Jump to content
Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $0.00

Aliexpress random parts


Gripless

Recommended Posts

 

Ok so searching for some parts I found other random items, the cover I wanted but he other MAF blank plate I couldn’t find

 

center console sliding cover $24 shipped
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005912313226.html


alternator pulley dress up cover $50

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005523118969.html


brake booster stop $60

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005666874166.html


short gear shift $55
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002466624862.html


cam tools

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002906222456.html

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin

Cam tools are good to have. I got a set from TM in a hurry that'll surely be aliexpress quality but still work as intended without the massive markup from real brands 

 

That brake booster bracket could be a good way to go. I tried hacking up a cusco one to fit past my WG actuator but never quite worked

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found NZ post seems to hold items a few days and puts them into a single bigger bag for courier to deliver. Previously 4-10 days was normal, now it’s 7-12 days.


tempted by the short shifter but it’s pretty short from factory. I do miss the cable shifter as you can raise them up so they are close to the steering wheel and keep the same throw.

 

All I got was the sliding cover since one wrecker wanted $175 for whole console!

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

thats some nice finds. might need to get the pulley cover myself.. was going to DIY one with some alum sheets i got ages ago but been on the backburner for years 🙃 if someone gets the short shifter, would be keen on reviews.. not sure how much better it gets but as you say does feel pretty short already from factory. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
1 hour ago, Batbaruman said:

thats some nice finds. might need to get the pulley cover myself.. was going to DIY one with some alum sheets i got ages ago but been on the backburner for years 🙃 if someone gets the short shifter, would be keen on reviews.. not sure how much better it gets but as you say does feel pretty short already from factory. 

 

I've got a mint condition black grimmspeed one I'll be parting ways with very shortly since it doesn't work with reverse manifold

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not ashamed to admit that I bought one of the knockoff turbo blankets off AliExpress last year. Smoked a bit to start off with but hasn't caught fire or anything yet. The only negative  is that it doesn't cover the inlet to the turbo very well. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33000085676.html

 

I also bought some snazzy Subaru logo valve caps too

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Boltonator said:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I bought one of the knockoff turbo blankets off AliExpress last year. Smoked a bit to start off with but hasn't caught fire or anything yet. The only negative  is that it doesn't cover the inlet to the turbo very well. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33000085676.html

 

I also bought some snazzy Subaru logo valve caps too

Most brands are made in China anyway.

often they skip some finishing  steps. Could be they skipped a chemical wash or final bake to save money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 9/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, Gripless said:

Most brands are made in China anyway.

often they skip some finishing  steps. Could be they skipped a chemical wash or final bake to save money.


That or failing some form of quality control. I've purchased a few things as tests that look identical as other ones I've already had besides casting damage etc

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...