Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SMASHYPOW!!

I swear, my Impreza is CUUUUUUUURSED.

So I stopped at a roundabout today at lunch (the small one on Gt South Rd in Greenlane, before the Ellerslie-Panmure roundabout), turning right towards the motorway. There was an Aurion that looked like it was going to shoot straight through so I stopped, not wanting to be T-boned.

Unfortunately the big truck behind me was expecting me to race the gap, and kept moving.

KERBLAMMO.

My poor baby Shale got a Mitsubishi Fighter with MASSIVE BULLBARS up the arse :(

The bootlid is turned inside out, and from the bumper up - through to the rear window - is pretty much minced. The wing is shattered, as are the tail lights. The drivetrain and exhaust are sweet though...it drove back just fine. And yeah, the truckie was lovely about it...he admitted fault because he failed to stop, and rammed me...insurance is doing all the fixing.

So...just a few questions for you, ClubSUB.

1) What's the paint code for Blue Steel? I never wrote it down, and it WILL need some repainting. The original car colour was silver...

2) Does anyone have a version 6 STi wing they want to sell? With bootlid even better...any colour would do. (I only specifically want the version 6 one to replace the shattered one, not a version 5 one or anything smaller)

Thanks in advance, especially if someone has a wing :D (And yes, I'm hitting up TradeMe. And yes, I'll be going to the wreckers - all to get a price and part for insurance)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iceboychch

ouch... im always worried bout people crashing into the back of my car....

mitsubishi drivers!!!!!!!

hope ya car gets fixed :)

<3

The NAC-approved shop reckons it's an easy fix for them, no sweat. There's no chassis damage, it's just the body that's been scalloped. It's just going to be expensive...for insurance. Thank goodness not for me necessarily ><;;

Keep an eye on your rear view eh...you never know when you might need to launch :(

Shale said:

<3

The NAC-approved shop reckons it's an easy fix for them, no sweat. There's no chassis damage, it's just the body that's been scalloped. It's just going to be expensive...for insurance. Thank goodness not for me necessarily ><;;

Keep an eye on your rear view eh...you never know when you might need to launch :(

Very true Shale.

It's mediocre actually. Lol. It'd get a 1.5L off the line faster than it could itself, but it was more like just a rude jolt :P

I'll say one thing though. Good riddance to my leaky bootlid ;D

Guest loren

pays to use your rear view mirror before making a decision to brake harder than you need to or others might expect you to.

Guest loren

BTW not saying shale is to blame, but I find it helps to always assume everyone else on the

road is a moron and that they are not paying attention. In a case like this, the person deciding

not to go across the intersection could have checked in the mirror, seen a vehicle in motion,

and given a few quick stabs on the brakes before braking themselves... that could have gotten

the drivers attention... if not, then you could have simply given them another foot or 2 to stop

by moving into the intersection a tad... not enough to cause an accident yourself, but just

enough to enable the moron behind you to stop.

BTW. simple things like this are what the AA used to teach in schools before deciding it

wasn't cost effective... or perhaps it was the govt pulling funding?

loren said:

pays to use your rear view mirror before making a decision to brake harder than you need to or others might expect you to.

My decision to brake was based on this...

1) Jump the intersection and either T-bone the Toyota, or be T-boned by the Toyota...and have to fix frontal/side damage

2) Brake, and get a truck in the bum, and have to fix rear damage

It was a split second decision, and rear damage (even though it was done by a truck, going notedly slower than the Yoda heading for the intersection) seemed safer, if you will. And more repairable. I'd be able to drive back to work if it wasn't too bad (which is what I did) rather than having to get towed, or dealing with side impact whiplash.

It was one of those situations where I had a huge chance of being hit either way; a rushing Yoda and a truck on my tail :(

Note I didn't slam on the brakes either. It was a case of me preferring to stop, and wait...and the truckie not looking for a moment (he actually confessed this straight off the bat). He was in a hurry, the Yoda was in a hurry, and I was stuck in the middle.

But you are definitely right in that latter post (omfg can't keep up), it's best to assume that people are morons and aren't keeping an eye on the road. I was braking for the intersection (which is actually not what I usually do - I'm usually engine braking until a lot closer), but I guess my one mistake was actually lifting off the brakes for a moment (whilst in 2nd, once again engine braking) but got back on them again after less than a second because I'd decided to wait for the Yoda, which was approaching VERY quickly. Toyota going 50, truck going 20-30...rock, hard place.

LMAO @ Glen... he did actually mutter something about 'checking the cows off to the left' or something...I was too busy shaking and trying not to blub to hear him properly ;D

Kernow - Jafa drivers are pretty reckless sometimes, but not in the self-assured way of Wellingtonians - in a not-paying-attention not-care-about-anyone-else way that results in so many accidents it's not funny :(

When it comes down to it, I prefer to 'play it safe' and obey that 2-second rule. Hence, not shooting the intersection and scaring the bejesus or hitting the Aurion. Unfortunately Truckie wasn't doing the same...

