Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Warning System (all users)

Joker

shouldn't need to be

but i guess a polite protest to the CC regarding warnings etc should be an option. well it already is, but so far people just whaaaaaaaaa instead of being constructive. you can also report a mod. yes its taken seriously, so if you do, you better have good reason :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TURTLE said:

Is there going to be a debate setup,

ie a mod issues points because he/she (not a tranny) gets corrected on a tech item, and gets all pissy about it because the are a child of the softly softly generation and can't handle being told that they are outright wrong.

Is there anyway to fight it. Or do we need to start up a thread each time.

Because lets face it, we've had some mods who may be great at organising events, but in reality wouldn't know the dispstick from the dipshit when it comes to subarus.

thats what the plan is looking like.. to create area reps who are event organisation.. And mods who are different that are the peace keepers etc.

General peace keeping is different to technical knowledge though

Any system is going to shortfalls though. It might be seen that this might be just to top heavy

• General Member

use the report to mod button and we have a mini debate behind the scenes, I was reported recently (well more than once to this date) and I left the moderating to "others" and I had no input into the decision

ps: things have been working reasonably well thus far and some are only up in arms since they were told/warned and suddenly everyone has a guilty conscience!

carry on as normal and I am sure anyone who steps out of line will be told by 1 of many methods, my personal fav is flaming tards, best option is to be mature and discuss (like we are here - semi mature at time I know)

funkytown']

[quote name='TURTLE said:

Is there going to be a debate setup,

ie a mod issues points because he/she (not a tranny) gets corrected on a tech item, and gets all pissy about it because the are a child of the softly softly generation and can't handle being told that they are outright wrong.

Is there anyway to fight it. Or do we need to start up a thread each time.

Because lets face it, we've had some mods who may be great at organising events, but in reality wouldn't know the dispstick from the dipshit when it comes to subarus.

/quote]

thats what the plan is looking like.. to create area reps who are event organisation.. And mods who are different that are the peace keepers etc.

General peace keeping is different to technical knowledge though

Any system is going to shortfalls though. It might be seen that this might be just to top heavy

That sounds like a decent idea as I agree with Turtle, some of the people who are great at organising events and getting people together etc really shouldn't be given the power to moderate. Its been proven time and time again in the past year or so on here.

If you only get attention when you're being naughty, those people will keep being naughty to get the attention. If you start giving attention to people when they are good, they'll continue being good.

Some people crave attention, and will do what it takes to be noticed.

problem we have atm is many people complain about this that and the next thing

but there are few who are prepared to help/mod (and who are suitable)

would be great to have specific mods, and its the plan for the future.

if we could assign people to these roles, and RELY on them, it would work fine.

QIK_KAS said:

If you only get attention when you're being naughty, those people will keep being naughty to get the attention. If you start giving attention to people when they are good, they'll continue being good.

Some people crave attention, and will do what it takes to be noticed.

should have known it was as simple as that

banned members tend to allll hate and disgust with the club. but just keep coming back for more

kamineko said:

problem we have atm is many people complain about this that and the next thing

but there are few who are prepared to help/mod (and who are suitable)

would be great to have specific mods, and its the plan for the future.

if we could assign people to these roles, and RELY on them, it would work fine.

Im guessing this will take place after AGM.. new committee will work through a good mod team.. as the two groups have to be on the same path.. .surely?

I think it's a blimmen brilliant idea. It means people will stop hating on their local reps, so hopefully in turn the meets will have better turnouts. Also, might mean that the more computer illiterate people that wouldn't feel comfortable modding don't feel they have to either :)

To have a couple of people to do the whole boards, everyone can just hate/b1tch about them and the world will be a better place :P

This thread is getting some really good points put forward this is great.

The different roles for different mods sounds good as does the guidelines to be set out for mods. Guessing the committee will discuss and come up with the outline for these mod rules (and hopefully put forward for everyone to see the limits of the mods powers) My vote goes for anything with positive ideas at its base.

Keep on with the good discussion people!

Edit: Aunty Kas has the right idea :P

We also need mods that have some respect around here, nothing implied but people that have been around for all of 5mins, or not contributed, have no respect until its earned. If they tell me to STFU i'll respond telling them to get fucked.

Being a MOD does not mean i have to like, respect or listen to you!!!!

On that very good point...

IMO some of the 'older' ClubSUB members, even some that rub others up the wrong way sometimes, would make fine mods. They've contributed plenty over the years and from past experience, these sorts of people step up to the newfound responsibility really well.

Namely for the tech sections and anti-flaming measures ;D

Turtle your dead on mate. Maybe get people to nominate members who have been around for a while and have respect already earned. Maybe come up with a list of positive attributes for a mod and then the committee selects those who meet the set criteria best?

• General Member
 zarnah']

so this warning system, what happens when you use up all your demerits? you cant post ever again? isnt that hard to just register another user name.......

would suggest they are not keen for committee positions but I know a couple are keen to help mod....

and/or were kept on as mods after past positions held

[quote name='funkytown said:

is there not a lack of these "older members" not wanting to put in towards the committee or mod team tho?

read first post again - they fall off at %5 a day, depends on you level you can still post, any new accounts will be watched as its not hard to identify multiple user accounts as the same person if they are really causing mayhem

You know, i'd be happy to help out moderating, but the first thing that came to my mind is exactly what turtle mentioned, i don't think i'd be suitable in that case ::)

TURTLE said:

We also need mods that have some respect around here, nothing implied but people that have been around for all of 5mins, or not contributed, have no respect until its earned. If they tell me to STFU i'll respond telling them to get fricked.

Being a MOD does not mean i have to like, respect or listen to you!!!!

I fully agree, the mods have to carry a little respect with them, so people don't call the whaaaaaambulance when they get moderated.

ReubenH said:

I fully agree, the mods have to carry a little respect with them, so people don't call the whaaaaaambulance when they get moderated.

They all deserve one of these when they start waaaaaaaaaaa-ing;

2681802832_1d68c21067.jpg

Then full IP ban if they delete their accounts while being little girls.

Although it is quite funny when they return to check out their waaaaaa thread i.e. Rugged RS ::)

nzkaosnz said:

so where/how do we suggest the above (people we would like to see being mods)

Someone should start a pole. We all love a bit of a pole. Add a few names, others add in names that they think should be there etc etc. But should it really be left up to a majority/popularity vote like it has in the past?? I'm not sure that will work?

I still think its a great suggestion to have mods separated from Reps. As having them intertwined left decent mods open to critism for being shite Reps and vice versa.