Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

CP93MM said:

Well i got a chance to fit my injectors and rails today and make up the custom support brackets,went very well and quick,very very happy......only thing is i may not be able to run a air filter, man its gonna be one loud turbo spool!...mind you its only a weeknd runner and not an everyday driver as i have a work vehicle.011-11.jpg?t=1294534592008-16.jpg?t=1294534708012-14.jpg?t=1294534812011-11.jpg?t=1294534848

Looks good dude but for the price you payed for the rails probably you can just redrill the original so that NO4 doesnt lean out which is what the rails are for.I did this to mine perfectly and saved the 350 bucks instead of buying those rails.

change that T fitting to Y man, the return ones all good being T , put not a feed

looking so mean! cant wait till your done

again, im stressing so much about those fittings , this happened to my mates car yesterday, fitting/ cheap braid fail

167205_188926177785847_115466951798437_7

Guest vf20/21bg5
 WRXER said:

Ketz ol car aye, defintely never go cheap on fuel fittings ;)

...hehehe smurf chucked us out of that economic thread about blazed lol :'( what was wrong with debating ;) oh well back to the cars i guess ;D ;D

Guest vf20/21bg5
 S T E Y E said:

yea man guttered that thread got locked...

why they have to ruin all the fun

sorry bout that, i didnt think it was getting heated at all ??? ...maybe a little off topic but not heated... cheers smurf ;)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 cloanedmk2']

[quote name='CP93MM said:

Well i got a chance to fit my injectors and rails today and make up the custom support brackets,went very well and quick,very very happy......only thing is i may not be able to run a air filter, man its gonna be one loud turbo spool!...mind you its only a weeknd runner and not an everyday driver as i have a work vehicle.img] 011-11.jpg?t=1294534592 [/img]008-16.jpg?t=1294534708012-14.jpg?t=1294534812011-11.jpg?t=1294534848

Looks good dude but for the price you payed for the rails probably you can just redrill the original so that NO4 doesnt lean out which is what the rails are for.I did this to mine perfectly and saved the 350 bucks instead of buying those rails.

...i just like the look of them, no expense needing to be spared with this build :)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 BLAZD said:

change that T fitting to Y man, the return ones all good being T , put not a feed

looking so mean! cant wait till your done

again, im stressing so much about those fittings , this happened to my mates car yesterday, fitting/ cheap braid fail

167205_188926177785847_115466951798437_7

...not sure how the y-fitting would help over the t-fitting?

Guest vf20/21bg5
 BLAZD said:

flow

...still cant see it being an issue if you run a 044 or walbro 255ltr pump, with fuel systems its all about the pressure not the flow isnt it? Im running -6 all the way.......I could be wrong as im not an injection specialest

Guest vf20/21bg5
 S T E Y E said:

i thought it was about the flow more than the pressure lol

i know it is with exhausts and intakes/heads etc, but can anyone back up the claim with links to web sites as to why flow and a y-fitting makes a difference over a T- fiting on a -6 fuel injection system? confused

im running full dash 6 too, pretty much same setup but side feeds,

just think if pressures coming directly from both sides , they will clash, a Y will flow the 2 together

when i got my car back from STM, that was first thing they had changed

CP93MM']

[quote name='S T E Y E said:

/quote]i know it is with exhausts and intakes/heads etc, but can anyone back up the claim with links to web sites as to why flow and a y-fitting makes a difference over a T- fiting on a -6 fuel injection system? confused

just think about the shape and where fuels coming from, of course a Y will flow so much better !

i think? :-\

Guest S T  E Y E
 BLAZD']

/quote]i know it is with exhausts and intakes/heads etc, but can anyone back up the claim with links to web sites as to why flow and a y-fitting makes a difference over a T- fiting on a -6 fuel injection system? confused

just think about the shape and where fuels coming from, of course a Y will flow so much better !

my thoughts too as u want maximum flow to the fuel rail right???

a Y will allow much easier flow than a T thus meaning more flow to the rail

Guest vf20/21bg5
 BLAZD said:

im running full dash 6 too, pretty much same setup but side feeds,

just think if pressures coming directly from both sides , they will clash, a Y will flow the 2 together

when i got my car back from STM, that was first thing they had changed

...but my T-fitting inlet branches off to the lft and right to feed both rails and the 2 returns join back into 1 at the return T again b4 going to the reulator.....im sure ive got that right...ill try and find a pic as im not sure what you meen sorry

Guest vf20/21bg5
 S T E Y E']

my thoughts too as u want maximum flow to the fuel rail right???

a Y will allow much easier flow than a T thus meaning more flow to the rail

but the amount of pressure up in the system shouldnt affect this as its a constant 60 ish psi...flow shouldnt be an issue as the fuel is not racing through the system at a hundred miles and hr like an exhaust or intake

Guest S T  E Y E

hmm yea it is pressurised but id imagine ur big ass injectors would go through a fair amount of fuel so ideally ud want good flow???

more flow the better yeah?? u can never have too much flow??

just my thoughts anyway and STM sure do know their stuff so if they changed a T to a Y isnt that saying something?

Guest vf20/21bg5
 BLAZD said:

yeah i cant really comment much more as im really not sure

i can take photos of my setup if u like?

just asked if my setup is ok in a thread and thr ill ask about the y and t connections as replys cm in ;)