• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ks per tank of gas

gtb36

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spec C had a 50L tank. Filled to the brim, i would get 600km out of a tank with highway (open road) driving. Thats a mild 100-120kph (maybe the odd burst to 160ish on desert road), overtaking anything slower than 100kph, rapidly. ;)

BP98 only.

This was achieved about 6 or 7 times in regular trips from Auckland to Palmy-Levin and back...

By comparisson, my Safari weighs 1100kg more, is 4.2L diesel auto and will do 600km's on a tank (95L) highway. Thank god diesel is around 70c a litre cheaper than 98! :o

Bazza-NZ']

well i full up on 98 and did 430km's to the tank :-[ well tha sucked and cost me !!! back to good old 91 now ;D

/quote]

wouldn't recommend using 91 in a Subaru, try either V-power of 95 first before deciding on going to 91

he is running a link tuned for 91 theres about 2 or 3 pages about it

[quote name='gazzy2000 said:

Just completed a trip over 1000Km, does 9 Litres per 100KM in my BH5 with G1 Possumlink ;)

Thats on 98 with AIrcon on alot of the time, oh and boostin here n there

dam you i want your bh!

gazzy2000']

Just completed a trip over 1000Km, does 9 Litres per 100KM in my BH5 with G1 Possumlink ;)

Thats on 98 with AIrcon on alot of the time, oh and boostin here n there

[quote name='Drunkenmonkey said:

dam you i want your bh!

Yes well after all the BS i had with boosting issues i deserve to get something right!

The wife loves it too! and she is 31 weeks pregnant, in 25 degrees+ in summer and we have a 1 year old, so she must be pleased!! LOL

just got home (dunedin) coming from chch and according to the car odometer i did 366ks with just over half tank, which means i used less than 9L per 100ks (about 8.7L/100ks)

also i wasnt driving like a nana, was going about 100-110ks/h (110-120 goin up hills) and the odd boosts to over take anyone going less than 105ks.

stock ECU, running on bp 98

B4 2000 said:

just got home (dunedin) coming from chch and according to the car odometer i did 366ks with just over half tank, which means i used less than 9L per 100ks (about 8.7L/100ks)

also i wasnt driving like a nana, was going about 100-110ks/h (110-120 goin up hills) and the odd boosts to over take anyone going less than 105ks.

nice, i always use less coming home from chch than going up there, must be driving down the island ;)

B4 2000 said:

WTF?! ive just about done 400 kms, and my tank is practically empty! it must have a boody hole in it or something...

Hiway driving towing jetski, 3 passengers and a boot FULL of gears 440kms before the E light came on solid, that was with a few steep climbs and over taking on our way to Whangamata and back plus a bit of crusing around the beaches etc in Whangamata.

Car, estimate 50 litres (1 full tank) = 440kms

Jetski, estimate 180 litres (3 full tanks) = 10 hours LMAO

sharktale said:

Hiway driving towing jetski, 3 passengers and a boot FULL of gears 440kms before the E light came on solid, that was with a few steep climbs and over taking on our way to Whangamata and back plus a bit of crusing around the beaches etc in Whangamata.

When were you in whangamata? new years?

pl0x']

[quote name='sharktale said:

/quote]

When were you in whangamata? new years?

Yea bro, we had a house for 7 days right across from the marina and ski course.

I kept some results from April this year, 1996 GTB/BG5

Best:

11.74km/L or 8.51L/100km (~700km/60L tank)

Average:

8.07km/L or 12.39L/100km (~480km/60L tank)

Worst:

6.58km/L or 15.17L/100km (~400km/60L tank)

shadenz said:

I kept some results from April this year, 1996 GTB/BG5

Best:

11.74km/L or 8.51L/100km (~700km/60L tank)

Average:

8.07km/L or 12.39L/100km (~480km/60L tank)

Worst:

6.58km/L or 15.17L/100km (~400km/60L tank)

wow your best is pretty dam good the most i got out of my gtb was 550kms/60l tank

my gen 1 i decided to record and did 11l/100kms and thats with a fair bit of on boost trying 11 psi out up to reubens :)

Depends on the ECU and the tune. With aftermarket ECUs you have to do it all from scratch, so you could slow the engine down a bit and scrimp&save with your economy...or make it dump fuel in the everything and get eleventy hundred kiloholysh!ts at the wheels, but go 200km on a tank.

my 2cents

We drove from Whangarei to Takaka and back (I highly recommend Takaka for a holiday BTW).

Car: BH5 GTB - modified

We spent about $400 on petrol for the round trip (95 mostly but 98 where we could get it), she was fully loaded with stuff for 3 weeks holiday.

We did not drive the car too hard, did boost alot, ok a heck of a lot (Max boost: in primary to about 10.7Psi and Secondary 15.9Psi). The big point tho is we drove to the speed limit, so if 100Km/h section, we did 100Km/h max (average was about 95ishkm/h), 80Km/h section we did 80 max and so on...

We did on average about 750Km per tank. Kept the receipts too.