FWD

madmike']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

isuzu Piazza um no

/quote]

You had a Piazza????

Turbo or non Turbo??

Non turbo

scary piece of crap would of killed myself in a turbo (as it was I farked myself up in it car vs van not good)

Got better after I fitted some new shocks and put 20 kgs of sand in the back

DRFVDR']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

isuzu Piazza um no

/quote]

You had a Piazza????

Turbo or non Turbo??

Non turbo

scary piece of crap would of killed myself in a turbo (as it was I farked myself up in it car vs van not good)

Got better after I fitted some new shocks and put 20 kgs of sand in the back

Ha Ha... Na the turbo ones are fun as hell!!!

I have one as a toy..

original idea was to have that as track/club car. But got the RS so there she sits.

Hasn't been out of the shed in 18 months...

Come to think of it i should pull her out and take her for a skid soon...

Call me old fashion'd, but i like a car that can steer AND go at the same time... :P

Having said that, some of the best fun i've had in a car was in a FWD (Honda City TURBO), mates old lady's car (when we were teenagers).

Feel sorry for whoever brought it though... :D

I don't mind them at all, I especially loved having a drive of my mates 232kw atw Nx, that thing was freaking fun as Koom will attest Im sure ;D..... Wheelspin at 2k, I loved it ;D Was something different to a 4wd which Im use to driving lol and it went very well on the track. We had some good battles against each other at Ruapuna.

6328_109317441228_547511228_2253775_4678

does your mate still own that nx? Its at my painters place in primer last time i was there, looks like a bit of a weapon! Mate of mine had same setup sr20det t3/4 turbo link ecu etc in a primera, frick it got some mean understeer on lol pretty much full lock around a gentle bend with ya foot right up it!

Yup it's still his, he only just got it painted very recently. Been a mix of primer/yellow for the last 3 or so years haha.

That sounds like a primera that was racing at Ruapuna at a trackday in May, there was a similar setup there which was silver with a very nice big shiny front mount. ;)

WRXER said:

I don't mind them at all, I especially loved having a drive of my mates 232kw atw Nx, that thing was freaking fun as Koom will attest Im sure ;D..... Wheelspin at 2k, I loved it ;D Was something different to a 4wd which Im use to driving lol and it went very well on the track. We had some good battles against each other at Ruapuna.

6328_109317441228_547511228_2253775_4678

That looks soooooo much better now its finally painted!

I couldn't stop giggling like a schoolgirl the whole time we were going around the track! It would torque steer from one side of the straight to the other as you exited the sweeper. F'n hilarious!

all the coool kids want to wear caps sideways and do mean drifties yo.

1 - All the crap jappers that mum n dad buy for their kids are FWD, so they want to be different.

2 - Cant have much fun in an underpowered FWD, yet a crappy 50kw toyota KE30 can still be fun to throw sideways at low speeds.

3 - FWD is only really fun when have lotsa power.

4 - you look like a tool doing a 1 wheel, FWD burnout.

5 - FWD is too hard to weld the diff up.

Best FWD i owned was a Renault R21 sport, or a Mazda eunos (upspec astina) 1800 dohc, but have driven a few starlets with some fairly good power - torque steer blows, and having no traction sucks ass.

In FWD's defence. My SPFI 1.8l FWD Legacy was the most fun ive ever had in any of my cars. In fact if i saw one for sale id buy another one.

Sure it only did 160kph and you had to really try hard to spin the 15's....but you just cant beat pulling the handbrake at 80kph

oooh, had glanza V(97 starlet) that was one sweet car, you could fang around all day everyday and you would still get 450kms out of a tank, 520kms if you were on low boost. it had adjusties and bucket seats, and man did it ride like it was on rails!!! was also good for keeping the fat chicks away, they couldnt get in the seats!!!

oh, and talk about power to weight!!! when i first picked it up, i drove it from wellington to auckland, took out an XR6 up a hill, and was still pulling hard!!! i would have another one in a heartbeat, wicked second car or daily driver!!! and sooooooo reliable!!!