Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

FPR mounting location

Just finishing up my split rail set up on the V4. At the point of mounting the rising rate. Just curious where other people have put theirs and what other peoples opinions are. Im finding it difficult to find a place. Rising rate has a gauge and car has frontmount cooler.

Just bolted mine up today. In place of the AC compressor, unfortunately this will only work if you don't have AC. I still have tmic so no room there.

57W4Z1V.jpg

Edited by Joker
added img tags

Yea thought that as i wrote but you know what i mean. Heavy for hanging off a flimsy junk metal bracket. Capper removed my gauge and put a bung in after he set pressure as had mine on one of the engine top side bellhousing bolt holes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when doing a split rail mod do your fuel lines need to be same length thus hindering the mounting options? I was wanting to mount to passenger strut tower but couldn't really see how I could with washer reservoir and fuel filter in that area? What pics have people got of theirs?

loner said:
The line length after the rails wouldn't matter probably. I think the spit fuel line thing is BS anyway.

The correct pump will prevent the last cylinder getting starved.

I reckon it was useful for the early side feed rails but for the later model ones (phase 2) and top feeds I'd guess that properly sized fuel lines run in series would be just as effective. The very early fuel rails forced the fuel to flow through each injector to get to the next, rather than being able to just flow past each injector relatively freely like a top feed rail will do.

And yeah, the line lengths won't matter too much as the pressure is equal in both legs.

Edited by Koom

STiNGR said:
Yup it's a tomei fpr with port at bottom and a side port and a gauge.

Wont matter then just run lines equal to tee.

Yea im thinking the same thing of late but why not if flipping mani or similar. If i bought a new age sti and ran stock location manifold id run stock lines.

• Admin
 STiNGR said:
So ya saying the feed and return lines can be any length?

Yes. In a closed system like this the pressure will be the same everywhere as long as there are no sudden and dramatic changes in diameter.

loner said:
The line length after the rails wouldn't matter probably. I think the spit fuel line thing is BS anyway.

The correct pump will prevent the last cylinder getting starved.

Actually the last cylinder is closest to the FPR and therefore has the most consistently regulated fuel pressure. The firing order is cylinders 13 then 24 which by no coincidence (imo) is the grouping of the injectors before the regulator.