• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

More soft STI's

newsuba

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case closed - Subaru guilty as charged - something for all the performance wagon fans...

http://img.worldcarfans.com/2009/10/large/5025420.jpg

No one ever said that football mamas can't get around quickly and have fun at the same time. Least of all Subaru. In revealing the 7-seat concept Exiga at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show the brand gave the market such a potential car but it seems at some point this wasn't enough and so a decision was taken to liven things up even more.

Enter the new Exiga "2.0GT tuned by STI", a customised version currently exhibiting at the 41st Tokyo Motor Show. As the name suggests Subaru Tecnica International (STI) took it under its wing and changed a few things. Upgrades featured include an STI front spoiler, STI springs, torsion bar, strut bar, sports muffler and 17-inch alloy wheels, also from STI.

Inside a combination of alcantara and leather seats - just like in the Impreza STI hatch - should bring out not just style but a sporty feeling from the occupants. The driver has a MOMO steering wheel to play with, as well as a red engine Start/Stop button. The automatic gear lever is adorned with an STI logo.

Unfortunately not every soccer mama or daddy will get their grubby hands on it; production is being limited to only 300.

yeah well newsuba, thats your opinion, and i respect it, but i disagree, i love the look of the hatch (also love the mazda 3 mps which IMO looks similar) and i like that pic!

as for the wagon, (and the auto STI hatch that started this thread) it sounds like subaru is putting an STI badge on everything to make them appear more sporty, and while i dont like the STI badge being watered down, i can see where they are going, i just wish they would make up a new "sporty" kind of badge. like audi has done with its range, you have the 'A' series for the everyday drivers, the 'S' series for the sporty crowd and then 'RS' for the balls to the wall, insane, performance-loving crowd.

BUT, if that wagon had all the proper STI goodies, it sure would be tempting. just because you have a family shouldnt mean you cant let loose once in a while, plus, there has been an STI impreza wagon for years, this will obviously be a bit bigger but im glad to see they are not just giving all the young childless ones all the fun.

To be honest, I nearly brought a New STi at start of this year, only thing that stop me was i didn want to put up with the gf nagging about driving a manual in brisbane city. (I ended up with a '09 Honda Civic R) which is auto but has fancy paddle shift hehe.

I didnt want to downgrade to a normal WRX after owning a few STi's, but if it came in an auto, I would of brought it for the gf and waited a little longer to buy my STi (which going to plan will be around tax refund time next year.)

Only thing bad about this if its not a Dual-clutch or some other fancy F1 type greabox like whats in the EVO or the likes. Thats the real issue here

Sounds like Subaru has a few spare Autos in stock and reckon that they put them in the STi to get rid of them

Agree, that horrible car has been made even more horrible.

I'd like the chance to drive one of the new STis. I've only been passenger - felt empty and tinny, soulless. Both the STi auto and the Spec C RA-R. They'd BETTER be better in the drivers seat, because dear god if they aren't... I'd be stuck with my GC8 for eternity.

• General Member
 Shale said:

I'd like the chance to drive one of the new STis. I've only been passenger - felt empty and tinny, soulless. Both the STi auto and the Spec C RA-R. They'd BETTER be better in the drivers seat, because dear god if they aren't... I'd be stuck with my GC8 for eternity.

Nothing wrong with the GC8 8)

Johnnynz']

[quote name='Shale said:

/quote]

Nothing wrong with the GC8 8)

People would have you believe otherwise, particularly in reference to mine. But eh... heavy steering and no body roll on a 1160kg car...who's complaining? Not me. ;D

Newsuba - Exiga is Japan's smaller-than-the-behemoth-of-a-tribeca people mover, isn't it? They seem to enjoy modifying the shit out of them there.

Shale said:

By jingo you can talk smack with the best of them!

To me the exiga looks like a long ass Toyota wingroad or something. Fugly like the new Legacy. Better have some good go fast goodies to make up for it

Cant you just roll children up in carpet and sling em in the boot of an outback? I didnt realise that was the STI special version - i thought they all looked like that

Whats the problem here? so what they finally put an auto in there highest spec WRX, reason why? because evo X comes with what is paramount to a auto (ok its a automated manual), and it sells well in that form. I dont know about you but the majority of BRAND NEW STI owners ive seen are over 45 and they like autos because to be honest manuals suck in peak hour traffic. i bet if subaru had a semi auto box at it would be in a sti, but it would need to be a one off project $$$$$$ unlike mitsi who uses getrag adapted to there application