2Smoke

GGA? Impreza questions - 00' Impreza wagon

Hey All,

I just picked up a new project from an insurance auction. It's a 2000 Impreza wagon. Being stolen recovered it has had it's build tag removed unfortunately. Took it for a quick drive last night after getting it going. Runs well so happy with that. Just had a few questions about it. Undecided as yet if i'm going to try and use it as a motor swap for my blown up gtb legacy, or autocross it.

Car is badge impreza 20k, would this be an EJ205 car? Any way to tell 205 from 207 visually? Reason I ask is the car came with a mismatched bumper (wrong colour, cut for a front mount) and there is a sticker for timing the car from the factory on underside of bonnet that only lists information for two STI models. Was just wondering if it could be a V7 wagon with the sti bumper pulled off by the idiots who stole it.

Cheers guys, any info appreciated.

Are you wondering if it's actually an STI rather than a 20K? Only the STI got the 207.

Pic of the engine bay?

EJ207 of that era will have intake AVCS (I think only some of the EJ205s got this, but could be wrong), red manifold, empty TGV shells on the intake runners, pink 565 top feed injectors, VF30 turbo, larger STI intercooler. There are probably some other differences that I don't know about.

Hey cheers for coming back. Yeah that is pretty much what I'm trying to work out, is it an STI possibly. The engine has intake AVCS, bolts on the intercooler are missing, so are the hose clamps on the small hoses off intercooler at front.  but rest of bay is very intact. Possibly intercooler was swapped. Pics below.

Bay2.jpg

Sticker.jpg

it's 100% a GGA. Not a GGB (STi). GGB also comes with a 6 speed manual transmission. You probably have a 5spd. 

• Like 1

99% sure that's a WRX. Non red manifold is a giveaway. 

See if you can work out what the turbo is too.

If it was an STI it would have some other dead giveaways like a 6 speed and STI interior bits.

EDIT: It may have had an STI bonnet put on it. STI bonnet should be alloy, I believe the others are steel?

• Like 1

Cheers guys, all top info. Will check the turbo after work. Bonnet is def alloy so looks like that's the only sti bit haha. 

Is indeed a 5 speed. Either way I'm happy. A complete wrx that seems to run ok for $675. Can't complain :)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 2Smoke said:

Cheers guys, all top info. Will check the turbo after work. Bonnet is def alloy so looks like that's the only sti bit haha. 

Is indeed a 5 speed. Either way I'm happy. A complete wrx that seems to run ok for $675. Can't complain :)

Wow that's cheap!

• Like 1

Just now, Technikhaus said:

Wow that's cheap!

I thought so too! Will keep an eye on those Manheim salvage auctions more often I think. Pretty lucky though, Suby wreckers must have slept in the morning of the auction lol.

• Like 1