Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

My V1 WRX STI has no MAF.. WTF?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, but if you look at the numbers people produce, the VF22 more often nets a higher output. But it depends on what pressure you\'re operating at etc etc. They are pretty similar, but if he\'s already got a VF22, its not an upgrade going to a TD05 for the hell of it. Even if its a VF23, its not worth swapping to a TD05.

Unless he gets a TD05 thats had an 18g (or 20g) wheel attached to the front of it.

The turbo smokes, and if i stomp it instead of easing the boost on she spluters and farts and backfires out of the wastegate.

new plugs and coils will be on the list for tomoro if i can find some coils if not just plugs and ill see what that does

evowrx']

[quote name='Noideawhatimdoing said:

as far as the turbo it seems to be a Vf23/22, is the Td05 much of an upgrade on those?

/quote]

Way easier to make an intake work or if you go to VF turbo just run a 90 deg bend on the front. If it was my car Id run the TD05 quarter the price of the VF and flow roughly the same just slower to spool maybe not with tuning. Not worth buying a VF if youre upgrading later to go post 220kw.

TD04 at 29psi would be losing power not gaining wouldnt it?

Subarus only a real mish when you start looking at anything further than stock sti heads. Well unless you bolt on massive m&h up pipes, ching T3/T4 and things like that and lets face it theres no shortage of those guys lol.

I do like the approach where you got a mad score and money isnt an issue.

Look on subaruspeed.co.nz they have seriously cheap strut sets.

Have to say Im more interested in the mitzi...at this point anyway.

Mitzi is well and truely gone sold that about 2 years ago now i also got that in a swap lol swapped a 1200 dollar bmw that owed me 300 dollars to a chap for a evod out lancer with a link, The link packed out second day i had it so i thought fuck it.

did everything i could do short of stroking it and doing bore stuff.

i didnt even get to finish it cause the mrs at the time was sick of me spending all my time/money on the car and not on her

Looks like a VF how many blades on the compressor? The sub TD are very dif to the evo ones.

Got pics/vids of the mitzi? Always been a fan of that shape. Wouldnt mind the half hatch type bloody light and fast.

evowrx said:

Looks like a VF how many blades on the compressor? The sub TD are very dif to the evo ones.

Got pics/vids of the mitzi? Always been a fan of that shape. Wouldnt mind the half hatch type bloody light and fast.

Couldnt tell you i still havent changed that mesh to a intake pipe lol. that will be tomoro as well ive got some pipe laying around and joiners.

And no sorry no pictures of the Lancer on this computer ill get some up for you at some stage ( currently at work )

B4 2000 has them. Seriously talk to someone/your tuner who know sub engines before buying cams, engine parts etc. Last thing you want is to take web advice then get to the dyno and find it doesnt perform at all because of one big detail. In no way is that pointed at you koom you a smart puppy. ;)

Tis all good dude. Its all a balancing act anyway. I bet you could give the same set of major parts to five different people and get five different results. Its all about making sure that everything is matched and can work together.

• Admin
 Noideawhatimdoing said:

anyone able to reccomend someone to make me up a set of cams? gonna gooo.. like 272? 260ex maybe less not sure

You really don\'t need cams unless you\'re dragging it all the time and/or running a good GT35 sized turbo. Plenty of people making 300kw or so with untouched heads.

My opinion only of course.... but why shift the powerband further right than you need to?

That\'s a heap of boost for a long time

Must be a good build then

Lucky for u man!

What is the plan now

Bigger turbo and retune to ensure safety?

This is a long thread but did u uncove what injectors it\'s running (must be big to support 28psi)

Also maybe spend on the drivetrain since the engine side seems good....

i still havent had a good look ill go check the injectors shortly ( i vaguely remember seeing yellow )

well since i found that out ill go bigger turbo cams injectors maybe and a retune oh and a nice EBC maybe HKS EVC

and for drive train all i have in mind at the moment is a decent HD clutch might swap to a later model gearbox 6spd if possible

I would still be pulling the heads to check before going bananas with it. If its not so awesome inside and you spend $ on a turbo then spit a chunk of piston thro it it\'ll hurt more than a Saturday making sure everythings all jake.