Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Who are you insured with?

Sorry I dont know if we have had a topic about this before... but just wanting to know who your insured with?

I just got my renewal form from my insurance company which currently is Pioneer Insurance.

For my first year my car was insured for $17,300.. they sent me my renewal form and they only want to insure my car for $14,200 this year :(

Thinking about changing companies, currently getting quotes and stuff.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is always a contreversial subject in the modified car world.

you need to get your car insured for an "agreed value" which afaik means you need to take it into a garage and get a written valuation.

Easy enough if you know someone at a garage but a pain if you dont.

FYI im with AMI and have found them top notch so far to deal with. But have home, contents and 2 vehicles with them which always gets you nicer treatment than if you just have the car imo.

Im with Insure Direct/Inbroke for the road car. Found their prices cheaper than most with reasonable excess. They havent asked to decrease the agreed value on the car so far.

Im also with Classic Car cover for the race car and they are well priced - but only useful for a dedicated motorsport vehicle.

Ok cool

Well not that i know of, they sent me my renewal form so i guess there alright?

Im just angry that i lost like 4g on my car value :( lol dumb..

Mafu said:

Im just angry that i lost like 4g on my car value :( lol dumb..

3100 according to your first post lol, if you want to be pedantic.

Its normal for the insurance co do devalue your car each year, as your 15000 car does not stay that price in the market for ever. IE they are bringing it in line with market value.

When i had my car i had the car insured at xx,000 but i also had the wheels, link and Coilovers insured on a seperate policy. At the end it was 500 per year, 250 excess + 500 if stolen. I would have had to pay 2 excesses (i think) but i would have got about 6k more in the hand.

yea i wouldn't be complaining TBH at least they let you know.

they could have just keep you paying and thinking your going to get 17k for it, then when it comes time to pay out they say market value is XXX so that all you get.

+1 if you other things insured they are nicer. and +1 for agreed value but normally you have to pay abit more?

State wouldnt insure me cause of my age and car.

I got a quote from another company, 1440 a year.. better then pioneer for 1880

Im going to get a valuation as well i think

Guest jakesternz

How old are you?

I'm 24 with a clear driving history and full cover for 5+ years.

I just did a review with a NAC (IAG) and Clubauto (Tower Insurance). (Tried AA and AMI with no luck)

Currently with State and it worked out around $30 a year cheaper with the other 2 but with huge excess and driver restrictions.

My deal with State at the moment is $1500 a year, $500 excess for theft and accident. This included Road Side Assist and rental car. Also get free windshield cover. Not a bad deal!

NAC and Clubauto charge you 10% of the insured value if stolen which is huge!! Make sure you ask about the theft excess when insuring a car as they don't really tell you about it otherwise.

Also try and stick with one company as the excess comes down the longer you have been with them.

Living in Auckland doesn't help, we pay more due to higher risk of an accident and theft.

Helps to be over 25. Bring on my birthday! ;D

Was with NAC, but had two cars stolen this year so they won't have me back apparently.

Also when the 2nd car got stolen I had to have a very formal meeting at the State Insurance offices that was recorded for legal reasons etc, but they did eventually pay out.

Currently with Inbroke/Insure Direct - only have third party + fire + theft and it works out to be around $800 a year, full cover was $1500++

Guest jakesternz

A meeting! Thats a bit harsh.

Sucks how you get treated like a crim when you try and make an insurance claim!

Anyone had experience with the newbie clubauto.co.nz ??

Yeah was with NAC for my first car, $1500.. then after my first car got stolen they quoted $1800... and i had Pioneer match that for $1500...

now i got a quote for clubauto for $1440, excess for theft is only $1500 which is good compared to NAC which was $2500