Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stop a TradeMe scammer! - 29/11/09 Car inspected in person!

Simon C

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 DPI']

[quote name='the_return_of_the_jedi said:

It has STI engraved in the keys as well so that confirms above.

lol so if i get they key does that mean my VZ legacy is an sti?

:D

/quote]

damn mine is korean!

Only if it is the Special Singapore fried rice model...

damn mine is korean!

the_return_of_the_jedi']

[quote name='the_return_of_the_jedi said:

It has STI engraved in the keys as well so that confirms above.

lol so if i get they key does that mean my VZ legacy is an sti?

:D

/quote]

damn mine is korean!

Only if it is the Special Singapore fried rice model...

damn mine is korean!

You mean, it's a dog?

I sent him an email as an 'interest buyer'

here is his reply - and his cell number lol

Hi mate,

Just replying to the message that you sent me about the car. As stated in the auction I had one guy that came to look at it that claimed that he used to work in Singapore and this is the way they came out. I am rather confused though and the reality is what this guy is telling me is true, or the previous owner in Singapore spent 10 - 15k putting sti parts into a wrx and converting it. It has a 5 speed gearbox though whereas most japan ones are 6 speed although i do notice there is another blue one on trademe that has a 5 speed box. Either way this car has had a lot of money spent on it. I bought it from the importer around 3 months ago as it was running rough and had been broken into and the ignition busted. I am a small time car dealer myself. I bought it and took it to my mechanic that I work alongside at Sooper Subaru. The car was analysed and pluged into the computer at SubLab to find the faults. It needed a new airflow meter, o2 sensor and a few other sensors. It then got a full service after this. I then got a good cash deal at GCP and spent 3k putting a link G3 computer in the car to get it running mint. It has very low Ks and is a really nice car and you can be ensured the KMs are genuine as they are checked when the car comes into the country when it recieves thorough VTNZ compliance checks. It has only done around 1500kms since getting compliance so it will fly through a VTNZ or AA check as these checks are nowhere near as intense as the compliance checks. I do highly recommend getting a VTNZ or AA check done though as I definantly would myself before spending this amount of money.

The plate number is FCA216 if you go onto www.carjam.co.nz and type it in and pay $11 it will bring up all the information about the car. You will notice on there that the wof has just expired but I will be taking it to get a new wof probably on monday after my university exam.

I see that you live rather far away. Are you considering shipping the car or flying up to get it? If you want to fly up I could probably sort out meeting you at the airport or something. Anyway let me know what you think and we'll go from here. Let me know when you can book in a vtnz check.

I will try and track down the mechanics details from trademe that came to look at it.

Keep me posted and let me know what you think. I am open to cash offers and will sell this car to the first best cash offer hopefully before the auction closes.

Talk soon, Jed

Swindog said:

I sent him an email as an 'interest buyer'

here is his reply - and his cell number lol

Hi mate,

The plate number is FCA216 if you go onto www.carjam.co.nz and type it in and pay $11 it will bring up all the information about the car. You will notice on there that the wof has just expired but I will be taking it to get a new wof probably on monday after my university exam.

I see that you live rather far away. Are you considering shipping the car or flying up to get it? If you want to fly up I could probably sort out meeting you at the airport or something. Anyway let me know what you think and we'll go from here. Let me know when you can book in a vtnz check.

I will try and track down the mechanics details from trademe that came to look at it.

Keep me posted and let me know what you think. I am open to cash offers and will sell this car to the first best cash offer hopefully before the auction closes.

Talk soon, Jed

He better not be in any of my classes/doing same degree as me as I have an exam then too.

Ill look out for the car at Uni, will give him a good talking to if I do see him hahaha

Right, I've written to Subaru Singapore. There will be no comeback for him from this. I've given them his chassis number too, and asked for them to check if the car was ever sold in Singapore. Cars are so expensive in Singapore that I'm sure it has a Subaru Singapore service history, which should have the true mileage recorded up to a point.

BC5RA said:

Anoraks.

Anorak (slang)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In British slang an anorak (pronounced /ˈænəræk/) is a person, usually male, who has a very strong interest, perhaps obsessive, in niche subjects. This interest may be unacknowledged or not understood by the general public.

Although the term is often used synonymously with geek, it suggests a greater degree of social awkwardness, isolation, and obsessiveness.

