put some rims on them nda lower a little.

evowrx said:

I like the 98-2000 interiors before they got space age round air con vents and after the conventional lines. Although v7/8 interior far nicer than evo 7/8.

Yes.

Evo 7 arent that fast

Compared to what ?

Stock for stock an Evo 7 will toast an STI 7/8 on the straights and curves.

::)

newsuba']

[quote name='evowrx said:

I like the 98-2000 interiors before they got space age round air con vents and after the conventional lines. Although v7/8 interior far nicer than evo 7/8./quote]

Yes.

Evo 7 arent that fast

Compared to what ?

Stock for stock an Evo 7 will toast an STI 7/8 on the straights and curves.

::)

Evo 7 vs evo 8 pretty sure the 8 would stomp it. Same frame better engine/boosty like I said I dont know from the drivers seat. Few 7\'s in town and theyre not that quick. Mate had a 7 engine/turbo/boost in a 4 and then sold and went to a evo 8 reckoned 8 way quicker. Both in stock form no boost tap sillyness.

• General Member

I have driven a stock 7 and a stock 8, the 8 Felt considerably faster tbh, the 7 had done about 60 thousand odd kms more but both are well looked after by Mitsi lovers so I dont think it was a wear and tear difference.

And I agree with Newsuba, Evos of that era certainly feel significantly quicker stock. Gotta hand it to the Mitsi guys they have it all over us in that era.

• General Member
 newsuba said:

Out-paced by Evos true, but as evowrx said, the Soobs had a better interior and were nicer to be in.

And being less frenetic than an Evo, the STI\'s were also nicer to potter around in.

;D

See I dont really notice interiors aye, I\'m not "there" yet. I just drove my first WRX and loved it. If I was buying again now for a fun car I would probably be looking for a WRX Coupe or an Evo 8.

V1-3 interior are shit and funny dash imo. Evo 1-3 fine but fall apart. V4-6 wrx interior awesome. V7-9 Id live with dashwise the seats are sick def better than evo 7-8 where that indent under the head deck looks hellaquaint. Evo 4 seats hideous hate the way people put them into liberos/gsrs. The forester had the most practical interior weve had in all our cars. Seats were half leather half bucket being 2000- too.

Is it a blue evo7 and paid about 28k?

Iv driven evo8 and they are boring slow... Just doesn\'t have the pull that a Subaru has, my version8 spec c \'s iv had were much faster without a doubt. Standard v10 sti was quicker too. My evo 9 I had "ex buddyclub demo car" with intake exhaust reflashed at STM was a whole different story though.

Just personal opinion standard wrx vs evo version for version wrx is faster from v1-8.

The only quick Evos I have witness or driven are evo 8mr and 9

My only complaint with later model Evo\'s compared to Subarus is the lack of ability to control the car yourself. It\'s all down to electronics, I prefer a mechanical feel and knowing that I am controlling the car. I don\'t enjoy hoping that the electronics will kick in and turn the car for me. Or the fact that they sometimes do the wrong thing when you are busy rather sideways.

On the plus side, although all regular STis and Evos (not special models like Spec C or RS, which you can\'t compare) are quite slow and handle poorly, they don\'t take much to tickle into being really fast cars.

My boss had a 9 and that was a weapon! Was a good laugh.

I\'ve only really liked the 6.5 and 9 in the Evo range, just one of those things for me. I agree on the interior, they\'re too simple and far ahead of their time.

• Admin
 unknown said:

Is it a blue evo7 and paid about 28k?

Iv driven evo8 and they are boring slow... Just doesn\'t have the pull that a Subaru has, my version8 spec c \'s iv had were much faster without a doubt. Standard v10 sti was quicker too. My evo 9 I had "ex buddyclub demo car" with intake exhaust reflashed at STM was a whole different story though.

Just personal opinion standard wrx vs evo version for version wrx is faster from v1-8.

The only quick Evos I have witness or driven are evo 8mr and 9

What\'s up Kevin... what was wrong with your old username?