Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v5 sti starting then dying after about 2 seconds of running

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am open to new ideas just not dumb arse ones that lead people astray who dont know better. Rick and plenty of others left because of cowboys with daft ideas they pushed onto people and on the edge of losing another.

You might be hellishly smart everyone on heres smarter than me but fuck that finger comment was just stoopid lol.

a thumb will spray the fuel much better tho

esp if you hold the main feed line cos then you\'ll get around 90 psi of the thumb spray-o-meter

Bahahahaha

each to there own ... tho

** sit backs and wait to read in the paper .. mechanic burnt by fuel test

Yeah, yeah , yeah you guys.. it\'s quick and probably dangerous if you are silly enough to let petrol squirt, and on to something that Will ignite it and all that...

but that, and a timing light test, and we would have narrowed the problem down significantly in a few minutes.

I\'ll leave the trouble-shooting and diagnosis to you lot though...

How is petrol not going to squirt? I know it does coz Ive done it. Told missus to flick on ignition to listen to radio while dropping engine completely forgot I had fuel line off reg so wacked my thumb over it stopped it for a second or two then started going everywhere until turbo timer got turned off.

evowrx said:

How is petrol not going to squirt? I know it does coz Ive done it. Told missus to flick on ignition to listen to radio while dropping engine completely forgot I had fuel line off reg so wacked my thumb over it stopped it for a second or two then started going everywhere until turbo timer got turned off.

Oh really.

Is that what turbo timers do is it... keep the fuel pump going after the ecu has told it to turn off..

I\'ve got a lot to learn ...

As I say... you talk them through the trouble shooting Evo... I\'ll watch.

log1call']

[quote name='evowrx said:

/quote]

Oh really.

Is that what turbo timers do is it... keep the fuel pump going after the ecu has told it to turn off..

I\'ve got a lot to learn ...

As I say... you talk them through the trouble shooting Evo... I\'ll watch.

With engine harness disconnected fuel pump will run until timer shuts off - unsure why, but have this happen many times, try to shut a door glass when engine is out and fuel everywhere

ECU doesnt shut down after the usual pre period

Then you\'ve got your timer wired up incorrectly. The fuel pump should only run for a couple of seconds when you first turn the key on to prime the system, then it turns off till it gets a signal the engine is running... otherwise, when you stalled, or crashed, the pump would keep running, and that cut fuel hose from the crash, it would squirt that high pressure fuel you are all so scared of, all over the place, feeding the fire, till the bloody battery goes flat...

The timer, should be feeding the ign to the ecu, the ecu should be controlling the fuel relay...

Well, does anyone find any fault in my suggestion that he connect a timing light to it... more people have timing lights than fuel pressure testing kit..right?

That will tell us if it\'s an electrical fault, rather than fuel or blocked exhaust or something silly..

Maybe I should clarify so what youre saying makes sense - but I thought it obvious she overturned it to start then obviously the timer runs so needs turning off.

Checking fuel and spark a very good idea I was just pointing out above dont rule out the afm till youve tried another. Its a possibility along with many other things. Im not an expert so I dont have all the answers.

evowrx said:

Maybe I should clarify so what youre saying makes sense - but I thought it obvious she overturned it to start then obviously the timer runs so needs turning off.

Checking fuel and spark a very good idea I was just pointing out above dont rule out the afm till youve tried another. Its a possibility along with many other things. Im not an expert so I dont have all the answers.

And you\'re not as smart as you think you are...

loner']

Checking fuel and spark a very good idea I was just pointing out above dont rule out the afm till youve tried another. Its a possibility along with many other things. b]Im not an expert so I dont have all the answers.[/b]

I had a dud afm that car wouldnt run with similar to OP I dont have to be the man to be qualified to post that. Im not here to stir shit I signed up to learn. If I can pass on something Ive learnt while here it doesnt make me smart just helpful imo ymmv.

evowrx']

Checking fuel and spark a very good idea I was just pointing out above dont rule out the afm till youve tried another. Its a possibility along with many other things. b]Im not an expert so I dont have all the answers.[/b]

I had a dud afm that car wouldnt run with similar to OP I dont have to be the man to be qualified to post that. Im not here to stir s*** I signed up to learn. If I can pass on something Ive learnt while here it doesnt make me smart just helpful imo ymmv.

I can tell you are not here to cause trouble, but in all honesty... you talk too much. It\'s doesn\'t hurt to just listen

every now and then... you can still learn.

I think I do too. Maybe a few other people could talk a tad more as its always the same people who offer advice. Theres so many people on here who know so much that read these sort of posts but dont give any advice. Im talking about people who actually know cars etc. These threads are always relatively hit and miss though.

scoobygt said:

is my mates car, have checked the codes and there is nothing that would relate to this issue, maybe a afm issue? also reset the ecu.

Any luck?

*chuckling at pissing contest*

B4_685 via Tapatalk HD

Eight dollar said:

ecu use\'s cam/crank and coolant temp to start engien - all other sensors are ignored

AFM is used once engine is started , so your problem could well be that - can you fit a test unit

easiest way to see is to get it put on scan tool and do a data read out - the reason should be pretty clear

There you go Logcall - diagnostics by actually knowing how the system operates !