Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brake pads

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 above otherwise if u are looking at more trackwork then I'd recommend ts2000's. Use to use Bendix Ultimates then upgraded to Ts2000's and haven't looked back for good street/track pad.

Used Ebcs once and they were crap.

How do you find the TS2000's when they're cold?

I ran some in my Commodore a few years back and found they were great with some heat in them but pretty weak when cold.

Mine stopped really well cold, maybe not quite as sharp as the ultimates but still better than most. Using the past tense as ive just discovered theyre gone....10,000km and one track day and im down to the metal. I would bitch and moan but by god the car stopped well for those 10,000

Never had any issues when cold personally, and been using them exlusively for 3 years. Now onto Project Mu pads, but a full set cost me and arm and a leg to use in conjunction with semi-slicks. Well worth it, but wouldn't recommend if you are only doing the odd trackday here and there.

boostcut said:

endless = endless problems

strange to hear that..... out of all the race pads I have tried, Endless are definately the best, and are the only pads that actually stay consistant even when they are quite worn (and they dont break up and crumble either like some other overpriced pads I have used ::)).

I dont know how you got TS2000's for $160....can you get me some? Mine cost $230 all up from Race Brakes....and that was the cheapest i could find. Ultimates were close behind at $210. Seems pads for the 2pot calipers are a lot cheaper.

I've always found racebrakes over priced plus with shipping added in comparison to the local places I goto here in chch, I paid the same u did initially from racebrakes also.

I thought it was a little steep to be honest so just went into my local BNT store, told the guy I'd be using them for trackwork and he said he do them for a deal 160+gst. ;) I was stoked, I'll go back again as I haven't put in a new set for a while and get a price. Beginning of the year was the last time I got a set before changing to project mu's, and with this recession prices can change.

Oops yes $160+gst for fronts sorry, and good plus non-dusty I haven't found. Bendix Ultimates weren't bad at all, but found them to be very very dusty in comparison to ts2000's.

Personally I've never had any issues with ts2000's, or even ultimates. Might have to replace a set of rotors every year but usualy u can up a set of rotors for pretty cheap. My brembo rotors I was able to score for $50 2nd hand, lasted me a year and multiple trackdays.

keltik said:

I dont know how you got TS2000's for $160....can you get me some? Mine cost $230 all up from Race Brakes....and that was the cheapest i could find. Ultimates were close behind at $210. Seems pads for the 2pot calipers are a lot cheaper.

If you can tell me what you need, I'll ask them for prices when I ask them for myself.

I'll be pricing up a pair for 4 pots and a pair for rear single pots.

SpotMe']

[quote name='keltik said:

/quote]

If you can tell me what you need, I'll ask them for prices when I ask them for myself.

I'll be pricing up a pair for 4 pots and a pair for rear single pots.

Yea about how much are the single pot rear pads? mine are very low lol

Honestly just play my game, try a few places and say you can get it for this price from so and so after they give u an initial price. Usually it works quite well with anything like tyres, pads etc. And you can get it to a really good price I find.

What can I say ?

Some great advice here.

;)

Ultimates are good enough for most people.

TS2000 the next step up.

My last set from Racebrakes April 09 was $230 delivered.

Previously they were under $200.

As Wrxer sez, shop around.

keltik;

You had a Calibra ???

:D

Yup I did, it was an amazing car, one of my favourite cars ive owned. Had the redtop Cosworth motor in it. Stupidly fast. Had a 260kph speedo in it and some other goodies on the engine, but it got absolutely undie-ruining scary after 200. Plus the rear tires only lasted 6 months and the camber wasnt adjustable. Everything was in German, parts were impossible to get and NOBODY could work with the Bosch ECU. It wouldnt start one morning so i bought the GT30.

pic00103.jpg

Back on topic tho, Ive noticed the TS2000's arent as dusty as the ultimates. Maybe its because the dust mine made is a nice light brown compared to the nasty black from Bendix pads.