Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I am curious..

Johnnynz said:

Or you can have unlimited TXT plan and thrash the crap out of it by senging 10k texts a month and your not doing to bad on the deal.

so...in essence you are happy to pay like $10 or $20 for 1.5mb of data????

7 texts=1kb. Thus 7 x 1024=7168 texts.

Yeah....still not quite right considering i get 100mb for $10 eh?

• General Member
 ODB']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

Or you can have unlimited TXT plan and thrash the crap out of it by senging 10k texts a month and your not doing to bad on the deal.

/quote]

so...in essence you are happy to pay like $10 or $20 for 1.5mb of data????

7 texts=1kb. Thus 7 x 1024=7168 texts.

Yeah....still not quite right considering i get 100mb for $10 eh?

TBH I prefer txting, anti social I guess but its just what I prefer, been doing it since I was 15 so its habit now.

I get all my txt and calls free through work anyway. I was just pointing out the numbers arent as bad as your worst case scenario listed. Not really arguing that your wrong.

QRAF said:

perks of working for Gen-i get the nice monthly credit from telecom each month.

XT for the win but i still find places where i don't get coverage.

I am in the process of trying to revert from XT back to the cdma network :( telecom really not wanting to do this :(

if I had reliable coverage at home then I wouldnt :(

• General Member

I find Vodafone very all or nothing. Im eaityher perfect coverage on my Blackberry or not a damn peep, no middle groud.

XT is improving but it was a bloody joke. 4 weeks after its launch I had no recpetion in a cafe less than 1k from wellington hospital, and I lost service on the Foxton straihgt FFS.

Havent had so many issues lately, and it seems to not be droppiong out for hours at a time in the early AM anymore also.

Frankly calling is ALWAYS intrusive, and my mates are learning to do it in emergency or desperation only. If you want something, then say it. Via txt, if you want to ask me how my day was and how I'm feeling etc, I can ignore you. I'm not rude enough to just hang up on you if you call me (though I REALLY REALLY want to).

It's either via txt or to my face...if you are going to annoy me with a call you better have a good reason.

Value for money can go f**k itself. You txt me, or deal with me in person. Those are the rules, if you don't like it go and menstruate elsewhere.

:P

But to get something done, calling it much more efficient. like by the time you ask "where are you?" In text and they reply, you and them are both 20 k down the bloody road. Calling can get you a real time image of the situation :P

aim said:

But to get something done, calling it much more efficient. like by the time you ask "where are you?" In text and they reply, you and them are both 20 k down the bloody road. Calling can get you a real time image of the situation :P

Yeah, you can't not reply to a phone call if you pick it up (but as I've seen Amy do many times you can just ignore it). My mantra is call if you want to get a message across fast, if they don't answer leave a message and their curiosity normally gets the better of them = message gets through.

matdaymon']

[quote name='aim said:

/quote]

Yeah, you can't not reply to a phone call if you pick it up (but as I've seen Amy do many times you can just ignore it). My mantra is call if you want to get a message across fast, if they don't answer leave a message and their curiosity normally gets the better of them = message gets through.

Yarp, it's either hit the red button on 'em or yell "ARGH F**K YA, SEND ME A DAMN MESSAGE!" and ignore it, getting funny looks from the guy next to me in traffic wondering wtf is wrong with these angry Subaru drivers... :P

Normally if it's urgent I get a call, then a txt... if that happens I read it, and it's usually "ANSWER YOUR BLOODY PHONE"...and I know to stop ignoring :D

Each to their own i suppose but to me its a phone. If you dont want to be contactable dont have one.

The perfect system is in japan where you get "push" data emails instead of texts.

You just pay for the data used.

Still.

Where calling is impractical, fine. When not....texting is for fools.

I would have thought it was obvious, really.

If it's important, you call; it's faster, more precise and the most accurate form of communication.

If you just want to do something annoying, like ask some meaningless question that's not even vaugely important, you text, like all other children...

;D

Swindog said:

I have a work phone so its free for me to call. Mind you its free to txt too but why when it takes half the time to ring.

Cause my friends don't pick up the ph when i call, so its easier to just send a text.

I get free calls to but i have to pay for texts well $12 a month for unlimited texts within nz to all networks.

QRAF']

[quote name='Swindog said:

I have a work phone so its free for me to call. Mind you its free to txt too but why when it takes half the time to ring.

/quote]Cause my friends don't pick up the ph when i call, so its easier to just send a text.

I get free calls to but i have to pay for texts well $12 a month for unlimited texts within nz to all networks.

YOu need new friends or something more interesting to talk about lol :)