Kyleej15turbohelp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• General Member

I'm loving the enthusiasm and questions but yea slooooow down there buddy

back the truck up, put it in park and lurk moar

keep the mods simple, and yea sorry Steering wheel change is about as hard as "just slapping on a chur-bro" another whole bag of worms essentially

edit : spemd some time reading this link if you like

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/generalc

long winded list of do's and don't of what you can and cant change for a fail/wof etc

heres link specifically for steering whee/air bag removal

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/steering-and-suspension/steering-and-suspension-systems

Steering wheels

• the vehicle does not have an airbag installed as OE, and
  • the vehicle is not required to comply with a frontal impact occupant protection standard1. The following vehicles with a GVM of 2500kg or less are required to comply with such a standard:

– class MA motor vehicles manufactured from 1 March 1999, and

– class MA motor vehicles that were less than 20 years old when they were first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 April 2002, and

– class MB or MC motor vehicles manufactured from 1 October 2003, and

• the steering wheel is:

– a direct substitute without shaft modification, and

– a non-OE item of a reputable brand or an OE item from another vehicle.

1 A vehicle that cannot comply with this clause cannot be LVV certified unless it has been issued with an LVV authority card, or is at least 14 years old.

Edited by Joker

I dont why theres 4 odd threads on the same thing and thats fine. Then anything else not related to other threads gets removed. Where did the fun go? Seems a little less light hearted and retarded **** doesnt get slapped down maybe everyones gone dobc who knows.

Kyleej15turbohelp said:
Nah I booked it only 250$ as well but yea Allgood

Just a heads up, your car will get certed for the size rims you've got. So if you have 16's you'll always have to have 16's, unless you go for a recert. May want to hold off on changing certain things until you've got everything you want that would get certed ready and on the car.

• Admin

Well, heres the fun bit.

If you put tyres and camber on those rims that will fit under your car, you will fail the cert.

If you cert it without the wheels, you could get green stickered for having rims that don't match your cert.

Man, with all the coin you've already spent on it you probably could have insured a turbo.

• Admin

So $1500, plus $250 for the cert... = $1750

Or you could have bought an older WRX and used that $1750 to insure it.

EDIT: And it probably would have had mags, an exhaust and even an aftermarket steering wheel on it already...