What PSI are you running?

Guest boostin
 funkytown']

[quote name='Swindog said:

16 psi low 20 psi high.

Have done 27psi.

Turbo good for 35psi.

/quote]

haha dooooo ettt.. but you have to put an internal camera inside your block showing how your entire engine implodes on itself as it reachs 35psi..

I wanna see a rod through the bonnet!!

boostin']

[quote name='Swindog said:

16 psi low 20 psi high.

Have done 27psi.

Turbo good for 35psi.

/quote]

haha dooooo ettt.. but you have to put an internal camera inside your block showing how your entire engine implodes on itself as it reachs 35psi..

I wanna see a rod through the bonnet!!

Sir.. we are exiting the building over..

1.2 bar In my bd5c. This was with the VF18/19 combo, and after i plugged the leaks. Should only have been boosting 1.0bar though i think?

VF32 is on the car and i am picking up my vf31 with ported vf18 turbine housing this arvo all going well.

boostin']

[quote name='akaynlsn said:

my GTB was running 11psi on the GTB block but i done a big end. only replacement i could get was a RS block. now its running at 9.5psi not to sure why.

im hoping my boost controller will fix that and put it up to 14psi

/quote]

The RS block being a non-bspec, will flow significantly less, which is why you're not able to get the spool to make the boost.

as for me: 1990 BC5 GT (5MT) running 18psi

What mod have you done do this BC5 to run 18PSI?

Its a BC5 in looks only. Its been converted to 3 plug ECU.

I was running 18psi in my BF5 for a while, now running 16.

So a standard block can handle that much??

I've got a Chipped ECU, Yellows, VF8 (soon to be TD05 and possible FMIC) etc and running 15PSI

Just wounder what my safe limit would be? i thought 18PSI would have been too much for the standard engine internals

wildturkey said:

i run a constant 13-14psi but have run it at 19psi for about 3 months...........that was fun until the tuner told me it was pinking its tits off and he turned it down lol......still....it pulls strongly

Yes yours does, its a rocket ship :)

Hows the modding coming along?

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='wildturkey said:

i run a constant 13-14psi but have run it at 19psi for about 3 months...........that was fun until the tuner told me it was pinking its tits off and he turned it down lol......still....it pulls strongly

/quote]

I got my goodies all lined up bro.............doing a mix of engine and handling. Wana get it ready for MM. U taking urs on the track?..hope so bro we'll have fun!!!

wildturkey']

/quote]

I got my goodies all lined up bro.............doing a mix of engine and handling. Wana get it ready for MM. U taking urs on the track?..hope so bro we'll have fun!!!

Def, I'm just sorting out some goodies for it now as well, doing a bit of work to it, have a huge list of items i need to sort out

TD05

new Alarm

RE001 Tyres (X4)

FMIC Kit

Bleeding brakes and new pads (RBF600 & {not sure yet} pads)

Bleed the Clutch

Swaybar bushes

and provided i don't destroy anything in the lead up, it will just be gas on the day and load of fun, would be interesting to put our RS against each other, since they have pretty similar mods (well should do come MM)

Bazza-NZ']

/quote]

Def, I'm just sorting out some goodies for it now as well, doing a bit of work to it, have a huge list of items i need to sort out

TD05

new Alarm

RE001 Tyres (X4)

FMIC Kit

Bleed the Clutch

Swaybar bushes

and provided i don't destroy anything in the lead up, it will just be gas on the day and load of fun, would be interesting to put our RS against each other, since they have pretty similar mods (well should do come MM)

lol....I've constantly got a wishlist going on in my head.........it talks to me :D add this..add that.....go on do it!!

Ahhh so u going fmic?....be interested in how u setup........I'm doing same.

wildturkey']

/quote]

TD05

new Alarm

RE001 Tyres (X4)

FMIC Kit

Bleed the Clutch

Swaybar bushes

lol....I've constantly got a wishlist going on in my head.........it talks to me :D add this..add that.....go on do it!!

You going to do a flip manifold?

I'm erring on the side of not going to be worth the effort for what extra gain, but maybe i might... i'm getting a GC8 kit and will modify it to fit the RS like many before me have done

Bazza-NZ']

/quote]

TD05

new Alarm

RE001 Tyres (X4)

FMIC Kit

Bleed the Clutch

Swaybar bushes

You going to do a flip manifold?

I'm erring on the side of not going to be worth the effort for what extra gain, but maybe i might... i'm getting a GC8 kit and will modify it to fit the RS like many before me have done

yeah i doing flipt man (not really flipt......just cutting TB mount of the back and welding to front) and upside down fmic to keep the piping short as poss. Not going to twist the turbo........I send u pic of my future setup.......would like to have it all done b4 mm

Scoobydoo']

[quote name='Scoobydoo said:

1 bar low boost, 1.5 bar high boost, controlled by a Greddy ProfecB SpecII - MY02 Spec C

/quote]

Yeah, but if you push it, it'll see 1.75bar...just shy of 26psi... :P

Not hard to adjust the EBC tho to get that much any time :D

Yeah, but if you wanna keep those $8000 pistons, i'd leave it where it is... ;)

Guest boostin
 DPI']

[quote name='Scoobydoo said:

1 bar low boost, 1.5 bar high boost, controlled by a Greddy ProfecB SpecII - MY02 Spec C

/quote]

Yeah, but if you push it, it'll see 1.75bar...just shy of 26psi... :P

Not hard to adjust the EBC tho to get that much any time :D

Yeah, but if you wanna keep those $8000 pistons, i'd leave it where it is... ;)

He'll keep them, they might have big melt marks down the side of them, but he'll keep them.

Keeping them working inside the engine is a different story though.