Sign in to follow this  
Pedey

Is there a way to change the clock time?

Believe me, I've already spent some time trawling for an answer to this one... 

I have a BR9 2011 GT wagon with the McIntosh sound system and the time is completely wrong. I believe what's happening is that the car is taking its time from the GPS system and showing Japanese time, and won't allow me to change it using the little buttons next to the clock display on the dash. I've since been through every setting screen I can find with google tanslate but haven't been able to find anything. Has anyone had any success with this?

Thanks for your help!

Shot in the dark but you might find a menu in there like the 4th gens to turn off the GPS clock

I have found that option yes but from what I can tell all it does is stops the time from displaying on the main navi screen. The difference with the newer car is that they have a more traditional LCD screen at the top of the dash that displays the time — even has the old school little H and M buttons for changing the time, but they do nothing. 

• Sad 1

There is one way... puke the battery and see what it resets too.  Hopefully it’s 12 hour so pull the battery and reconnect at 12.

is there a 3rd button on the left side to hold to make the H and M buttons work?

20 hours ago, Gripless said:

There is one way... puke the battery and see what it resets too.  Hopefully it’s 12 hour so pull the battery and reconnect at 12.

is there a 3rd button on the left side to hold to make the H and M buttons work?

Yea I could see what happens pulling the battery, though I suspect it'll just reconnect to GPS, but will see! 

No, there's not another button I can see.

Ahh, my Leaf is similar, and for that reason we just disconnected the GPS antennae so that it wouldn't re-sync.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

Ahh, my Leaf is similar, and for that reason we just disconnected the GPS antennae so that it wouldn't re-sync.

Oh yea, that's a good idea. So you just pulled the stereo unit out and found which one was the GPS antenna?

5 hours ago, Pedey said:

Yea I could see what happens pulling the battery, though I suspect it'll just reconnect to GPS, but will see! 

Unless you have a CD/DVD with map loader in the unit you'll end up with a sweet as message in Japanese politely asking you to insert one...