Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Parts guys.

Any one have crazy stories of fighting with parts guys to get stuff for your stuff?

Sent my missus in to get four 12mm bolts for flex plate to torque converter. Have ended up with eight being imported from Japan I think. Eight because the book says so.

Guest boostcut
 catsoup said:

Any one have crazy stories of fighting with parts guys to get stuff for your stuff?

Sent my missus in to get four 12mm bolts for flex plate to torque converter. Have ended up with eight being imported from Japan I think. Eight because the book says so.

so whats the crazy story? dont send a woman to do a mans job?

Koom said:

Ordered a "rebuild kit" for some 4-pots on the account. Was told this would have to be ex-Japan. Seemed weird but not surprising. Ended up with a pair of brand new 4-pots that couldn't be returned ???

hope you got them for the same price as the rebuild kit :D

-smurff

smurff']

[quote name='Koom said:

Ordered a "rebuild kit" for some 4-pots on the account. Was told this would have to be ex-Japan. Seemed weird but not surprising. Ended up with a pair of brand new 4-pots that couldn't be returned ???

/quote]

hope you got them for the same price as the rebuild kit :D

-smurff

Hell no! Was an expensive rebuild kit! But was for one of the rally cars so brand new was a good-ish option anyway.

Ordered once a Header tank for a 1UZ motor in a Soarer, was about $600 ex japan. Plus priced up a few other things for a 1UZ race motor we were building. Few days later get rung up for a deposit for the parts on ordered. So head down to put some money down, got told i had to put about $8000 down to order parts. WTF!!! ask what they were ordering, Complete 1UZ long block RRP $21000.

After a abit of a heart attack and a few laughs it was sorted and my Header tank was on order.

2 months later got rung up for my header tank, go down to pick up, all good.

3 Weeks later got rung up again from dealer telling me my new Long Block has come in!!!!!!

Toyota really do care!!!

All I wanted was the accalerator cable haha, had one from a v3 sti in my car and if anyone knows my wrx its far from stock. They wouldn't give it to me the one I wanted and wanted the chassis code, of course it came up as a v1 wrx. And as I was trying to explain to them why it wouldn't fit and why I wanted a v3 one I was just hitting blank looks... Ended up just giving up , getting a cheap one from a wrecker and modifying it to fit haha.

wanted a part for a seat base for a Isuzu truck,Isuzu said sorry can only get whole base,I said but the parts book shows seperate components, they still said sorru only complete base, I said ok but I wont pay any more than that part worth ........

So what turns up was the Part I wanted I guess they were available

it frustrates me when trying to get a part and they want the chassis number. . . the motor isnt from that chassis, so the part may be wrong!! just get me the part that i want! i generally always have a part number with me. . .

only had this problem at winger, the Holden dealership i go to are really good, even if i dont have the number for something, they will help me find it in there manual thingies

-smurff

yer i cant wait for this one mine.. v3 shell, v3 heads and v5 shortblock...

adding to the confusion is the fact the v3 sti has two different types of heads.. as i found out at rebuild time when i needed rocker cover gaskets.. there are two types :o

so just recently i went in and said i need x part number for my rocker cover (was leaking) and the guy proceeded to tell me that he wanted the car tag numbers and this and that bullshit.. when i knew what i wanted..

I told him there were two types and i wanted this one.. guy said "no theres not.. "then looking in his computer and sheepishly backtracked once he realised that i was right, there were two types and i had the right one

Thanks ARMstrongs.. ;)

Haha yeah, Wingers was like that when I wanted a headlight bulb for my V2 RA. Told them that they need a OEM

Subaru Bulb. Couldnt Convince him otherwise even when given part number. Gave up and just got 2 normal V2 highlights from wreakers.

Guess if its not on the computer is doesnt exist right????

You lot are speaking to the wrong people then. I just give a quick explanation of my setup and then say what part I need. They are quite understanding and find the right part easily.

I went into Subaru for some genuine leads - got quoted $133

Then I went down to the road to Repco (where I had rung a few days earlier and got quoted $90), I went in and asked what they could do me a set for.

Funny thing is, the fella who gave me a quote at Subaru was at Repco on his lunch break. And the Repco fella and I went outside to match up the right ones, he knew I'd been to Subaru and asked what they quoted, I told him $133.

So then when we went inside and he said that'll be $133 thankyou..

So I said no thankyou, I was told $90 on the phone and got them for $90, quite easily.

It was a good try on his behalf but seriously, he could of been a bit more intelligent about it and not have tried selling them at the exact price! Even if he'd said $130 it might of been more believable haha

boostin said:

You lot are speaking to the wrong people then. I just give a quick explanation of my setup and then say what part I need. They are quite understanding and find the right part easily.

Yep, i make sure i talk to the right people. Haven't had this problem in ages.

Having worked temporarily in the parts department of a Motor Bike shop a couple of months ago, I can say its a bloody mission trying to find the exact part someone wants. Computer systems a average and when you don't have an infinite knowledge on that year model and sub model things can get quite challenging. But yea no excuse if you have been working there for ages!

If thats the guy at the counter, hes a bit of a prick, every time i go in there he shows no expression and gives short sharp answers and doesn't call you once parts arrive....hehe rant over, sorry if hes a friend of yours.