Hayks

V7 STI hesitation

Hi all recently bought myself a new project, 02 STI prodrive and it drives amazingly handles well but its just missing the pull that i know it should have. At the moment its alot slower then my mrs BL5 GT on 17PSI. (The legacy is pretty quick for a legacy though) but it also feels abit lazy coming onto boost (lagy) and at part throttle has a hesitation around 3-4500rpm then starts to come online up over 4500rpm. Im going to chuck a boost gauge into the car to see what its running and i have checked for boost and vacuum leaks and tried another AFM. The plugs do need doing as far as im aware so will do those asap! Any ideas on what could be happening?

Maybe the suspension is super hard and so the car sits flat under acceleration... therefore just feels slow?

I had that happen to me when i bought my first V7 STI, After a simple oil change, the car performed flawlessly.

Na speedo climbs a fair bit slower then my old Type R integra did, oil is fresh fuel is fresh fuel filter is fresh 

Plugs getting done tonight 👍🏽 Will see how that goes if still not good then ill try sorce some coil packs. Anyone have any ideas on the lazy spooling of the turbo? No blown out gaskets so im wondering if the turbos worn out of tollerance? 

26 minutes ago, Hayks said:

Anyone have any ideas on the lazy spooling of the turbo? No blown out gaskets so im wondering if the turbos worn out of tollerance? 

Not too knowledgeable on this but could the catalytic converter could be blocked/buggered? Assuming you have cats...

My V7 Sti spools up full boost around 4k rpm and drops all the way from 18.5 psi to 12 psi, even 4k is later than most v7's iirc.

8 minutes ago, Subru said:

Not too knowledgeable on this but could the catalytic converter could be blocked/buggered? Assuming you have cats...

My V7 Sti spools up full boost around 4k rpm and drops all the way from 18.5 psi to 12 psi, even 4k is later than most v7's iirc.

Has no cats unless theres one in the up pipe? Im going to replace the stock up pipe and extractors with a twin scroll set up off a BL/BP legacy in the near future.

1 hour ago, Hayks said:

Na speedo climbs a fair bit slower then my old Type R integra did, oil is fresh fuel is fresh fuel filter is fresh 

Could be oil in the loom.

2 hours ago, Hayks said:

Has no cats unless theres one in the up pipe? Im going to replace the stock up pipe and extractors with a twin scroll set up off a BL/BP legacy in the near future.

That's a silly idea. The bl/bp have a different flange to the v8- sti and only fit smaller turbos than what you currently have. You want the v8- sti header and downpipe. 

Made some progress, new plugs helped another AFM helped aswell but i found my bov is only opening somtimes and when it does open there is no hesitation at all and drives fine but when it doesnt it stutters