Founder Of Clubsub

sirwrx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Koom said:

Was it Moog's that used to post alot of tech stuff? I remember reading alot of posts by someone with a name like that back in the day.

It was Doogs (Damian). He was one of the more knowledgable folks back in the day, helped me out with quite a few things. I think he may have been president of the club at some stage too?

chrisjunkie said:

I'm waaay too new to know, but a newsletter seems like a really good idea! Could just be like a monthly or fortnightly re-cap of interesting discussions etc with events coming up?

The whole featured car thing could go in here too? Any volunteers? :P

Koom']

[quote name='aim said:

interesting, nice slice of history. and you old buggers still don't come out to the meets :P

/quote]

No decent excuses really, I'll blame the missus. That plus my RS doesn't really go. Sometime early next year hopefully that'll change.

You're right, no decent excuses :P Why doesn't it 'really go' what's wrong with it?

aim']

[quote name='aim said:

interesting, nice slice of history. and you old buggers still don't come out to the meets :P

/quote]

No decent excuses really, I'll blame the missus. That plus my RS doesn't really go. Sometime early next year hopefully that'll change.

You're right, no decent excuses :P Why doesn't it 'really go' what's wrong with it?

It was off the road for a while, while I put the big turbo on it, then our friday afternoon fun for a while was going out and road tuning it to see how much boost it could handle. Turn's out that I could get it up to 25-27 psi (hard to tell exactly with just the Possumlink data logs cause its a bit slow and doesn't always tell the truth) but then the headgasket packed a sad so now I'm accumulating parts to rebuild a new motor as the old one had done about 80k kms since I built it. So it doesn't really go as most of the motor is in the boot right now. Rest is in my wagon waiting to go to the machine shop.

This actually reminds me of when I first joined here as I'd blown up the RS and needed to figure out what I'd done and how to fix it.

aim']

[quote name='chrisjunkie said:

I'm waaay too new to know, but a newsletter seems like a really good idea! Could just be like a monthly or fortnightly re-cap of interesting discussions etc with events coming up?

/quote]

The whole featured car thing could go in here too? Any volunteers? :P

I'll do it, though I suck at design so maybe Shale can help me out there.. Won't be able to do it for the next 3 weeks.. exams. *insert shudder here* but after that it could be cool. Start it off in the festive season!

Koom']

[quote name='aim said:

/quote]

It was off the road for a while, while I put the big turbo on it, then our friday afternoon fun for a while was going out and road tuning it to see how much boost it could handle. Turn's out that I could get it up to 25-27 psi (hard to tell exactly with just the Possumlink data logs cause its a bit slow and doesn't always tell the truth) but then the headgasket packed a sad so now I'm accumulating parts to rebuild a new motor as the old one had done about 80k kms since I built it. So it doesn't really go as most of the motor is in the boot right now. Rest is in my wagon waiting to go to the machine shop.

This actually reminds me of when I first joined here as I'd blown up the RS and needed to figure out what I'd done and how to fix it.

Hurry up and fix it already :P

Koom']

[quote name='aim said:

Hurry up and fix it already :P

/quote]

If you want to sponsor it :P

Spent too much cash going to Ireland a while ago. Project is coming along though. Parts in from the States today mmmm

Yeah I'll sponsor it with all that cash I'm gonna be earning from my awesome job this summer :P

Guest Fastfour
 Koom said:

Was it Moog's that used to post alot of tech stuff? I remember reading alot of posts by someone with a name like that back in the day.

Doogs - Damian

And yes he was pres

Guest Fastfour
 Scoobydoo']

[quote name='Qwerty said:

Front left was also a president once apon a time

/quote]

Yeah I'll go with front left also... the name Drewpy comes to mind... probably wrong tho. And Nordy?

Duey - Graham Due (crouching down in that photo)

Nordy - CJ Due-Simmons (in the photo also)

Graham was President and CJ was secretary.

What ever happened to Fuji (If I remember the name correctly) and a few others. Ah good times, and yes Im slack lol at coming to meets although in my defence working tues-sat nightsit kinda kills it for the sociable gatherings. But the sunday missions, I've been just lazy lol while my wrx is sitting in limbo. ;D