The guy is an ARSEH0LE, he knows damn well its a WRX, what's more a WRX that was a total PIG when he brought it 3 months ago.

Add to this, he keeps stressing the point that it is low km's, but is it really?

The low km STI dash was fitted in Singapore, but how many k's had the car done?

It's a 2003, mine was a 2002, mine had done 60,000 when it came in and it spent 1 year less in Japan than this did in Singapore.

Most 2003's coming in the country have done between 70-120,000km's and look as tidy as this one.

Yes, i know the cost of owning and driving in Singapore is high, but that doesn't really matter...it's like saying how are you going to afford to fuel your new Veyron, if you can afford the car, you can drive it.

So, he's really selling a car with a questionable km history, that came into the country highly modded but with all the parts taken off and running like ****, been patched up here for a quick sale...oh, and it's just a boring old WRX , with factory motor, factory 5sp, factory brakes and some used STI shocks. Sounds less apealing than one that you could buy anywhere in NZ for 13-14,000.

TOTAL SCAM ::)

*According to a subaru mechanic that viewed it from last listing this is a Singapore Spec sti. Slightly different to Japan. It was imported from Singapore....

according to a subaru mechanic my car can fly over the moon and back... he should have proof before saying that

SPANKU said:

*According to a subaru mechanic that viewed it from last listing this is a Singapore Spec sti. Slightly different to Japan. It was imported from Singapore....

according to a subaru mechanic my car can fly over the moon and back... he should have proof before saying that

Well...does your Key ring have a picture of a car shooting over the moon or not?

MOre emails from him so more inside goss.

My reply to the previous email...

Hi,

Ive been doing some reasearch into this. So you believe it is an STi? Nothing i can find states anything about Subarus coming out of Singapore like this. My next step is finding out from Subaru Japan what the go is.

I know that no Subs are built in Singapore so my inital thoughts are its a non-Sti Wrx thats has bits and pieces swapped onto it. That would then make me think about the dash thats in it. If this has been swapped before it arrived in the country then theres no way to test for wound odometers and that would legally make the kms on the dash correct but incorrect for the actual chassis kms if you understand that?

I can see why the other people on the auction are funny about it. I think its more the way you have listed it stating it is an STI when its probably apparent to most its not.

It doesnt have the usual STi parts that they have for this model. Combined with that, and no information to support a 'Singapore' model I myself am dubious about buying it but i will do the leg work anyway just to check.

His reply to the above -

Hey mate,

Thats fine with me. I am just going by what I am told. I'm not told. If you search subaru sti on wikipedia it will tell you a bit about how they differ around the different countries ie in the USA the V8s come out in 2.5 L again. It briefly mentions the singapore spec stis on there but does not go into any detail. After examining this car the only sti thing it doesnt appear to have is the 6 speed gearbox. But if you notice there is another sti on trademe with just the 5 speed. If you look on carjam it will confirm it is from singapore.

Either way because I am not 100% certain on the information that I have been given that is why I have listed it cheap. When the car comes for compliance they check that the kms and dash havnt been tampered with. It also has sti keys which would be a bit of a wierd thing to do if you just wanted to convert it to a sti. But as I say there is a possibilility it is infact a heavily modded wrx. But is very reasonably priced. Let me know what you think anyway. I have two people coming to view this afternoon. I will then be away from wedsnesday arvo to sat am. But if you want a vtnz check during this time I will try organise my brother to be home. Keep me posted anyway. Will probably have it sold by the weekend if all goes well.

Cheers

AND i found this on the internet

relating to the different models of WRX in the world.

Asia-spec

Depending on the country, one may be able to buy either Oceania-spec, Europe-spec or US-spec WRXs. There are no models unique to the Asian market outside Japan

In 2001, most of Asia, Oceania and Europe received the new STi. The engine was detuned to meet emission standards. Engine output was variously rated from 265 PS (195 kW; 261 hp) to 280 PS (210 kW; 280 hp) depending on market

Mattyc said:

off with his head... what a travesty!!!

Almost as bad as the HX-20 Sti :P

How did we ever get along without you? Someone with a real STi race for pinks yo!

Doesnt matter to him. Its just a standard gdb 03 wrx non sti with sti bits. Sure it came in the country with the sti dash but how do you knw the chassis has done the kms said onthe dash itself? you cant. All hes gone off is the fact it was proved not to be tampered with hence why he is saying the km are genuine when they really arent, its just a certed aftermarket dash.