Shale said:

I swear, my Impreza is CUUUUUUUURSED.

___SNIP___

KERBLAMMO.

My poor baby Shale got a Mitsubishi Fighter with MASSIVE BULLBARS up the arse :(

___SNIP___

Meh time to get a new one then, the curse is trying to tell you:

Buy a TURBO Imprezza, no chance of the Curse then following you to a new NA ;D

• General Member
 Shale said:

LMAO! Nah I go against the grain...he's getting fixed ;D I'll have him curse and all.

Just for you guys, I'll get an STi engine though.

(Not that it's going in the GREY car... 8))

They all crash the same, STI engine just ensures you do a better job of it.

• General Member
 Shale said:

Try telling that to everyone that says 'GET A TURBO!' ;D

I say GET ONE OF EACH...cuz yeah, they all die the same.

Im firmly in the get a turbo brigade.

Buying a N/A Imprezza to tune as a performance car is like trying to win bathurst in a wheelchair. Yeah you could give it a go but whats the point?

Oh but I have a turbo :D

It's just...under a tarp :-[

But yeah, iunno. The Legacy is going to be the obvious fun project. Quick turbo wagon, the traditional way. Proper ClubSUB fare, minus the Impreza chassis.

The other guy with a raped arse? I'm getting low on creative ways to rationalise that one, lol. 'It's gonna be a fun project, an interesting adventure'...'I wonder what I can do with this...'

Old engine isn't staying btw. I'll be the first to admit that there's not much more (and not much point) you can do to a 2.0 SOHC. ;) I'm not going to try for 200hp with floaty valves and a current cap of 6400rpm :P

Edit: Sorry if I'm being a bit belligerent or grouchy guys...whiplash is kicking in yo, and it hurts :'(

Johnnynz']

[quote name='Shale said:

Try telling that to everyone that says 'GET A TURBO!' ;D

I say GET ONE OF EACH...cuz yeah, they all die the same.

/quote]

Im firmly in the get a turbo brigade.

Buying a N/A Imprezza to tune as a performance car is like trying to win bathurst in a wheelchair. Yeah you could give it a go but whats the point?

I times a million, just sell em up get a wrx sti and bang ur sorted lol

Got my camera with me today, will have pic pr0n today from over at the shop :) So everyone can see how Imprezas handle being pwnt by trucks I guess ;D

Keltik - sounds like you've had a really bad run with stupid people :( Chicks doing dumb, DUMB things nonetheless (no wonder guys don't take women seriously a lot of the time with dorks like that behind the wheel). I guess you'd agree that despite the fact that when it's not your fault it's easier/cheaper to get the car fixed, it's MORE infuriating because it was someone else's inattention that's damaged your car?

WRXER - I gotta say...though I feel terrible for saying it...if it was a WRX STi that got it up the arse via the truck method I'd be SO MUCH MORE PISSED OFF than it being the HX. I love that fulla but he's not rare - STis are worth a lot more and are far rarer. Sure, me not having one (yet) means potentials are in the hands of boyracers waiting to be wrapped around a pole...but I wouldn't be able to bear badly damaging one of those guys. Insurance/budget/theft is an assortment of the other reasons I still have an HX and a broken GT. (But an STi is on the future budget. There, I said it...)

Drivers in Invers arent much better mate!!

Ive just the blue bullet back from the shop on Fri from some young goon backing out his drive way and punching my front right quarter! It did prompt me to paint the front of my tho...$550 later and $900 in insurance repairs. I did get a wheel alignment and bumper paint for free tho. Didnt even have to put bog on the guard.

Ill put a couple pics up....and the guy drove away!

Was a mates place (a traffic cop) and come out to go home at night time... went to drive off and the wheel wouldnt turn. Hmmm got out to look o ****! Guard pushed right onto the wheel! Cracked lens minced innner guard loss of paint etc etc. Not nice. All sorted now though. Dont trust the panel beaters time lines tho, i got it back a week later than he said originally. Bloody nice job though.

Swindog said:

Drivers in Invers arent much better mate!!

Too busy making out with there sisters???

Sorry to hear about the accident, not cool at all. It took me about an hour to get used to driving in Auckland last week, once i got used to it again it wasn't too bad, just gotta be super agressive, the rental car helped with that.

Where do you find the paint code, i'll have a look at it shortly for ya.

<3

The old forum had a huge amount of info on Subaru paint colours, I reckon I picked it up from a post there well over 2 years ago. Can't remember if the ver5 and ver6 ones are different; it was the ver6 reference I used. However any reference is good reference. Yours would do awesomely ;D

You're right too - gotta be super aggressive in Auckland to make up for the drunk sheep driving everywhere. Wellington drivers are scary but far more trustworthy than out-of-it Jafas!