Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Hampton Downs - Super Lap

• General Member

Never heard any times, WLD STI and SUBZRO both looked to be running pretty good lines from where I was though.

Awesome looking and sounding cars both of them.

Jase (STI LE) didnt have such a good day by the looks of things.

I think WLDSTI may have taken it out?? he was leading when i left i think..

It went well and SUBZEROs car looked real good as well..

Yeah Jase was having issues which is average he was going alright everytime till then..

You could tell what the crowds were there to see...As soon as drifting season finished people left to get food or whatever it was like max exodious of the track, most of them were bros that wanted to see some fat driting AUUUU...lol..

Possibly why the run super lap and the drifting together ?? to give super lap some more exposure?

• General Member
 nt_a_foz said:

You could tell what the crowds were there to see...As soon as drifting season finished people left to get food or whatever it was like max exodious of the track, most of them were bros that wanted to see some fat driting AUUUU...lol..

Possibly why the run super lap and the drifting together ?? to give super lap some more exposure?

Yeah was crazy to see aye. The walls just emptied each time.

• General Member

Results stolen from NZPC Facebook and NZ Hondas site...

Overall...

1st 34 1.11.88 Eddie Pinkham Skyline

2nd 10 1.13.50 Daniel Currie WRX

3rd 48 1.14.22 Rowan Trotter WRX

4th 39 1.14.28 Hans Ruiterman Silvia

5th 744 1.14.47 Ricky Grey Evo

6th 49 1.15.09 Simon Turner Evo

7th 29 1.15.16 Neville Messenger RX7

8th 3 1.15.66 Kenneth Au S2000

9th 51 1.15.96 Scott Wilkins Silvia

10th 60 1.16.4 0 Nick Fenton Silvia

By Class but no vehicle listings...

Street -

51 1.15.96 Scott Wilkins

58 1.17.50 Jason McMillan

16 1.18.47 Glenn Hodges

26 1.19.44 Brent Love

20 1.20.59 Tyson Jemmett

5 1.21.00 Katherine Benson

19 1.21.85 Neal Jackson

21 1.22.13 Bryce Kamizona

32 1.24.47 Michael Muth

25 1.27.00 Cam Legget

Superlap - Pro-Street

Number Best Name

10 1.13.50 Daniel Currie

48 1.14.22 Rowan Trotter

744 1.14.47 Ricky Grey

49 1.15.09 Simon Turner

29 1.15.16 Neville Messenger

60 1.16.40 Nick Fenton

24 1.17.16 Simon Lee

40 1.20.53 Leon Scott

42 1.20.85 Jason Shortt

Superlap - Pro-open

Number Best

34 1.11.88 Eddie Pinkham

39 1.14.28 Hans Ruiterman

3 1.15.66 Kenneth Au

4 1.19.31 Aidan Barret

77 1.21.87 Sephen Dench

31 1.22.72 Karl Mossong

• General Member

Yeah defo wasnt the tidiest lines of the day it was running or anything (in my extremly humble opinion). But its brute power was so impressive to see.

Even mid third gear coming out of a corner wrong just foot down, on boost and as you say sat down and hauled.

Guest Fastfour

Well what a day.

Car was so strong on the Dyno on Friday and all indications showed like it was going to be a great event.

First practice session started and my first couple of laps were quite drifty! Kept the crowds entertained as they really weren't there to watch Superlap.

Then at lap 3 I heard a pop noise and my boost got lowered down to 0.4bar. Limped back into the pits and one of the intercooler hoses was leaking. It didnt completely pop off so retightened and waited to go back out.

Back out for the next session and I had boost again, and a bit more drifting - for another 3 laps then boom AGAIN!. Limped back in and changed clamps, and then waited to go back out again.

Third practice session and yay - I had boost again FOR A LAP AND A HALF. By now it was getting kinda old! Spent some time working on the hose and clamp set up, putting multiple clips on.

Went back out of the first qualifying section I really pushed the warm up lap. For those that dont know how Superlap works - you get one warm up lap, one flying lap to set the time, and then a cool down. So I went out like a man possessed. Cranked it up and set off on the flying lap. First corner I went through faster than I ever had before and was perfectly placed for the next corner. Turn 2 produced a slight bit of oversteer and 3 wheel action switching into slight oversteer in turn 3. I fired into turn 4 and came out really quick. I was thinking YES this is THE LAP! Into Barrel 51 corner nice and deep, through it in and came out with good pace and a great line when POP no boost. FAARRRRKKKK!!!!!

Limped my way down the straight, around the last turn and up the hill to the finsh line. Decided to stay out to actually set a time, sue to not even getting a time at the last Superlap event.

Back into the pits and decided to call it a day. There were two more sessions to go but thought I should quit whilst I still having a driveable car. Bloody annoying but thats motorsport for you.

The annoying thing is that my hot lap was the fastest I had ever driven at Hampton Downs and would have been a very competitive lap.

So now its back to the drawing board. A rethink is needed on the HDI kit. Im going to redseign the piping layout, and do a few other things. The car will be off the road for a few months.

ReubenH said:

Maybe you should get some of these f**kers if you haven't already. They're damn expensive though :-X

GBS-LRG.jpg

Sounds like it was a fun day regardless though :D

That looks like a plain old t-clamp, for real clamps, you need Wiggins;

Wiggins+Clamp1238441217.jpg

But Jase, if yur piping is pulling out of the hoses, might be time to weld some knobs either side of the clamps and put a strap across them thats pinned in place. I'll try find some photo's tonight if I haven't explained this very well.

Guest Fastfour

Koom - yeah I know what you are meaning.

The pipes are completely coming off - thats the thing. They are just not sealing properly. And Im only running 15 psi so its not massive amounts of boost.

Im currently looking at redesigning the whole set up and will eliminate this problem.

And yes I was running those T bolt clamps - they failed, as well as the other smaller sh*ttier ones.