Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to clamp vacuum lines

shore_boy

Been looking for a solution for clamping my vacuum lines that are popping off causing my ECU to run extremely rich. The lines that are affected are the lines running from the map sensor to the solenoid and the solenoid to the manifold/boost gauge (t-piece).

My boost gauge has started to read incorrectly even though the car is reaching full boost and holding it, so i\'m thinking it\'s something to do with the lines. Gauge is the factory Lamco mounted just behind the steering wheel.

I have tried pinch type clamps and adjustable hose claps. Both are simply too big. Many people have suggested cable ties but if there is an alternative to this i\'d like to go that route.

Cheers.

Wrote that while you posted meant better than hose clamps not than cable ties. Like I said ties work fine for me at 22psi cant see you having an issue just get small ones like narva 56400/56300 I buy the 56400 bag of 100 always good to have spares. Wider ones dont work so well. Ive got 20x said new fuel clamps so why not lol.

• General Member

+1 for Cable tie club. I was always a touch skeptical if they were doing anything and maybe I was over thinking it but forgot to put one onf the wastegate line after my tubro swap, sure enough blew the line off mid session at the last playday.

New Cable tie and I was away for 3 more sessions at 20 PSI.

I don\'t use anything, never had an issue with lines popping off even the time I accidentally didn\'t hook any lines to the actuator and was spiking to 30psi none popped off.

Perhaps you need to be using smaller vacuum hose

Mine popped off whilst I was on the track and we called it a day after checking the plugs and fuel lines etc. When We got home I took the car for a drive with stock ecu in and noticed the boost gauge was not getting a correct vacuum reading at idle and then realised we had wasted almost a whole day :( only had two runs but hell was it fun!! Learnt a lot for the next time also!!

I think I\'ll go on the hunt for some fuel line clamps and replace a few of my hoses with silicone for the next time. Mine just look tired and It\'s not the best when working the car as hard as you do on the track.

I understand that cable ties are an easy option and as I mentioned earlier I\'ve been told not to stress it but each to their own. I don\'t want to take the chance. Hampton is a long way from home, and a trailer for the day is $100.

• General Member

I have some sillicone an some rubber hoses. As the rubber perishes i replace with sillicone because im to lazy to do them all at once.

I blew a line off on 16 psi after i had been driving for ages and put my foot down. Scary feeling when you pit your foot up it an you get that ugly miss and lack of boost.

Oh and last trackday i said about.

Johnnynz said:

I have some sillicone an some rubber hoses. As the rubber perishes i replace with sillicone because im to lazy to do them all at once.

I blew a line off on 16 psi after i had been driving for ages and put my foot down. Scary feeling when you pit your foot up it an you get that ugly miss and lack of boost.

Oh and last trackday i said about.

That "scary" feeling is exactly what I experienced! I just got a bad feeling about it straight away. Apparently the car was backfiring like crazy (flames almost a metre long) and it was just running terribly. Nice to just be going round with the car doing it\'s job.

Also the possumlink in there is so dependent on the map sensor everything and I mean everything was restricted and it was dumping fuel in to save the engine from running lean i\'m guessing?