Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ks per tank of gas

gtb36

I heard that Force 10 was not recommended for imported Subarus. A few people seem to be running it absolutely no issues. What's the expert report on that one?

lol now here we go.. you say force 10 not recommended for imported Subarus. A few people seem to be running it absolutely no issues.

OK

and they dont recommended 91 for imported Subarus. and i seem to be run my old bg5 gtb without issues.

hell funny it THAT ::) ::)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been through this. You don't have stock engine management, so you can't compare it. That's apples and oranges muh friend.

Ethanol + some Subaru parts (can't remember the specifics) = OM NOM NOM UR PARTS. Hence asking the question. IIRC there was a discussion about it on the old forums, before they went phoot...

Shale said:

We've been through this. You don't have stock engine management, so you can't compare it. That's apples and oranges muh friend.

Ethanol + some Subaru parts (can't remember the specifics) = OM NOM NOM UR PARTS. Hence asking the question. IIRC there was a discussion about it on the old forums, before they went phoot...

iam not talking about my new GTB if you can read ::) i did say my old stock engine management i run that on 91 as well and add a LOT OF TOWING ON 91 ::) ::) :-*

driftrex said:

like i said i have done over 60,000kms on force 10 (unless im out of town and cant get it) with no problems what so ever, i also like to thrash the **** out of that car (the wrx) so what does that tell you?

AND THATS MY POINT!! i done over 75,000kms on 91..

and a lot of that towing big loads :o

and the car got its ass thrash off..

and WITH NO PROBLEMS AS WELL :-X :-X

Shale said:

Well...the Subaru mechs say no. One of them put it in perspective really well too.

I'd rather take the advice of the professionals rather than anecdotal experience.

you so funny not ;)

and the professionals advice say dont use force one mmmmm funny that :P :P

so i take it you never use it aye!!

I use only 98 in both my cars, as is recommended by Subaru NZ.

The Legacy came with a '96 minimum' sticker on the inside of the fuel flap. The Impreza was run on 100 by its past owner overseas.

It's had a tank or two of 91 back in the day, and didn't exactly appreciate it. Ran like a dog.

And no, I won't be using any of the ethanol blends until they're proven safe - or until the cars are modified to properly take it without issue. Once the more expensive of the two is on a Link, it will probably have a tune specifically for that fuel.

Then again I'm the kind of person that doesn't smoke, drinks in moderation, never drinks and drives, doesn't touch the whacky backy... so I guess I'm pretty vanilla when it comes to following rules/advice.

Time to go to the other end of the scale.

Worked consumption out to be roughly 20l/100km in the Wagoon for urban driving. Open road that would drop to 16-17l/100km.

gtb36']

[quote name='driftrex said:

like i said i have done over 60,000kms on force 10 (unless im out of town and cant get it) with no problems what so ever, i also like to thrash the **** out of that car (the wrx) so what does that tell you?

/quote]

Enjoy destroying bearings.

Then again I'm the kind of person that doesn't smoke, drinks in moderation, never drinks and drives, doesn't touch the whacky backy... so I guess I'm pretty vanilla when it comes to following rules/advice.

well i doesn't smoke, drinks in moderation, never drinks and drives, doesn't touch the whacky backy..

but rules are there to brack them aye ;D ;)

Guest boostin
 Shale said:

Well...the Subaru mechs say no. One of them put it in perspective really well too.

I'd rather take the advice of the professionals rather than anecdotal experience.

Who was it and what were their reasons?

NZ new and Jap import all use identical parts, so how can NZ new be ok, and Jappas be a no no??

Cat converters are good for around 5 years or 100,000km, so on anything pre-2000 the cat will be doing nothing anyway, so no point worrying about damaging it.

That's the part that confused me, actually. The sheet that was printed out at the office from Gull, and the one in the Herald at some stage come to think of it, listed the Japanese ones as no-nos yet said that some NZ new models were okay. I'd assumed it was a tuning thing at the time.

Oscar']

[quote name='driftrex said:

/quote]

Enjoy destroying bearings.

u joking? i never did a bearing in that car i got it at 93,000kms and did over 70,000kms not one problem

Shale said:

Meh, so are big end bearings :)

Your car, do as you wish I suppose.

yes its true no big end bearing and car run sweet all the time

not like the bh5 one i have no.. no end probs :-\

diffs,cv,s,bushs, and one big end bearing the day i got the car..

head gaskets and more

Some cars are amazing, some are a pack of troubles and need not the slightest provocation to throw a tantrum.

170,000km on the same cambelt, driving like I mean it...you'd think we'd be dealing with a grenaded engine by now but it hasn't missed a beat. Only thing that went wrong with the cambelt job on that one was the oil pump...rejecting the crank seal several times, and snapping its bolts as they went back into the block.

Other car...uh yeah. Only thing that hasn't been replaced is the leather interior :-X

Let me put it this way. if you one day become a member of the BEB club, don't go crying here.

Also, running 91 is a false economy. Sure it's 4c cheaper than 95, but the amount of fuel you chew up because the ECU has to pull timing and richen the mixture because of the 91 to save the engine from premature bearing ejaculation...then you might as well put a hole in the bottom of the tank.

Oscar said:

Let me put it this way. if you one day become a member of the BEB club, don't go crying here.

Also, running 91 is a false economy. Sure it's 4c cheaper than 95, but the amount of fuel you chew up because the ECU has to pull timing and richen the mixture because of the 91 to save the engine from premature bearing ejaculation...then you might as well put a hole in the bottom of the tank.

lol mate you are so funny.. u need to go back to the start and read what i said again ::) ::).. and yes i am run 91 in the (NEWER) GTB but as shale,and boostin have point out as i have a LINK the motor will run fine on 91 and i get very good km's per tank and its not about save 6c (its 6c cheaper) its just as where i live

but if you opwened your EYES YOU WOULD HAVE READ THIS ::) ::) MERRY XMAS :-*

Shale said:

It must have been dynoed at some point to tune it - either that or you have a talented road tuner at work. Unless it was just a plug and play?

Ah well ;D

ok when it may have been dynoed

i not seen the sheets if so

it took them 10-11 weeks to do the car ???