Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stop a TradeMe scammer! - 29/11/09 Car inspected in person!

Simon C

samwilly01 said:

the guy was passionate about how crap this car was. Although a guess he was pretty sure the car had done over 200,000 kms. "its shudders like an old truck, the gearbox feels like its going to fall out of the car every time i changed gear and it was fu*ken slow for a turbo car"!

Im a little racked off tho, it was decribed to me time and time again (by the owner) as 'like new' condition when clearly its not, this dude is a freakin goose - avoid

Gold!!! Great to hear that mate! Backs up everything we have all been saying. Good Work!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

samwilly01 said:

the guy was passionate about how crap this car was. Although a guess he was pretty sure the car had done over 200,000 kms. "its shudders like an old truck, the gearbox feels like its going to fall out of the car every time i changed gear and it was fu*ken slow for a turbo car"!

Im a little racked off tho, it was decribed to me time and time again (by the owner) as 'like new' condition when clearly its not, this dude is a freakin goose - avoid

chur u da man sam :D

and what did say bout the owner ::)

samwilly01 said:

I got a AA test on mr singapore's car, thinking it could be a cheap, good looking WRX with very low kms. Haha the $180 was worth it, just to here with the inspector said to me about not only the car but also the owner hahah gold pure gold. FYI the car has NOT done only 2X XXX kms ......not at all

um...TOLD YA SO!

Initial thoughts were, this car is a ****ty WRX that's been shagged with, and done more like 100,000km minimum.

Figured it was worth around $11000 tops...

Revised after reading above...probably more like $8-9,000 tops now.

Will send through 3rd complaint to Trademe now...

DPI']

[quote name='DPI said:

Is it silly season?

/quote]

No its just that quite a few tards own subies.

Seems to be getting that way huh?

Don't get me wrong, i think very highly of Subaru as a make, enjoy'd all my Cars, especially the Spec C, but does every non sti Subaru owner really think their car is ALL THAT? Just because there are a couple of really quick ones...

I mean, seriously, a WR model... ;D

Subaru themselves were so quick to distance it from the real performance cars, they dropped the 'X'.

It's just a plain WRX, in WRC blue with some plastic parts...

I mean, hell, i expect this from GSR owners (it's as quick as a EVO bro) but SUBARU...i thought there was more class...

There is actually a WR model but to get a genuine one in NZ is near on impossible.

Brits have all the special wrx type models.

Latest response from Trademe:

Thanks for contacting us regarding this listing.

I appreciate your concern for potential buyers in this matter, and we can confirm that many reports have been made in regards to this listing.

Although these reports are currently being looked into, I cannot assure you that we will be removing the listing from the site as we cannot confirm the state of the vehicle as indicated through the sellers comments or through the complaints made from other members on the site.

As in all vehicle listings on the site, we recommend that all potential buyers get the car checked out by AA Technical Services and do all possible research to ensure that they are getting the best value for their money and a vehicle that is most suitable for their needs.

At this time, we are further investigating the details for this specific listing, and again I do appreciate you letting us know your concern about this matter.

If you come across any listings that you have concerns about, please make use of the "Community Watch" link at the bottom of the offending listings. This will bring them to our attention and we can take the necessary action in each case.

If you have further questions regarding this issue please reply and we will answer your email as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kimberly

Trade Me Support

http://www.trademe.co.nz

No, i thought it'd sound too secondhand. Was hoping Samwilly would forward it to TM.

I agree, it looks like it's almost impossible to remove a dodgy auction, looks like Trademe is way, way more interested in their pound of flesh than fairness...

Any club members know anyone at Fair Go? they might be interested in knowing just how little interest Trademe takes in feedback from concerned experts...(lets face it, who would know more about this subject than a club full of Subaru fanatics).

• General Member

are you's worried someone is actually going to buy it?

hav'nt bothered to check TM but I figure unless he's paying for a classified then all Q&A is open to view by possible buyers.. then they would have to be complete mouth breathers to contemplate forking out over 10k for it...

got bored so i reported it to TM again :D

this seller is clearly trying to mislead and rip people off, this vehicular is NOT an GENUINE STi.

ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT GOING TO INTERVENE OR ARE YOU GOING TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO RIP PEOPLE OFF USING YOUR SITE!!

you and i know that it is not a STi because you know the differences, but by you telling trademe that you also need to provide a genuine proof of your statement so they make sure it's not something personal between you and the seller.

so if anyone has a proof, send it to TM and im sure they will do something but without a proof i dont think they would do anything

DPI said:

No, i thought it'd sound too secondhand. Was hoping Samwilly would forward it to TM.

No can do bugger it all - never even seen it. I paid Jed (mr singapore) direct and he sussed out a time for the guy to come around andlook at the car ........so in effect Jed paid the inspector so I didnt even see the offical report. When I got angry Jed gave me the inspector cell number so I rang him direct. Once he realised I was looking to buy the car and that id paid for his sercive he didnt hold back. However although I didnt see it id say the report would be pretty tame due to the fact the inspector thought the owner had paid not a buyer.

you have paid.

demand the report. say you are still interested in buying and wait to see a copy of the report directly.

sometimes you need to go the extra mile to snuff these fools out!!

samwilly01']

[quote name='DPI said:

No, i thought it'd sound too secondhand. Was hoping b]Samwilly[/b] would forward it to TM.

No can do bugger it all - never even seen it. I paid Jed (mr singapore) direct and he sussed out a time for the guy to come around andlook at the car ........so in effect Jed paid the inspector so I didnt even see the offical report. When I got angry Jed gave me the inspector cell number so I rang him direct. Once he realised I was looking to buy the car and that id paid for his sercive he didnt hold back. However although I didnt see it id say the report would be pretty tame due to the fact the inspector thought the owner had paid not a buyer.

You should email trademe and tell them the above, along with the description the tester gave you over the phone...

samwilly01']

[quote name='DPI said:

No, i thought it'd sound too secondhand. Was hoping b]Samwilly[/b] would forward it to TM.

i bet ya mr singapore thinks hes the man aye,

you shoulda givn him a crack! :D

when in doubt LASH OUT! ;)

Meh im kinda happy in a way he made me give up on private sales, walk into a car yard and just stop being such a tigh ass and shell out for a V10 which i was lusting over anyway ;D