Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Be carefull all :)

hey all, dont know if this is the best place for this or if its already posted.

but heres something that happend at i think was a NZhondas trackday at Puke.

crashfinal.gif

just a reminder to everyone to be carefull and safe out the on the track.

-smurff

Edited by Joker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would of held that in a Subaru.........What......To soon? :o

On a more serious note that is a very scary crash especially in what looks like a street car with no roll cage. Poor guy probably wouldn't have insurance either, being on a race track and all......Quick push it out on the street before the cops get here. ::)

was a very nice car, driver is said to be an experianced track driver, NZH had removed the photos untill they knew what condition the driver was in, incase the worst had happened they wanted to show some respect.

everyone who drives on the track can learn from this, esspicially our newer, younger members, who think of themselves as bullet proof and maybe some of the older ones who may be getting complacent.

-smurff

I doubt very much he did the latter at that speed lol...

Most likely ran wide caught some grass but thats speculation.

Guest lan_killa

looking at it... ran wide into the grass and then turned too sharply to get off the grass and back end came around

Take a look at this

55sec his the grass turns hard and spins

2min 30sec hits the grass and decides this time to just coast down it and comes back fine

This is the reason I decided to cage my car, had a close call at Ruapuna and learnt the hardway the faster u go the faster u crash.

But to be honest, that car held up very well. For the size of the crash it looked like those crumple zones did what they designed to do. Glad to hear the driver is recovering well.

This is a caged rollover at speed. Jeffs ten second starlet at the elbow on teretonga. Right wheel touched the grass, pulled him into the grassed area and spun him, flipt it sides twice...speeds around 60-70km.

DSCN2012.jpg

DSCN2017.jpg

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2031.jpg

He walked away. Abit dizzy but ok.

I've seen a few incidents on the front 'straight' of Puke...witnessed an S2K having a WOOHOO into the fence. :-X

This is something that goes through the mind of most sensible newbies...at least it does me. I was PARANOID about falling off like this the entire time I was on the track last.

Very timely reminder...

smurff said:

damn what a difference

-smurff

To be fair at pukey you would be doing twice that speed at least and have hit near head on in a concrete wall and the car launched into the air ;)

The guy was lucky to get away with no major injuries

Hang on while I find some more pix...

;)

Three semi slicks and a full slick on the front right, brand new rears.

27713_10150153852855507_703485506_1.jpg

27713_10150153856590507_703485506_1.jpg

Muppet ?

Are these Puke testdays more like old style open days with no scrutineering/documentation etc ?

that was dam intense, i think that i would be shaken for sometime, im glade to hear that the driver is ok and best wishes for his recovery, i think that im going to slow down a bit on the roads after watching that, my starlet is already dangerous as it is

newsuba said:

Hang on while I find some more pix...

;)

Three semi slicks and a full slick on the front right, brand new rears.

27713_10150153852855507_703485506_1.jpg

27713_10150153856590507_703485506_1.jpg

Muppet ?

Are these Puke testdays more like old style open days with no scrutineering/documentation etc ?

Holy crap. Hats off to you, that's some serious attention to detail... :o