Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stop a TradeMe scammer! - 29/11/09 Car inspected in person!

Simon C

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i kinda dont get how he makes a point of mentioning everything is STi this, STi that.

Surely if it is an STi then this is normal, not something to list in the auction lol.

[offending line removed - 3rd warning]

If it was a wrx with lots of upgrades cool.

Surely he can see this points him out as a faker?

Any chance you guys who screw this website thingamy together could add a feature whereby members who see something like this could post it and a notice email or link goes out to users?

That way, we could at least be sure no-one on here ends up getting scammed...

DPI said:

Any chance you guys who screw this website thingamy together could add a feature whereby members who see something like this could post it and a notice email or link goes out to users?

That way, we could at least be sure no-one on here ends up getting scammed...

Cool idea!

Boo hoo, i've been blacklisted :'(

Here is the original listing of the WRX...

Subaru Impreza WRX 5spd 2003

$1 RESERVE

PRIVATE SALE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS

PLEASE READ ALL THE AUCTION DETAILS BEFORE BIDDING.

Auction for a 2003 Subaru WRX 5 speed

- usual WRX features

- has had some STI upgrades

- STI Bonnet Scope

- Upgraded Spoiler

- Aftermarket 17inch Alloys lot of thread on it (approx 80%)

- STI dash

- Factory WRX seats

- Maybe STI suspension see pic (its pink)

- interior & exterior good condition apart from details listed below

IMPORTANT FACTS:

- Car was imported from Singapore and has been complied. It also needed Engineers Certification at compliance which was all done hence it got the WOF which expires Sept 09

- Engine CHECKLIGHT is on the car RUNS ROUGH. Turbo seems to kick in sometime and sometimes it doesnt.

- This car was going to be base for my own project car (hence wasnt worried about engine but have no time anymore with new job)

- From initial looks and testdrive by my mechanic it seems that the car had been modified before and now the aftermarket bits in the engine have been pulled out before import hence it may be missing some sensors, connection etc which could be the reason its running rough

- unfortunately it got broken into last week, passenger window smashed and ignition barrel smashed hence another reason for sale now as well

-it will cost $270 for new plates and 6 months rego if needed to be put on the road.

- this car will be suited to a person who has got mechanical knowledge and knows about Subaru's as it may require a bit of work on the engine to get it running smooth.

- has flat battery

ANY INSPECTION IS WELCOME BUT ALL HAS TO COMPLETED BEFORE AUCTION ENDS.

TEST DRIVE ,VIEW AVAILABLE IN THE WEEKEND 8TH ,9TH OF AUGUST UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT.

CAR WILL BE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS PLEASE VIEW AND INSPECT TO YOU OWN SATISFACTION.

NO BUY NOW AVAILABLE HIGGEST BIDDER WINS THE CAR AND HAS TO BE PAID WITHIN 4DAYS OF AUCTION END.

IF YOU CANT AGREE TO ANY OF THE ABOVE PLEASE DONOT BID

PH 0276877009 FOR MORE INFO, TESTDRIVES ADDRESS

Reported again. lol

Trademe are pretty slack with their reports though, when I'm searching for cars I end up reporting like 30 listings over the course of an hour due to ridiculous keyword spam making them show up in the wrong search terms, and trademe would only take action on like 1 or 2 of them.

Now, here's a fun way to spend a Saturday/Sunday:

1) A clubsub member poses as an interested buyer for this Singapore fried rice special WRX, asks to view and gets time and address; posts on clubsub.

2) When he/she goes to inspect, 20-30 clubsub members all tag along for a chat...

;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P:D:P;):P:):P

DPI said:

Now, here's a fun way to spend a Saturday/Sunday:

1) A clubsub member poses as an interested buyer for this Singapore fried rice special WRX, asks to view and gets time and address; posts on clubsub.

2) When he/she goes to inspect, 20-30 clubsub members all tag along for a chat...

;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P:D:P;):P:):P

pity its in auckland other wise im keen

haha black listed as well for asking who his mechanic was... he hasnt answered.

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

yeah i saw a vtec civic with a pod out the bonnet...

just laughed eh...

best thing for a honda is water in the intake

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

It has STI engraved in the keys as well so that confirms above.

lol so if i get they key does that mean my VZ legacy is an sti?

:D