• Raised $0.00

More soft STI's

newsuba

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dubbedup said:

only time will tell, i know for sure i wouldnt buy anything newer than Version 8, they look like camrys and focus's, altho im liking the look of the concept 2 door hatch....

not true.. v9 looks the same as 8 and has nice geometry up front (maybe also the rear) and i think IMO the v10 is the sexiest looking of the GD's

the so called v11 is a dogs breakast / abomination however... and the 2010/11 legacies even worse.. its all gone to Sh|t

funkytown said:

the so called v11 is a dogs breakast / abomination however... and the 2010/11 legacies even worse.. its all gone to Sh|t

My point exactly. ;)

You don't spend years and years building a market profile as a manufacturer that makes balls out hi-po, light weight performance cars, only to start making overweight generic shitters...

That's like Toyota suddenly deciding to make high powered performance vehicles with shitty reliability...

dubbedup said:

is V9 the same as 8? yeah i like that shape jsut not the hawk eyed front onwards then.....

yup 9 has the slight raised profile over the rear wheel arch, and moved to 114.3 pcd. Also got revised front sub frame like the V 8 spec C, not what the straight V8 got.

other than that pretty much identical.

Problem(s) are:

power, weight, looks, and stoopid electronic junk.

When subaru produced a smallish, 4dr vehicle with 200odd kW turbo motor and 4WD that weighed around 1200-1300kg, they had a GOOD product.

Now, they still produce a vehicle that makes approx 200oddkW, and is 4WD but, it's full of pointless electronic crap and has grown a huge middle age beer gut.

While this would still be appealing to people who don't want raw performance, or a proper drivers car, it is available to them from other, much better priced vehicles...

Shale said:

I'd say so. Why be special when you can be meeediooooocre...

DPI's little explosion. I agree with it 101%.

Ill try to be diplomatic here, as I dont really want to spend the rest of eternity having every post of mine checked by the moderators.

However, owning a bargain basement GC8 and never having owned an STi or even a WRX I feel that you are hardly qualified to offer an opinion on this matter.

Thanks.

wow, lovin the banter, so i am just gonna throw some kero' on it by saying i think the sti hatch is one of the sexiest looking cars around (the flared wheel arches which gives it a fat, squat stance and makes it stand out from the ugly ass stock WRX version, thats what does it for me). but then i absolutely love the look of the bc5, and all my friends think its ugly as! which makes me love it more!!! so please keep telling me its ugly, it makes me want one more!!!

i do admit though, im not a fan of a lot of electronic gadgetry (hence why i agree whole-heartedly with the STI auto being an abomination) but im sure that there are some techies out there working to make a mod chip to make the stuff work properly, or switch it off completely. as we all know, the computers these cars have in them for engine management are not all that great, thats why we upgrade!!!

DPI']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

My point exactly. ;)

You don't spend years and years building a market profile as a manufacturer that makes balls out hi-po, light weight performance cars, only to start making overweight generic ****ters...

That's like Toyota suddenly deciding to make high powered performance vehicles with ****ty reliability...

haha point a mod stick at a gtt caldina and things turn pear shaped pretty quick from what ive heard

funkytown']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

is V9 the same as 8? yeah i like that shape jsut not the hawk eyed front onwards then.....

/quote]

yup 9 has the slight raised profile over the rear wheel arch, and moved to 114.3 pcd. Also got revised front sub frame like the V 8 spec C, not what the straight V8 got.

other than that pretty much identical.

V9 got more grunt too.

206kW/412Nm compared to the V8's 206kW/394Nm.

newsuba said:

All you new Subaru apologists should look at the latest sales figures from across the Tasman.

From Wheels magazine November 2009;

September Impreza sales dropped by 60% compared to August.

'nuff said !

:P

All that shows is that the taste of our Aussie brethren is steadily getting worse.

Besides loving Shannan Noll, having a shit rugby team and being one of the most racist countries in the world we now also know that they are a bunch of JD-swilling boguns who only drive V8s!!

Seriously, the new impreza is a dog but the jury will be out when the STi becomes more commonly modified.

If they make a "spec C" then DPI will have to change his mind. Surely.

Rossmnz']

[quote name='newsuba said:

All you new Subaru apologists should look at the latest sales figures from across the Tasman.

From Wheels magazine November 2009;

September Impreza sales dropped by b]60%[/b] compared to August.

'nuff said !

:P

All that shows is that the taste of our Aussie brethren is steadily getting worse.

Besides loving Shannan Noll, having a **** rugby team and being one of the most racist countries in the world we now also know that they are a bunch of JD-swilling boguns who only drive V8s!!

Seriously, the new impreza is a dog but the jury will be out when the STi becomes more commonly modified.

If they make a "spec C" then DPI will have to change his mind. Surely.

I don't even like the V8, V9 or V10 spec C's as they went softer year by year (as well as heavier and heavier).

They could make a V11 STI RA Spec C I've got a Huge C0CK Edition for all i care, i still wouldn't buy one unless they dropped about 3-400kg and radically altered the body shape, removed all the useless electrickery devices (like Stoopid Idiot drive)... ;)

I love the shape of them, far better than ANY GDB (other than the spec C Ra V7 coz we all know they the besterest subaru EVAR haha).

Didn't subaru make a name for themselves in the US as a good solid reliable car, when we got GC8 STi's they all got RS25's etc. Not really Hi-Po by any stretch.

TURTLE said:

I love the shape of them, far better than ANY GDB (other than the spec C Ra V7 coz we all know they the besterest subaru EVAR haha).

Didn't subaru make a name for themselves in the US as a good solid reliable car, when we got GC8 STi's they all got RS25's etc. Not really Hi-Po by any stretch.

USDM models = crap... :P

BC5RA']

[quote name='DPI said:

USDM models = crap... :P

/quote]

That may be so, but they made a name for themselves without the use of the HI-PO models.

Just making a point you may well have missed with your eyepatch on.

A very good point Mr L.

May i run my hands through your hair.