Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

K-SPORT VS BUDDYCLUB

Alright people, i need advice, thoughts, experience and whatever else you can chuck in.

Im looking to get my B4 some adjustable suspensions and am looking at these two brands.

Any thoughts which is better and why?

So any feed back would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Guest STiEVO
 nztintin said:

k-sport = crap according to my flatmate who has them in his v7 sti.

could always have a chat to leo at redline and get some bc's (not buddyclub) they seem pretty cheap and according to leo they are good ;D

im sure bc and buddy are built in same factory just leave from opposite ends of the factory.

btw BUDDY ftw

• 2 weeks later...
 nztintin said:

k-sport = crap according to my flatmate who has them in his v7 sti.

could always have a chat to leo at redline and get some bc's (not buddyclub) they seem pretty cheap and according to leo they are good ;D

I'm running BC golds on my V2 WRX, very happy with the product haven't had any issues at all (been on my car for well over 6 months now) had a few intercity drives on my summer break this year where I really got to push it on some twisty roads, they really held up and did their job brilliantly :D, only thing I can say is that they are quite stiff even on the softest setting, especially if it's going to be your daily drive.

• 2 weeks later...

A mate had some buddyclub coilovers in his V7, they worked well but the rear couldn't be adjusted much lower than factory, there was plenty of thread left for adjustment but the bottom of the struts ended up hitting the CV when they were dropped slightly lower than factory.

He got them from a buddyclub dealer, they were definatly the right model (according to the dealer).

He was that unempressed he pulled them out and sold them!!

If your looking at BC's be careful about which spring rates you get, the older models used to come with 10kg front springs i.e HARD, REAL HARD

I've got Teins and I love them, they're rebuildable in nz too

Stoffa said:

A mate had some buddyclub coilovers in his V7, they worked well but the rear couldn't be adjusted much lower than factory, there was plenty of thread left for adjustment but the bottom of the struts ended up hitting the CV when they were dropped slightly lower than factory.

He got them from a buddyclub dealer, they were definatly the right model (according to the dealer).

He was that unempressed he pulled them out and sold them!!

If your looking at BC's be careful about which spring rates you get, the older models used to come with 10kg front springs i.e HARD, REAL HARD

I've got Teins and I love them, they're rebuildable in nz too

I also know of instances when later models are lowered significantly (sp) the CV hits the chaisis, not cool.

Well, i got them fitted and i would have to say that it is pretty stiff right now.

not sure what to make of it at the moment. My tires were getting sliced up by the guard from it being to low and asked the guy to raise it up. but dang! it is still stiff.

anyone recommend other places where i can get it adjusted?

Well, i have booked myself into mag & tyre to see if they can some how remedy the situation.

But then i also have the fustration with my rear guards STILL slicing into my wheels. I just want to get it certified then go and get a warrant and am thinking i will fail, as the shavings of the guard on my tyres are visible.