Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ks per tank of gas

gtb36

GTB36; Read this:

http://www.carbibles.com/fuel_engine_bible_pg2.html

I'll just note here, that the car will guzzle allot more petrol with 91, it can work out to be around the same cost to run on 95 or 98, due to the difference in fuel economy (The difference won't be immediately noticeable unless you reset your ECU). If it costs the same, and is better to run the car on a higher octane, then it is frankly stupid to do anything but run on the higher octane.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ReubenH said:

GTB36; Read this:

http://www.carbibles.com/fuel_engine_bible_pg2.html

I'll just note here, that the car will guzzle allot more petrol with 91, it can work out to be around the same cost to run on 95 or 98, due to the difference in fuel economy (The difference won't be immediately noticeable unless you reset your ECU). If it costs the same, and is better to run the car on a higher octane, then it is frankly stupid to do anything but run on the higher octane.

are you for real! 550-570km's for 53-55lt's not guzzle i say that pritty good!!

but i tell you wont to see you guys are worng .. i reset my ecu and full up on 98

when i go up to chch on boxing day and see what kms i get..

GravelBen']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

Any idea what compression ratio it ended up being in the end. Cause if you have a low low low compression ratio, that might explain things.

/quote]

:-\

Was just wondering that myself, there's certainly something odd about a GTB that runs fine on 91!

my old girl run fine on it as will

just fulled up on good old farm gas 91 lol

Guest boostin
 ReubenH said:

Any idea what compression ratio it ended up being in the end. Cause if you have a low low low compression ratio, that might explain things.

BH TT's normally det badly on 95, and still have a bit on 98. Either low comp or very low boost.

WRXER said:

Um at the track I got 70ks to a tank of gas, but generally 350-450ks on 45ltrs of 98.

Im the same as you. Bit suck when you do a road trip and drive nice at 100kms and still only get 450-490kms to the tank.

Dont hav 98 down in Invers though so that on 95

boostin']

/quote]

BH TT's normally det badly on 95, and still have a bit on 98. Either low comp or very low boost.

it just be low comp as iam runing 1.3 bar boost that 18.85 psi :P

ok just its 8.3:1 compression ratio

You are viewing a brand new HKS EJ20 2.2L Bore Up Stroker Kit. After installing the HKS 2.2L Kit on your EJ20, you will notice a great amount of torque gained during acceleration as well as more power at the top end. Parts that make up this kit are strengthened way beyond OEM standards, are lighter in weight, and are ready for over 400hp. Instead of having a 1994.3cc EJ20 like everybody else, turn your engine into a 2123.5cc EJ22 beast!!

The HKS EJ20 2.2L Bore Up Stroker Kit will include the following:

HKS Piston Kit [Nickel Plated]

HKS Fully Forged and Balanced Crankshaft

HKS H-Cross Section Connecting Rods

*Bore will be increased from 92mm to 92.5mm

*Stroke will be increased from 75mm to 79mm

*Cylinder Block must have machine work done to accomodate this kit.

According to HKS, after installing the HKS EJ20 2.2L Bore Up Stroker Kit, compression ratios will look like the following depending on which size head gasket is used:

*GDB, BE5 - 0.6mm Gasket - 8.3

Get this and all your JDM straight from Japan with RHDJapan

gtb36']

[quote name='Hailz said:

Man what is with people running 91 in there turbo subbies? We all know its no good for them and they were never designed to run it, so stop being tight pricks and shell out the extra $2 a tank and run 98!! ;D

/quote]

well mate! if you been reading i been runing 91 in 2 suby now for 130-135,000kms on 91 and never miss a beat

and its not being a tight prick!!! at all

and if it true about 91 running my gtb at 1.3 bost it show up ..

but it runs mint!! :P

Ok so your one of the FEW people that have had no problems, I have seen many melted pistons and buggered big ends from doing this, but hey who am I to judge lol

Hailz']

[quote name='Hailz said:

Man what is with people running 91 in there turbo subbies? We all know its no good for them and they were never designed to run it, so stop being tight pricks and shell out the extra $2 a tank and run 98!! ;D

/quote]

well mate! if you been reading i been runing 91 in 2 suby now for 130-135,000kms on 91 and never miss a beat

and its not being a tight prick!!! at all

and if it true about 91 running my gtb at 1.3 bost it show up ..

but it runs mint!! :P

Ok so your one of the FEW people that have had no problems, I have seen many melted pistons and buggered big ends from doing this, but hey who am I to judge lol

its all good and as i sead i full up on 98 and reset my ecu and see what km's i get

Guest boostin
 gtb36']

/quote]

How are you running that much boost?? A factory twin turbo won't usually run that much. Do you have an aftermarket boost controller?

boostin']

/quote]

How are you running that much boost?? A factory twin turbo won't usually run that much. Do you have an aftermarket boost controller?

SURE do

driftrex']

[quote name='boostin said:

So that's why the ECU isn't pulling boost. It can't.

/quote]

what you mean

its got a link with no speedcut out as well

so now it has a link ecu as well, that would explain alot lol.

i dont care what you think aye

at end of the day it runs mine on 91

and get good km's per tank! ::)

gtb36']

/quote]

what you mean

well i dont care what you think either lol :P

point is you have a tuneable link ecu which you hadnt mentioned, so that explains why you can run it and get good kms.

driftrex']

/quote]

what you mean

well i dont care what you think either lol :P

point is you have a tuneable link ecu which you hadnt mentioned, so that explains why you can run it and get good kms.

oh i get you now lol well i was told i had to go with a link to run the strocker kit

Guest boostin

Something new pops up every day.

If you had mentioned all this from the start it probably would have saved 3 pages of posts!! If the Link was tuned to run on 91 then it should be fairly happy on that, although I still think 1.3 bar is high to have no det. Also, if it was tuned for 91 then 95 or 98 won't make SFA difference to power or economy.

boostin said:

Something new pops up every day.

If you had mentioned all this from the start it probably would have saved 3 pages of posts!! If the Link was tuned to run on 91 then it should be fairly happy on that, although I still think 1.3 bar is high to have no det. Also, if it was tuned for 91 then 95 or 98 won't make SFA difference to power or economy.

well sir,

i start this to see what ppl get km's from a tank or gas

i wasnt about my gtb

i didnt do the work so its not a biggy for me :o

i just drive it..

oh my old gtb run on 91 and it was standed